Week 2: Nicholls State at Arkansas - Page 5 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 5

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Week 2: Nicholls State at Arkansas

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Nicholls State at Arkansas (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win?

1. Nicholls State (in an upset) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Arkansas (by 28 points or less) (7 votes [46.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

3. Arkansas (by more than 28 points) (8 votes [53.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postrwspear, on 06 September 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

oh hey,

another misinformed post by smokes proving his ignorance.

nice of you to drop by. theres the door.

Which part was misinformed? Would it not be reasonable to say Arky was running up the score? Would not say that leaving starters in up by 63 is not just a bit classless? How about challenging a play up by 63? I understand its been years since yall found yourselves in that position but damn, act like you have been there before. The second half of that game was straight buh league.

But if you are ok with it, then who the hell am I to tell you different.

Posted Image

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 06 September 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Which part was misinformed? Would it not be reasonable to say Arky was running up the score? Would not say that leaving starters in up by 63 is not just a bit classless? How about challenging a play up by 63? I understand its been years since yall found yourselves in that position but damn, act like you have been there before. The second half of that game was straight buh league.

Running up the score?!? It was 56-0 at half. If we wanted to run up the score, we wouldn't have been putting in backup and 3rd string offensive and defensive lineman in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Truth be told, you see what you want to see. You see Collins still running the ball in the 3rd quarter (when he needs the work and we were two running backs down for this game). You see Austin Allen staying in (when we are trying to save the redshirt on our 3rd string QB) and think that we are leaving in our starters. We typically run 2-3 deep at each position and move them in and out in the Auburn game as well. But I guess you didn't see that part.

Fact is, you just want to have a reason to talk Posted Image but you don't know this team. I think that is what @rwspear meant by you being "misinformed". That was a nice way of saying, "you don't know what you are talking about" because I don't pretend to know UT the way you pretend to know Ark but if you could run the score up on an opponent, I wouldn't make MISINFORMED comments about it.

Also remember, this is a team that hasn't won a game in nearly a year AND laid an egg in the 2nd half at Auburn last week. A team that needs reminding that a game doesn't end at halftime, you have to finish the game and finish strong.

But, you have your opinion, you are allowed to be wrong. That is your right.

Have a great day. Enjoy reality next week. :D

rwspear

rwspear

game recognize game and you lookin kinda unfamiliar right now

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 06 September 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

lets be honest: you tuned in for 36 seconds, saw the challenge, and dubbed yourself a knowledgeable spectator. comically ignorant, you saw a team up 63-0 and made assumptions.

we scored 56 points in the first half. we scored 17 points in the second half. we had guys playing that werent on the 3-deep. we started our 'starters' in the second half to simulate the rhythm of a 'real' game, and then they were pulled one drive into the second half.

our RS FRESHMEN BACKUP QB threw the ball all of 9 times in the second half for 70 yards. THAT IS DEFINITELY running up the score.

we ran dives, off-tackles, and pitches to our TRUE FRESHMEN behind our OLINE FULL OF FRESHMEN, with a RS FRESHMEN QB. they went for touchdowns. THAT IS DEFINITELY running up the score.

wtf are we supposed to do? throw jerseys to people in the stands and tell them not to score because some Tenner ignoramus finds it offensive?

should i applaud the classy program of Tenner that only beat Arkansas State by 15 out of respect and kindness and empathy for ASU's emotions and feelings?

are you still a little sore from the 49-7 beatdown we handed your 2nd class program back in 2011?

as usual, you dont know wtf youre talking about.

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postrwspear, on 06 September 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

wtf are we supposed to do? throw jerseys to people in the stands and tell them not to score because some Tenner ignoramus finds it offensive?

If they did this I would be SO MAD that I wasn't there to say I suited up for the Razorbacks for a half!!

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
No, preparation and game learning be damned, we should have made BAllen sit the entire second half. Redshirt on Peavey? No, phuck that shiz we have to look out for the other team's feelings. I'll admit I don't understand the challenge but whatever.

Edited by ARfanNmem, 06 September 2014 - 09:03 PM.

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We ran it up. I'm glad. Go Posted Image yourself.

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Looking ahead to T Tech does this game help because of the confidence boost? Or just a push because the competition was so poor?

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It helped in terms of getting guys some PT who won't see the field again the rest of the season. But it's always good to get a confidence-building blowout after a ten-game slump.

TT looked less than stellar these past two weeks. We better Posted Imagestomp them. I'm gonna be pissed if they're within 2 TDs by the final horn.

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSquealliam Fatner, on 07 September 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

It helped in terms of getting guys some PT who won't see the field again the rest of the season. But it's always good to get a confidence-building blowout after a ten-game slump.

TT looked less than stellar these past two weeks. We better Posted Imagestomp them. I'm gonna be pissed if they're within 2 TDs by the final horn.

TT offense vs our secondary is a terrible, terrible matchup for us. Gotta hope their O/D line sux and we can get enough pressure to get them out of rythmn.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Anybody notice the Aggies score,or the Clemson score.Since we suck,I guess we aren't allowed to kick someone's ass.

Porcine

Porcine
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostARfanNmem, on 07 September 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

TT offense vs our secondary is a terrible, terrible matchup for us. Gotta hope their O/D line sux and we can get enough pressure to get them out of rythmn.
Passing is the only thing they are good at. Everything else had to be retooled.
HelmMap.gif