Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

FR's post-game thoughts, Boise edition

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well now, "interesting" is certainly one adjective that could be used to describe last night's game. A multitude of descriptions crossed through my mind, but I digress. On to business.

1. ( :trollface: )  <---- This pic is best used to sum up Bo Wallace and Hugh Freeze's respective play and play-calling, in my humble opinion for 3/4 of the game. Never in all of my born days would I ever have expected the cluster :lanekiffin: that was quarters 1-3 nor have I ever seen anything quite like that. Cheers to the GA Dome for selling beer, it helped, although them cutting us off at halftime sucked. I was pleased to see that Mr. Treadwell and company led the offensive resurgence in the 4th quarter.

2. Offensive line play; where to begin describing them? Outside of Tunsil (even with his couple of false starts), o-line play was terrible. Other terms that come to mind are: barbaric, heinous, scandalous, macabre, and monstrous. Towards the end, 4/5 got better, but LG Aaron Morris is beyond description. Why in the ruddy :lanekiffin: Matt Luke did not pull him is totally beyond my comprehension. I could perhaps understand 1 false start, got p***ed when he got two, and by the time he got to four, my voice was lost. As noted, improvement was seen towards the end of the 3rd and throughout the fourth. One hopes it was only first game jitters, but I am the eternal pessimist about o-linemen, as many on here already know. This area needs ten tons of improvement. Thank the football gods that we have another 3 games to work out these problems before facing Bama.

3. Hats off to the Rebel Defense, and DC Dave Wommack. In week one, they already looked to be in mid-season form. It should be noted that this is without two of our better players as well, as LB  Denzel Nkemdiche will return against Vandy, as will LB Bird Bryant, who was ejected due to the NCAA's bullPosted Image "targeting" rule.

4. The "Targeting" Rule: the "targeting rule" is absolute :lanekiffin: ing bullPosted Image. For those reading this, I hope that your team does not have to endure this bullPosted Image this year, but you probably will. :lanekiffin: Mark Emmert. May he go bankrupt and lose all of his assets. May he have nothing but the absolute worst of luck throughout the rest of his life. :lanekiffin: his ties to LSUx, and once again, may that sorry son of a ***** rot in hell. This is what the NCAA gets for following the National Flag Football Association's lead, which is totally Posted Image-tastic penalties that literally kill any momentum in a game when calls must be reviewed.

5. Crowd: For a Thursday night, last night's crowd was ok, but admittedly could have been better. Had this game not been when it was, more Rebel fans would have been in attendance, without question. IIRC, this was the first week of school for UM, and students cannot miss any classes this first week, otherwise they run the risk of being dropped from their classes. Considering how much tuition has risen, it would appear that a good number of students opted to stay at home, rather than run the risk of being dropped from their classes.

6. WR and TE play was excellent. Hats off to them as well, especially to Mr. Core. I had heard rumblings that he might have a good year, but I certainly didn't expect his excellent performance last night.

7. RB's and DB's: Without much blocking, a little over 50 yards was gained on the ground. We simply must improve on the o-line to give our talented RB's some space in which to run. If the big uglies up front don't block, what we got on the ground is what we will get every game. That cannot be the case. Our DB's did a tremendous job last night. Absolutely magnificient. Mr. Prewitt was the defensive MVP in my opinion, with eight tackles and an INT. Tony Connor also continues to impress.

8. Special Teams: ST was an area of concern for me heading into the season. I was pleasantly surprised last night, as I had figured P Will Gleeson would be decent, as he is an Aussie, but he far exceeded expectations. All other ST and ST coverage was great.

(8) Ole Miss Rebels  8-2.  (4-2)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

FIRE MATT LUKE!!!!

Formerly known as FCNDawg

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Excellent breakdown FR. Bo made typical Bo mistakes, but I think he wouldn't have forced the pass nearly as much if he wasn't 1.) running for his life 2.) having to operate from 1st and 15/2nd and 20 half the night.

Also, WTF Georgia Dome/NFL. When it's half way through the third quarter, why would you should down all alcohol sales? When a game like that is being played The Doctor needs his whiskey. They saved me 50 bucks, but they lost 50 bucks in alcohol sales.

The biggest improvement games from week 1 to week 2, so if we don't beat Vandy by 50, we may be in for a bad season.
Formerly known as rebelfan91

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I feel Bo makes those mistakes when he is trying to put the team on his shoulders. He presses and sees people open that aren't and off his progression. He kept starting a series of downs first and fifteen and he was gonna save the day. That's not how it works. Also did y'all notice when we went to a silent count in the second half the off sides stopped? Our players pointed at Boise many times in the first half but we still got the penalty. No doubt they were mixing in the count to pull us off side. We need to be better than that but they should have been flagged for it somewhere for it during the game.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
**I won't be making the Vandy game, but I do expect us to once again take over Nashville.

**= Subject to change, as a friend has said he may be able to get a hold of tix for free, as apparently quite a few Vandy fans are giving their tix up.

(8) Ole Miss Rebels  8-2.  (4-2)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

FIRE MATT LUKE!!!!

Formerly known as FCNDawg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users