Mike V, Famed Live Bengal Tiger Mascot, Dies at 17 - Site News - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Mike V, Famed Live Bengal Tiger Mascot, Dies at 17

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

Super Moderator (Best Poster 2007)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
(05/18/2007)

BATON ROUGE -- Mike V, LSU's live Bengal Tiger mascot, died early Friday morning, the University announced. Born Oct. 19, 1989, Mike V has been the symbol of LSU Athletics since he began his reign on April 30, 1990.   MORE >>

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Night Time is the Right Time

ConwayGamecock

ConwayGamecock

Your Ad Here

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is obviously portentous of bad tidings approaching the Louisianna State football season......

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

lacene said:

This is obviously portentous of bad tidings approaching the Louisianna State football season......

You wish.
It will probably work just the opposite, as in, "Win this one for the spirit of Mike V."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

crawfish

crawfish
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hate to hear that.  He was a "true LSU Tiger"!!!!!  

LSU Live Mascot Tenures
Mike I 1936-56
Mike II 1956-58
Mike III 1958-76
Mike IV 1976-90
Mike V 1990-2007

Source: Mikethetiger.com

Posted Image

The Ramp

The Ramp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
when LSU first introduced him to his cage, he was just a kit and they let the public pet him. I was walking to class, saw the line and newscrew, and decided to go over there. i ended up on TV petting Mike. they put him in his cage and that was the last time he had human contact. i thought we had a moment:sad:

shanksta13

shanksta13
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well, I guess LSU is officially doomed and the Bama fans were right after all.  I now predict some really bad things for LSU this year.  No Mike = No Mojo.  Gators run all over the Bengals in the Bayou... :laugh:

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

shanksta13 said:

Well, I guess LSU is officially doomed and the Bama fans were right after all. I now predict some really bad things for LSU this year. No Mike = No Mojo. Gators run all over the Bengals in the Bayou... :laugh:

Here ya geaux...

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shanksta13

shanksta13
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GeauxTo said:

Here ya geaux...

Posted Image

You gotta copy of that saved up for yourself right?  Cause I want to get it autographed by you when I come in town to witness the azz-kicking we're gonna put on you guys.  :laugh:

The Ramp

The Ramp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

shanksta13 said:

You gotta copy of that saved up for yourself right?  Cause I want to get it autographed by you when I come in town to witness the azz-kicking we're gonna put on you guys.  :laugh:

dipping into the the bamaperry school of wishful thinking logic?

shanksta13

shanksta13
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The Ramp said:

dipping into the the bamaperry school of wishful thinking logic?

Haha nooooo... just doing some friendly trash talking with my buddy Geaux.  He knows it's all in good fun and that I expect one hell of a game when I get to Death Valley next year to watch my Gators take on your Tigers.

The Ramp

The Ramp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

shanksta13 said:

Haha nooooo... just doing some friendly trash talking with my buddy Geaux.  He knows it's all in good fun and that I expect one hell of a game when I get to Death Valley next year to watch my Gators take on your Tigers.

cool beans! swing by Geranium Street for some Grilled Boudin and some Abita on tap. I'm spitting distance to the stadium.

shanksta13

shanksta13
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The Ramp said:

cool beans! swing by Geranium Street for some Grilled Boudin and some Abita on tap. I'm spitting distance to the stadium.

Yep, my cousin is about 5 blocks away, and I have another cousin that has a house off of Highland.  I have a bunch of friends staying in a dorm about a block away from the stadium.  I have another friend that runs a pretty decent tailgate that I'll probably hit up sometime Saturday.  But yeah, if I get the chance I'll stop by and give you a shout.

The Ramp

The Ramp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

shanksta13 said:

Yep, my cousin is about 5 blocks away, and I have another cousin that has a house off of Highland.  I have a bunch of friends staying in a dorm about a block away from the stadium.  I have another friend that runs a pretty decent tailgate that I'll probably hit up sometime Saturday.  But yeah, if I get the chance I'll stop by and give you a shout.

i usually start off at my house and then wander over to HATT (Half Ass Tiger Tailgating) at CEBA hall. those guys party pretty hard

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted today by LSU Chancellor Sean O’Keefe...

Today, a day of great celebration as LSU marks its 262nd commencement, is also a day tinged with sadness as we announce the passing of Mike V, Louisiana State University's mascot of 17 years.

Mike V was donated to LSU by Dr. Thomas and Caroline Atchison of the Animal Zoological Park in Moulton, Alabama. He was introduced to LSU fans as a cub at a 1990 LSU basketball game against the University of Alabama. Our cub was a big hit, and the Tigers went on to defeat the Crimson Tide.

Being hand-raised seemed to have a positive effect on Mike V's disposition; of all the tigers that served as LSU's mascot, he had been described as the easiest to handle, with a calm and friendly disposition.

Mike V lived his last years in great comfort, thanks to the support of thousands of LSU fans worldwide who contributed to the 2001 "I Like Mike" campaign to improve his habitat. Mike V also received the finest care over the years, led by Dr. David Baker and the staff, faculty, and students at the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine.

For nearly two decades, Mike's stately demeanor and mighty roar thrilled thousands of fans, young and old alike, as he represented the majestic spirit of LSU. He will be remembered fondly and greatly missed.  

Sean O’Keefe, Chancellor

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Ramp

The Ramp
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
since i let my dog (catahoula) poop on the soccer fields every day at LSU, i decided to introduce him to Mike one day. i brought him by the cage while mike was pacing on the other side. my dog smelled him but couldn't see mike. my dog started acting tough by growling. when mike made his way to us, i looked down and i was holding an empty leash. my dog slipped out of his collar and took off without me even noticing. he was at the PMAC befoe i even noticed. my brave puppy! LOL