Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Broussard quits the LSU football team.

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

GTTiger

GTTiger
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
According to LSU Tigers Football -- TigerBait.com

Broussard has left the LSU football team, but will stay in school and graduate.  Evidently he wasn't able to fully recover from his injury a couple seasons ago.  I personally don't mind, since I thought Williams was the key to LSU's running game this year, but I would have liked to see Broussard return to his 2004 form.

Good Luck Broussard =P

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GTTiger said:

According to LSU Tigers Football -- TigerBait.com

Broussard has left the LSU football team, but will stay in school and graduate.  Evidently he wasn't able to fully recover from his injury a couple seasons ago.  I personally don't mind, since I thought Williams was the key to LSU's running game this year, but I would have liked to see Broussard return to his 2004 form.

Good Luck Broussard =P

I saw the ESPN article of this story. It's sort of odd that he said he left because his "heart wasn't in it anymore". I wonder if there is more to this. I guess we will never know. He had his moments at LSU, though. Best of luck to Broussard.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

4-0 (1-0)

Next Game: @ Ole Miss Rebels

Vaught-Hemingway Stadium

Oxford, Mississippi

LedCock

LedCock
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Wasn't he gonna quit or transfer a few months back then decided to stay on the team?

The Ramp

The Ramp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
there are all sorts of rumors here in tigerland. none of them good for alley
Posted Image
BamaPerry: No trophy for Miles. Not this year, not ever.

crawfish

crawfish
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Broussard has really struggled with coming back from his injury.  I don't think it was any more than that.  He was fun to watch literally "running over" defensive players  when he was at his best.  The guy was brutal.  GT is right though, we'll be just fine at the RB position with Williams, but you can also add Hester, Scott and Murphy.  We're not kidding and time will prove that LSU is loaded with massive talent at the RB position.

Posted Image

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

Super Moderator (Best Poster 2007)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It was also announced tonight on the 10 o'clock news in Baton Rouge.  I think it might be a combination of things.  He probably never felt fully recovered from his injury.  The competition he is facing against Keiland Williams, Richard Murphy, and Charles Scott is almost insurmountable.  And I have sensed that he and Miles have never hit it off too well (but that's just my hunch; nothing substantial to back it up).

Crawfish is right; Alley was a bruising runner when he was at his peak.  I always liked him and I thought he might be one of our best, but I guess things change.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Night Time is the Right Time

Smithian

Smithian
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I heard he'd rather be a fourth stringer at Arkansas.
One National Championship, Six Final Four Appearances, Nine Appearances in the Elite Eight, 14 Appearances in the Sweet 16, 27 NCAA Tournament Bids, 39 NCAA Tournament Victories, 24 Postseason Tournament Appearances since 1977, 92 First-Team All-Conference Selections

Arkansas Basketball. Tradition Speaks for Itself.

"The days of max-protect-zone blocking-we-don't-want-to-try-squat-cause-we-might-make-a-mistake ARE OVER." - Mike Irwin, Channel Five News

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Tough to see a guy leave football beacause of a injury. I wish him the best of luck.

Posted Image

AU Blaaaaaaaake

AU Blaaaaaaaake
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Damn its gonna be a lot harder for GeauxTo to hype LSU RB's now.

Posted Image

palmettocock

palmettocock
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He missed Nick Saban
formerly cockinorlando

"Football is the game of the future in college life"-Bill Little, 1892

GTTiger

GTTiger
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

AU Blaaaaaaaake said:

Damn its gonna be a lot harder for GeauxTo to hype LSU RB's now.

Broussard only had 278 yards rushing all last season and LSU still managed to have the #2 rushing team in the SEC.