Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Muschamp's seat is on FIRE!!!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
After Season of Despair, All the Pressure Is on the Coach

By MARC TRACY   AUG. 23, 2014

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — It is so hot at football practice here in August that even the referees wear shorts.

Partly because of the sweltering weather, Florida Coach Will Muschamp, who is facing enormous pressure to succeed, was persuaded to move most camp workouts to early morning or late afternoon.

After all, health is a top priority in Gainesville this season given the experience of the last, when more than two dozen Gators were injured. Most significant, the team’s starting quarterback, Jeff Driskel, broke his right leg in the third game, and Florida finished 4-8, ending the season on a seven-game skid that included losses at home to Vanderbilt and Georgia Southern.

When Florida last had a record that poor — an 0-10-1 campaign in 1979 — Muschamp was an 8-year-old Gators die-hard living near Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, well before the future coach Steve Spurrier christened it the Swamp. For Muschamp, 43, this is his highest-stakes season yet. It is the fourth since he was hired to fix what his predecessor, Urban Meyer, who won two national championships with Florida, called a broken program.

Muschamp and Meyer are not exactly on friendly terms, but even Meyer could sympathize with Muschamp’s predicament.
“I wish them well,” Meyer, now Ohio State’s coach, said last month. “I hope they stay healthy.”

Muschamp may have one of the most enviable jobs in football, but he is also at the top of most everyone’s list of coaches on the hot seat — those likely to be fired should the season not go well. A savant on defense, he has coached that side of the ball at Auburn; under Nick Saban at Louisiana State and with the Miami Dolphins; and at Texas, which announced that he would eventually succeed Mack Brown as head coach. (Muschamp left for Florida before Brown stepped down.) He has all the tools for success and few excuses for going 4-8 again.

“If this offense doesn’t take major strides in 2014, not only will Florida not compete for an SEC title, but Muschamp could find himself out of work,” Athlon Sports wrote in its season preview.

On message boards, fans share similar sentiments with less politesse. At the Swamp restaurant near campus, a digital clock counts down to kickoff — 25 days 20 hours 52 minutes 10.4 seconds, it read recently — also ticking away how much time Muschamp has left to get it right.

While last season seemed to end on a forgiving note, with major programs like Michigan (Brady Hoke) and Nebraska (Bo Pelini) choosing to retain their embattled coaches, that is definitely not the norm around college football.

“I don’t think there’s an un-hot seat,” said Robert Boland, a sports management professor at New York University.

Part of the problem is that fans can point to the nearly instant success that Saban and Gus Malzahn achieved as coaches at Alabama and Auburn and to Pete Carroll’s speedy resuscitation of Southern California a decade ago. Higher revenues also raised the temperature of coaching seats, Boland said, with universities more willing to buy out contracts. (Muschamp’s salary is nearly $3 million a year, but if he is fired without cause, his contract will net him $2 million for each year afterward through the 2017 season.)

If a coach does not immediately flourish, he encounters a nagging paradox: The things he might do to win the next game are not always the same things he would do to build a sustainable program. Does he install a new offense that will take a year to jell? Start a promising but raw quarterback over a milquetoast veteran?

Jeremy Foley, Florida’s athletic director, denied there was a “magic number” of victories Muschamp needed to reach to keep his job. Instead, the Gators’ 2014 campaign, which includes tough games against Alabama and Louisiana State, will be a fascinating test case in balancing the competing imperatives of winning now and cultivating a sustainable program.

“Sometimes you hire a coach, and you win the press conference — everyone says that’s the greatest hire ever,” Foley said. “We’re not in the business of worrying about the press conference. We’re in the business of worrying where we’re going to be five years from now.”
Pointing out his office window toward campus, he added, “Nobody wants to hear that five-year timetable.”

MUSCHAMP HAS HIS own history of injuries, including the one he sustained last year when he punched a chalkboard during halftime of a 19-14 loss to South Carolina.

While playing left field for Darlington School in Rome, Ga. — where his father, Larry, a former high school football coach, was the lower school principal — he collided with the shortstop on a pop-up, fracturing his tibia and fibula. As a freshman walk-on at Georgia — on the team’s first day in pads, no less — he broke his collarbone. Afterward, his parents found him lying in his dorm, forlorn. His father told him: “It’s O.K. Something good will come of this.”

Larry Muschamp was right. Being sidelined for the year because of his collarbone gave Will Muschamp time to allow his leg to heal further. By his senior year, he was a Georgia captain.

