Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Hogville.net

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Has anyone else here been banned from Hogville.net for no apparent reason? I made only ten posts on the site, none derogatory, but couldn't sign on today because I had been banned from their forums. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

SeanVol

SeanVol

Resident Idiot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

jacobp said:

Has anyone else here been banned from Hogville.net for no apparent reason? I made only ten posts on the site, none derogatory, but couldn't sign on today because I had been banned from their forums. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Your not the only one! http://www.sectalk.c...gville-net.html

woo_pig_sooie

woo_pig_sooie
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That place sucks! Those guys sit around and just wait to bash Nutt for anything. It seems every thread is hijacked into a Nutt hating thread.

Smithian

Smithian
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think most Hogville.net posters will agree MMQB has gone to hell.

The basketball, baseball, and recruiting forums surpass any of their type on any other Razorback fansite.

Also, I think some of the Hogville mods are also on here. You should look for their user name and send them a PM asking why you were banned.

Also, how long ago did you last post on Hogville? Every once in a while they go and delte accounts that have been inactive for a period of time.
One National Championship, Six Final Four Appearances, Nine Appearances in the Elite Eight, 14 Appearances in the Sweet 16, 27 NCAA Tournament Bids, 39 NCAA Tournament Victories, 24 Postseason Tournament Appearances since 1977, 92 First-Team All-Conference Selections

Arkansas Basketball. Tradition Speaks for Itself.

"The days of max-protect-zone blocking-we-don't-want-to-try-squat-cause-we-might-make-a-mistake ARE OVER." - Mike Irwin, Channel Five News

iacolb12

iacolb12
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You're not the only one to make such a claim. I've seen at least three people make the same comments.

Hogville is crap.:angry:
On 11-05-08,

nellanaesp said:

...SC Will be at the top of the SEC next year. Quote me on that.

HOG02

HOG02
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I post their too.  Haven't been banned yet, but I really only post in the baseball forum.  MMQB is out of hand.  I read it every now and then, but for the most part it's not worth reading.

Smithian

Smithian
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
HOG, recruiting forum is the best of any recruiting board on the internet. They even had a volunteer who contacted recruits and now has been hired by the Arkansas Democrat Gazette.

Basketball and baseball boards are awesome as your alluded too.
One National Championship, Six Final Four Appearances, Nine Appearances in the Elite Eight, 14 Appearances in the Sweet 16, 27 NCAA Tournament Bids, 39 NCAA Tournament Victories, 24 Postseason Tournament Appearances since 1977, 92 First-Team All-Conference Selections

"The days of max-protect-zone blocking-we-don't-want-to-try-squat-cause-we-might-make-a-mistake ARE OVER." - Mike Irwin, Channel Five News

HOG02

HOG02
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have seen the recruiting forum, but I don't really put that much stock into recruiting.  Half the guys we sign never see the field anyway.  It's entirely too difficult to guess what a high school player will do in college.  But I do love talking some baseball.

iacolb12

iacolb12
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

HOG02 said:

I have seen the recruiting forum, but I don't really put that much stock into recruiting.  Half the guys we sign never see the field anyway.  It's entirely too difficult to guess what a high school player will do in college.  But I do love talking some baseball.

Mustain. :thumbsdow
On 11-05-08,

nellanaesp said:

...SC Will be at the top of the SEC next year. Quote me on that.

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well,I'm still banned. I'm not too worried about it though, they don't seem to tolerate anyone on that site that doesn't absolutely hate Houston Nutt.

HeavyweightHog

HeavyweightHog
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
After less than a day on that board. I didn't do or say anything derrogatory either. I did take a position contrary to what most other posters, but dang I thought that was what these boards were for.

Smithian

Smithian
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Once again, you're better off staying away from MMQB. Atleast I do.

HeavyweightHog

HeavyweightHog
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I can't get back on, and I can't even contact anyone to find out why I was banned.

the Prodigy

the Prodigy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
See links below....

Hogville is about to go under in my opinion.  They have made too many enemies in the internet world of Hog sports.  I swear, Arkansas Razorback message boards are worse than the clans of Scotland.  Anyway, Hogville's numbers are dwindling, one of the main reason that Hogville is so populated is that they never delete accounts, they just ban people.  I only know this following peice of info because I know a former moderator on that site - nearly 25% of all members on hogville are duplicate accounts; and only 2% of members have actually posted.  Nearly 17% of members on hogville have no posting priveleges.  That means they did something to piss someone else off enough to get banned.

Yeah, stay away from hogville.  There a lot of better boards out there for hog fans.

A site that is set to begin August 13th is Razorbacksmack.com, which is actually not a message board, it is a trash talk board with a forum set up for each game on Arkansas' schedule and debate type exchanges set up.  You can challenge another poster in an argument, if they choose to accept you will each get a set number of chances to make your point and others will vote on a winner.  It is a pretty cool concept, we are in the process of contacting other boards about the idea, we are not trying to steal members from other boards, this is more an endeavor to untie all of them.  Like I said, it is not a discussion board, it is a place where you can actually say what you want to say without fear of getting banned, and talk trash with all the fans of teams Arkansas plays in the upcoming season.
Bustin' chops
Posted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the Prodigy

the Prodigy
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Smithian said:

HOG, recruiting forum is the best of any recruiting board on the internet. They even had a volunteer who contacted recruits and now has been hired by the Arkansas Democrat Gazette.

Basketball and baseball boards are awesome as your alluded too.

While you make a point about the recruiting board, a board becomes more about the other posters than the various services that board provides, eventually.  And there are few people on that board that are worth the time it takes to read their comments.
Bustin' chops
Posted Image[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]