1970's NCAA - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

1970's NCAA

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

Hog Wash

Hog Wash
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I couldn't find an "NCAA" forum here so pardon me if this is off-topic. If a mod wants to delete/move, that's fine. Does anyone know any good resources, be it books or internet sites that list the best players on all the NCAA teams in the 1970's through today? I'm trying to research the history of college football and need some help. Thanks!

Bama Possum

Bama Possum
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope you realize the NCAA covers all Div. I-A, I-AA, II-A, and III-A schools.

You are talking about thousands upon thousands of names when you say NCAA. If you simply want to know the best players, you would be better off looking at All-Americans, Heisman candidates, and other award winners.

There are dozens of sites where you can find that information. Walter Camp has all the All-American teams. The Heisman site has all that information, and almost every college has a website that includes their award winning players.

As far as the history of college football, ESPN put out a huge book a while back on college football. The resources for this kind of thing are humungous. You could dedicate a large portion of your life just to researching that last 37 years.

Hog Wash

Hog Wash
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Bama Possum said:

As far as the history of college football, ESPN put out a huge book a while back on college football. The resources for this kind of thing are humungous. You could dedicate a large portion of your life just to researching that last 37 years.

I was specifically talking about DI-A schools, as I know the likes of Delaware, Montana, etc. play DI-AA. I'm specifically trying to find the games 50 best recruits each season or so, so I will try to find that book. I could probably just go to drafthistory.com and look up players that way, though.

I wasn't planning on wasting my next 37 years on reading research. I'll end up wasting my next 37 years some other way :D