Now, Muschamp enters his first season during which he cannot consult with his father, who died in May.

“You’d have a hard time finding anyone who didn’t like him,” Muschamp said of his father, who played football at North Carolina. “He said what was on his mind, but he had a certain way of saying it. Most people like that — like me — rub a lot of people the wrong way.”
Muschamp is the youngest of three boys, five years younger than the middle brother, Mike, who played at Duke and is a high school football coach in Atlanta. Muschamp’s oldest brother, Pat, played at Army and has a son who is being recruited by several Division I programs.

Mike Muschamp said Will picked fights with his older brothers as though he were their size. That fiery demeanor later earned Will Muschamp the nickname Coach Boom; his sideline chest-bumps with players have been known to bloody his face. But several people described a calmer individual, with people skills reminiscent of his father’s.

“Last year, when I was coming in as a freshman, he wasn’t yelling at me for stuff I was doing wrong; he was teaching me,” cornerback Vernon Hargreaves said. Now, Hargreaves added, “he knows I know the defense, so he can yell at me more.”

Dan Quinn, the Seattle Seahawks’ defensive coordinator, who worked under Muschamp for two seasons at Florida, said: “Will has a really unique ability to connect with coaches and players. There’s no doubt in my mind he’s going to have his team tight and close.”

THE CONSENSUS AUTOPSY of last season is that Florida lost many key players (above all, its quarterback) and that was the ballgame. Florida still had a top defense — eighth in the Football Bowl Subdivision in yards per game and 15th in points per game.

“Last year, I said the most important player in the SEC was Jeff Driskel,” said Gary Danielson, a lead college football analyst for CBS. “When he got hurt, you could see it being a disastrous season.”

But Muschamp had a slightly different take. “I think if you just blame it on injuries, you’re naïve,” he said.
The team, he added, “needed to be more desperate.”

In that context, it is hard not to notice that Florida actually won the game in which Driskel left or that the caliber of Florida’s offensive players has slipped during Muschamp’s tenure, with only four being picked in the last three N.F.L. drafts.
Whether the program used the time afforded by those injuries — the lost season, the off-season of reflection — to improve in a long-term manner, the way Muschamp did as a player at Georgia, will be seen in the coming weeks.
The biggest change Muschamp made was to his offense.

Looking around the Southeastern Conference, Muschamp saw more spread and fast-paced offenses. Dallas Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett, who was the quarterbacks coach for the Dolphins the year Muschamp was there, explained to Muschamp that it was advantageous for college quarterbacks to run more plays from the shotgun — that it let them see the plays and that it was what they were used to, from high school and endless summer seven-on-sevens.

Muschamp tapped Kurt Roper, previously Duke’s offensive coordinator, to install such a system.

“Speed and space,” Roper, who earned his stripes as a quarterback whisperer, his most famous charge being Eli Manning at Mississippi, told his passers at a recent meeting. “Speed and space.”

Roper’s goal is to get the ball into the hands of players who can make defenders miss in the open field. The outcome, it is hoped, will be explosive plays, defined as runs of 10 or more yards and passes of 16 or more. Perhaps the most-used word at the meeting was “bubble” — a type of screen play for a speedy receiver.

It helps that Roper’s offenses are relatively simple. A play designed to be a handoff, for example, will include one receiver running a route for a bubble screen and another running a hitch; if the quarterback sees a cornerback or a safety cheating toward the run, he will throw a pass to one of the receivers without even calling an audible. From there, it is speed and space.
THE DOOR TO Florida’s football office complex requires a key fob. A side door in Muschamp’s personal office, however, lacks such security and opens behind the desk of Foley, the athletic director.

Muschamp’s job may not be safe, but Foley’s is. He started as an intern in Florida’s athletics department in 1976 and became the A.D. in 1992. In addition to presiding over the football team’s three national titles, Foley has kept the accomplished basketball coach Billy Donovan in Gainesville while leading a department that excels in sports like volleyball, baseball and swimming.
Foley said he expected Muschamp to be Florida’s football coach for “a long, long time.”
“He’s a winner,” Foley said.

But Foley’s trigger finger has been prone to itchiness before: A decade ago, Ron Zook, who had been on Spurrier’s staff in the 1990s, was sent on his way after three underwhelming but winning seasons as head coach.

“I’ve been here long enough to know when things are totally going south,” Foley said. “You get a sense. You get a feel. I didn’t feel that a year ago, even though it wasn’t what we wanted, and I certainly don’t feel that way now.”

Muschamp said he valued the closeness of their relationship — the literal open-door policy, with Foley checking in every day.
“You’re graded on Saturday afternoon as a coach,” Muschamp said. “But when you see how far the program has come, from his standpoint, and then you also understand the circumstances we were under, that makes the decision he made make sense.”
Football has extremely small data sets for judging teams, though. Coaches might buy into Vince Lombardi’s dictum that teams make their own luck because to believe the alternative is too horrifying — admitting that they are substantially powerless. Still, wins remain the currency.

Those around Muschamp are aware of how precarious the situation could turn.

At the quarterbacks meeting, Roper spoke about his graduate assistant Matthew Symmes, who had come with him from Duke.
“Symmes has done more for me than I’ll ever be able to do for him,” Roper said.

There was an awkward pause and some laughter because Symmes, sitting at the end of the table, quietly compiling notes, clearly needs Roper to help him climb the coaching ladder.

But Roper quickly reminded those in attendance that they were all on the hot seat — not just Muschamp.
“Everyone in this room’s got to play good, or Symmes and I will be packing our bags and going down the road,” Roper said. “Wouldn’t be the first time, would it, Symmes?”

Even with that in mind, Muschamp is striving to balance the counter-motives: winning now versus winning in the future, doing everything you can while acknowledging there is only so much you can do.

“I’m really worried about pleasing Jeremy Foley, Bernie Machen”— Florida’s president — “my wife, my mom and my family,” Muschamp said, adding, “I spend zero time worrying about anything other than what I can control.”

http://www.nytimes.c...ref=sports&_r=1
Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 927
Newest Purchase: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

Gov. Gary Johnson for President in 2016

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

FAN

FAN

The Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Interesting article.

the caliber of Florida’s offensive players has slipped during Muschamp’s tenure, with only four being picked in the last three N.F.L. drafts.

Wow. How is that possible?.

I mean when you consider Florida has the best players in the nation right in their back yard and all these kids grew up watching Tebow, Leak, Percy Harvin, etc.

Florida's easily a top 5 job in the nation, probly top 3 even, so yeah Muschamp better have a good year or he gone.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Joker, on 23 August 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

After Season of Despair, All the Pressure Is on the Coach

By MARC TRACY   AUG. 23, 2014

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — It is so hot at football practice here in August that even the referees wear shorts.

Partly because of the sweltering weather, Florida Coach Will Muschamp, who is facing enormous pressure to succeed, was persuaded to move most camp workouts to early morning or late afternoon.

After all, health is a top priority in Gainesville this season given the experience of the last, when more than two dozen Gators were injured. Most significant, the team’s starting quarterback, Jeff Driskel, broke his right leg in the third game, and Florida finished 4-8, ending the season on a seven-game skid that included losses at home to Vanderbilt and Georgia Southern.

When Florida last had a record that poor — an 0-10-1 campaign in 1979 — Muschamp was an 8-year-old Gators die-hard living near Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, well before the future coach Steve Spurrier christened it the Swamp. For Muschamp, 43, this is his highest-stakes season yet. It is the fourth since he was hired to fix what his predecessor, Urban Meyer, who won two national championships with Florida, called a broken program.

Muschamp and Meyer are not exactly on friendly terms, but even Meyer could sympathize with Muschamp’s predicament.
“I wish them well,” Meyer, now Ohio State’s coach, said last month. “I hope they stay healthy.”

Muschamp may have one of the most enviable jobs in football, but he is also at the top of most everyone’s list of coaches on the hot seat — those likely to be fired should the season not go well. A savant on defense, he has coached that side of the ball at Auburn; under Nick Saban at Louisiana State and with the Miami Dolphins; and at Texas, which announced that he would eventually succeed Mack Brown as head coach. (Muschamp left for Florida before Brown stepped down.) He has all the tools for success and few excuses for going 4-8 again.

“If this offense doesn’t take major strides in 2014, not only will Florida not compete for an SEC title, but Muschamp could find himself out of work,” Athlon Sports wrote in its season preview.

On message boards, fans share similar sentiments with less politesse. At the Swamp restaurant near campus, a digital clock counts down to kickoff — 25 days 20 hours 52 minutes 10.4 seconds, it read recently — also ticking away how much time Muschamp has left to get it right.

While last season seemed to end on a forgiving note, with major programs like Michigan (Brady Hoke) and Nebraska (Bo Pelini) choosing to retain their embattled coaches, that is definitely not the norm around college football.

