Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

How do we fix baseball?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Quit playing it for one year. Go on strike against high salaries.  Shorten the season when you restart it. Any tickets not sold by two days before the game goes to the orphanage and or poor kids.

The Cowboy

The Cowboy

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 05 September 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

It is/was known as Americas game but I believe its to late Americans don't have time for it. The pace of life has ran off and left baseball... nobody reads the paper or watches news we've got twitter Even the length of movies have changed in recent years..

You're dead on. Nobody has time to watch a 3.5 hour game much less 160 of them.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Cowboy, on 05 September 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

You're dead on. Nobody has time to watch a 3.5 hour game much less 160 of them.

I'll tell you another one and I'm guilty of this myself. I DVR almost every show I wanna watch so the next day I can watch in half the time by skipping commercials. Even UFC has pretty much replaced boxing america doesn't even have time for 12 three minute rounds haha.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

2016 SEC Champs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That's a good point.  I mostly keep up with the Reds by watching 3 outs on the treadmill at the gym.  I may flip it on at the house after if it's a good one

Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 05 September 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

I'll tell you another one and I'm guilty of this myself. I DVR almost every show I wanna watch so the next day I can watch in half the time by skipping commercials. Even UFC has pretty much replaced boxing america doesn't even have time for 12 three minute rounds haha.

And that's a shame. Because boxing is such a beautiful sport. MMA is garbage to me. I cant get into it. It may be too fast. If you could have a 20 min fighting match that'd be perfect. Just like if mlb could get their time down to 2:30 hours like college did. They could speed it up easily by having a click between pitches. Pitching changes in the later innings is what really slows it down

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 05 September 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

And that's a shame. Because boxing is such a beautiful sport. MMA is garbage to me. I cant get into it. It may be too fast. If you could have a 20 min fighting match that'd be perfect. Just like if mlb could get their time down to 2:30 hours like college did. They could speed it up easily by having a click between pitches. Pitching changes in the later innings is what really slows it down

I think it sucks compared to boxing too. They need to get rid of the rear choke it ends to many good fights but yeah mostly it sucks. HBO has some pretty good boxing sometimes that kid Chris Algerri (so)? is about to get beat down by Manny...he has no businesses in that fight.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 05 September 2014 - 12:56 PM, said:

I think it sucks compared to boxing too. They need to get rid of the rear choke it ends to many good fights but yeah mostly it sucks. HBO has some pretty good boxing sometimes that kid Chris Algerri (so)? is about to get beat down by Manny...he has no businesses in that fight.

Idk. He's earned the opportunity IMO. But I don't think he's half the fighter manny is. Or was. Not sure the current manny could go 3 rounds with the manny 4 years ago

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

2016 SEC Champs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Boxing > MMA

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 05 September 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Idk. He's earned the opportunity IMO. But I don't think he's half the fighter manny is. Or was. Not sure the current manny could go 3 rounds with the manny 4 years ago

I don't think Manny could either but have you seen this Chris guy? I still don't think he'll last long with today's Manny. I tell ya though the Russians are taking over in almost every division there are one or two good Russian fighters moving up. Those guys are brawlers too they wanna fight in a phone booth and rough you up...take away that speed and win with power punches.

ROLL TIDE!!

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 05 September 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:

It was. Everyone points to the strikes as what killed baseball's momentum. For myself at least, up to that point MLB was the best pro league and the NBA and NFL weren't even a close second. But after that the Sosa/McGwire season was still incredible.  Someone said it in here earlier but there aren't any larger than life heroes in there anymore. Jeter's done. A-Rod lol.  LAD has Kershaw. LAA has Pujols who's meh now. StL....Carpenter?  Wainwright? So even the big clubs don't have any rock stars.
I think Pujols could have been that larger than life hero had he stayed in St. Louis. As for who it would be if it had to be someone from the Cards, it's definitely Yadi.

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 05 September 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

I think Pujols could have been that larger than life hero had he stayed in St. Louis. As for who it would be if it had to be someone from the Cards, it's definitely Yadi.

It would have been interesting to see if Freese hadn't dropped off last year.  When I was there in 2012 it seemed like every chick in St. Louis had a Freese jersey/shirt.
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOmahaBound, on 05 September 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

It would have been interesting to see if Freese hadn't dropped off last year.  When I was there in 2012 it seemed like every chick in St. Louis had a Freese jersey/shirt.
The girls loved him because he's the prettyboy, hometown hero, and because of his 2011 heroics.

BOOM

BOOM
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't see how anyone could watch Luckswing outside of the post-season.