Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

CNN Sucks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

United We Stand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
CNN is going to hurt themselves with all of these assumptions with the Michael Brown case. When did reporting become guessing, seeming, and reporting on rumors?  If this was journalism when I was in the business I would have been ashamed to call myself a reporter. The goal of CNN, Fox News, MSNBC or any other media company should be to cover any event, not feed the story. Truth should be what matters. At least that was what I was taught and my goal on every story I ever covered.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Mike brown seemed like a turd. But he at least dreamed of getting an education.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 25 August 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

Mike brown seemed like a turd. But he at least dreamed of getting an education.

Posted Image off
Posted Image

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 25 August 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

:lanekiffin: off

I don't know what I posted that deserved Posted Imageing or getting off.

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Pretty much every American news network sucks. No point in watching any of them.

Best way of going about it is watching BBCA News or just use the internet and just try to read the same news story on different websites and get as many facts as you can.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I heard they may have to use a different prosecution because the guys uncle, brother, and dad were cops. The kicker his dad was killed on a call by a black man....  I guess we missed a good chance to loot some Posted Image.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Pretty sure it's mainly about ratings, and I have a feeling this type of "journalism" is only gonna get worse. With social media they can instantly see what gets people talking and which coverage causes the stories to trend.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 25 August 2014 - 10:25 PM, said:

I don't know what I posted that deserved Posted Imageing or getting off.

Calling that kid a turd. Too soon, man
Posted Image

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTrueGCFan, on 25 August 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

CNN is going to hurt themselves with all of these assumptions with the Michael Brown case. When did reporting become guessing, seeming, and reporting on rumors?  If this was journalism when I was in the business I would have been ashamed to call myself a reporter. The goal of CNN, Fox News, MSNBC or any other media company should be to cover any event, not feed the story. Truth should be what matters. At least that was what I was taught and my goal on every story I ever covered.

Which facts or opinions are you referring to? The killing? Violation of freedom of speech and a initial peaceful assembly? Granted this young man was no saint and possibly should have handled the situation better. But let's not negate the fact that his killer was/is ill-equipped in every facet for a job of authority.

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 26 August 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

I heard they may have to use a different prosecution because the guys uncle, brother, and dad were cops. The kicker his dad was killed on a call by a black man....  I guess we missed a good chance to loot some Posted Image.

That sucks huh?

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This whole thing will be as ugly as the last one like it. Right or wrong I'm just tired of the entire mess. I wish they would colonize mars a lot sooner. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Edited by bbqit, 26 August 2014 - 05:34 AM.

Du-te la dracu 'LSU

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Listening to the radio  all i could hear was  white this and black that  TONS of race bating.    Maybe you deserve to be shot when you steal and assault an officer.
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
+ now ...mike brown is/was a handicap.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbulldawg28, on 26 August 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

Which facts or opinions are you referring to? The killing? Violation of freedom of speech and a initial peaceful assembly? Granted this young man was no saint and possibly should have handled the situation better. But let's not negate the fact that his killer was/is ill-equipped in every facet for a job of authority.
that gave them the right to burn and loot ??
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTrueGCFan, on 25 August 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

Al Jazeera is better than all the others IMO
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas