Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Southern Cal fake hero story?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not sure if y'all heard the story this week of Josh Shaw, DB for the Trojans.  Shaw claims to have been at a party where he was on a 2nd floor balcony when he noticed his young nephew who could not swim, fall into the pool.  Shaw claims it was instinct to jump from the balcony to go save his nephew and it was eaten up by various media outlets as the feel-good story of the pre-season...Shaw reportedly suffered ankle sprains to both feet in the process.  

Now, however, the validity of that version of events is being called into question and the real story that is gaining momentum by the minute is that Shaw wasn't even in Palmdale where the party was but was in LA fleeing the scene of a burglary.  

The funniest thing to me so far is when asked if Shaw would be available to the media, Coach Steve Sarkisian answered, "Josh won't be available until we find out," Sarkisian said. "I just don't want to put him in a situation of answering questions that we really don't have all the answers to." Um, wouldn't Shaw be the person you'd ask to get answers to these questions??  

Trojans gonna Trojan...stay tuned.
http://www.azcentral...swers/14636593/

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWayzUp, on 27 August 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Not sure if y'all heard the story this week of Josh Shaw, DB for the Trojans.  Shaw claims to have been at a party where he was on a 2nd floor balcony when he noticed his young nephew who could not swim, fall into the pool.  Shaw claims it was instinct to jump from the balcony to go save his nephew and it was eaten up by various media outlets as the feel-good story of the pre-season...Shaw reportedly suffered ankle sprains to both feet in the process.  

Now, however, the validity of that version of events is being called into question and the real story that is gaining momentum by the minute is that Shaw wasn't even in Palmdale where the party was but was in LA fleeing the scene of a burglary.  

The funniest thing to me so far is when asked if Shaw would be available to the media, Coach Steve Sarkisian answered, "Josh won't be available until we find out," Sarkisian said. "I just don't want to put him in a situation of answering questions that we really don't have all the answers to." Um, wouldn't Shaw be the person you'd ask to get answers to these questions??  

Trojans gonna Trojan...stay tuned.
http://www.azcentral...swers/14636593/

Is sarkisian kin to Mullens?
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I caught this story yesterday morning and thought to self: Self, that is a mighty fantastic story that just might not be true.  I had not heard the robery story but I'm not surprised.  I gave the HC a pass on that statement too even though Shaw is the one to ask because it is a difficult situation to have to deal with.  They can't just kick him off the team because they have zero depth, though if he truely was fleeing the scene of a robbery then he may be done anyway.

Posted Image

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Throw in domestic abuse and jumping from 3rd floor balcony to get away from LAPD.  Maybe he and Lennay Kekua got into an argument and he left out the balcony door instead so he could save his drowning nephew instead and the LAPD were just providing incentive to move faster.

http://247sports.com...s-fake-30585705

Edited by WayzUp, 27 August 2014 - 01:45 PM.

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yeah, it reeked of BS before the "it might not be true" thing came out.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I bet his britches were half way down his ass and caused him to get injured while doing his get away
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yep, been following this one for a few days; since the media labeled him a hero and pretty much everyone on the planet followed suit... and 2 days later, the facts start coming out.

I'm suddenly not too disappointed this kid transferred to USC.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The first story sounded very much like something a white guy would do.

The second story sounded very much like something a black guy would do.

Damn that was racist.

I'm joking.

:trollface:

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 5-1 (3-1)

Posted Image

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 27 August 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

I'm suddenly not too disappointed this kid transferred to USC.
Yea I bet...I didn't even know he was a transfer from UF till the 'possibly fake' stories started rolling out last night...It's almost as if, if the story were really true there would be no mention whatsoever that he ever went to Florida but now that the legitimacy is in question, it's mentioned that he transferred from Florida in every article about it!  Trojan diversion, activated!

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Shocking development...UF transfer Josh Shaw admits he made it all up...

http://www.foxsports...injuries-082714

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWayzUp, on 27 August 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Shocking development...UF transfer Josh Shaw admits he made it all up...

http://www.foxsports...injuries-082714

Doesn't look good for him if he is seeking legal counsel.

And in related news Foxsports still has the worst mobile site known to man

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I got a cat out of a tree for my neighbor.....#4 work good on cats.

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image
Formerly known as T-Bone

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
...and you'll finally see the truth, that a hero lies in you.  Dude just likes MC.

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=0IA3ZvCkRkQ

Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 27 August 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

I got a cat out of a tree for my neighbor.....#4 work good on cats.

I have never seen dead cat bones in trees.They'll figure it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users