LSU's Broussard making move to get out of Coaches' doghouse - LSU Sports - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

LSU's Broussard making move to get out of Coaches' doghouse

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

crawfish

crawfish
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
BATON ROUGE -- Alley Broussard may not be the most popular guy with the LSU football coaches, but he is the man with his teammates.  Broussard, a fifth-year senior tailback from Acadiana High in Lafayette, practiced for the second consecutive day Tuesday after missing the first week of spring drills because of a suspension for an unspecified team rules violation.

"He just brings joy to the team," said tailback Keiland Williams, who will be a sophomore next season and is expected to either be the starter or a major contributor. "He's a great guy. He's a great guy just to be around."  Williams was recently talking about Broussard with fellow tailback Charles Scott, who came to LSU last season with Williams.  "Charles made a comment that it wasn't the same without Alley," Williams said.

Broussard was the Tigers' featured back as a sophomore in 2004, but he had a knee injury before the 2005 season and has battled weight and disciplinary problems ever since. Even before suspending Broussard, LSU coach Les Miles said as spring practice opened last month that Broussard was not in the picture at the moment for a playing role at tailback.

The last two days Broussard has had to watch Williams, Jacob Hester, Charles Scott and Richard Murphy get most of the tailback carries in practice. But on Tuesday, Broussard did get some limited action and looked energetic.  "He had a couple carries today, ran up in there hard. He looked good," LSU coach Les Miles said, but he chose not to elaborate and changed the subject.  "The weather's been spectacular. I don't know if you guys noticed," Miles said.

TAILBACK BETTER OVERALL: Miles later said he feels much more comfortable at the tailback position with the development of Williams, Scott and Murphy, who were all freshman last season.  "We're much better prepared to start the season at that spot than we were a year ago," he said.  Last August, then-senior Justin Vincent and Broussard were both coming off knee injuries and had missed spring practice. Scott began August practices with the team, but Williams and Murphy did not begin practicing until shortly before the season opener because of delayed academic qualifying.  "We had a bunch of green backs," Miles said. "Those green backs are maturing."

Attached Files

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

Super Moderator (Best Poster 2007)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm really glad to see Broussard getting back into the mix.

Keiland Williams is probably the most likely starter at this point, but I'm hearing that Richard Murphy is unbelievable.  And Charles Scott is no slouch.  Alley has his work cut out for him.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Night Time is the Right Time

crawfish

crawfish
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

GeauxTo said:

but I'm hearing that Richard Murphy is unbelievable.

My son played against Murphy in high school.  The guy is the real deal!   A man among boys.  Speed. . .speed. . . speed!  I can't wait to see what he can do on the next level.:thumbs:

GeauxTo

GeauxTo

Super Moderator (Best Poster 2007)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

crawfish said:

My son played against Murphy in high school. The guy is the real deal! A man among boys. Speed. . .speed. . . speed! I can't wait to see what he can do on the next level.:thumbs:

Whew!  That sounds good!  I'll be going to the spring game, so I'll get a peek at him in action.  They won't let anyone but media people attend the practices, so I can't really see anything right now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Night Time is the Right Time