“I don’t think there’s an un-hot seat,” said Robert Boland, a sports management professor at New York University.

Part of the problem is that fans can point to the nearly instant success that Saban and Gus Malzahn achieved as coaches at Alabama and Auburn and to Pete Carroll’s speedy resuscitation of Southern California a decade ago. Higher revenues also raised the temperature of coaching seats, Boland said, with universities more willing to buy out contracts. (Muschamp’s salary is nearly $3 million a year, but if he is fired without cause, his contract will net him $2 million for each year afterward through the 2017 season.)

If a coach does not immediately flourish, he encounters a nagging paradox: The things he might do to win the next game are not always the same things he would do to build a sustainable program. Does he install a new offense that will take a year to jell? Start a promising but raw quarterback over a milquetoast veteran?

Jeremy Foley, Florida’s athletic director, denied there was a “magic number” of victories Muschamp needed to reach to keep his job. Instead, the Gators’ 2014 campaign, which includes tough games against Alabama and Louisiana State, will be a fascinating test case in balancing the competing imperatives of winning now and cultivating a sustainable program.

“Sometimes you hire a coach, and you win the press conference — everyone says that’s the greatest hire ever,” Foley said. “We’re not in the business of worrying about the press conference. We’re in the business of worrying where we’re going to be five years from now.”
Pointing out his office window toward campus, he added, “Nobody wants to hear that five-year timetable.”

MUSCHAMP HAS HIS own history of injuries, including the one he sustained last year when he punched a chalkboard during halftime of a 19-14 loss to South Carolina.

While playing left field for Darlington School in Rome, Ga. — where his father, Larry, a former high school football coach, was the lower school principal — he collided with the shortstop on a pop-up, fracturing his tibia and fibula. As a freshman walk-on at Georgia — on the team’s first day in pads, no less — he broke his collarbone. Afterward, his parents found him lying in his dorm, forlorn. His father told him: “It’s O.K. Something good will come of this.”

Larry Muschamp was right. Being sidelined for the year because of his collarbone gave Will Muschamp time to allow his leg to heal further. By his senior year, he was a Georgia captain.

Now, Muschamp enters his first season during which he cannot consult with his father, who died in May.

“You’d have a hard time finding anyone who didn’t like him,” Muschamp said of his father, who played football at North Carolina. “He said what was on his mind, but he had a certain way of saying it. Most people like that — like me — rub a lot of people the wrong way.”
Muschamp is the youngest of three boys, five years younger than the middle brother, Mike, who played at Duke and is a high school football coach in Atlanta. Muschamp’s oldest brother, Pat, played at Army and has a son who is being recruited by several Division I programs.

Mike Muschamp said Will picked fights with his older brothers as though he were their size. That fiery demeanor later earned Will Muschamp the nickname Coach Boom; his sideline chest-bumps with players have been known to bloody his face. But several people described a calmer individual, with people skills reminiscent of his father’s.

“Last year, when I was coming in as a freshman, he wasn’t yelling at me for stuff I was doing wrong; he was teaching me,” cornerback Vernon Hargreaves said. Now, Hargreaves added, “he knows I know the defense, so he can yell at me more.”

Dan Quinn, the Seattle Seahawks’ defensive coordinator, who worked under Muschamp for two seasons at Florida, said: “Will has a really unique ability to connect with coaches and players. There’s no doubt in my mind he’s going to have his team tight and close.”

THE CONSENSUS AUTOPSY of last season is that Florida lost many key players (above all, its quarterback) and that was the ballgame. Florida still had a top defense — eighth in the Football Bowl Subdivision in yards per game and 15th in points per game.

“Last year, I said the most important player in the SEC was Jeff Driskel,” said Gary Danielson, a lead college football analyst for CBS. “When he got hurt, you could see it being a disastrous season.”

But Muschamp had a slightly different take. “I think if you just blame it on injuries, you’re naïve,” he said.
The team, he added, “needed to be more desperate.”

In that context, it is hard not to notice that Florida actually won the game in which Driskel left or that the caliber of Florida’s offensive players has slipped during Muschamp’s tenure, with only four being picked in the last three N.F.L. drafts.
Whether the program used the time afforded by those injuries — the lost season, the off-season of reflection — to improve in a long-term manner, the way Muschamp did as a player at Georgia, will be seen in the coming weeks.
The biggest change Muschamp made was to his offense.

Looking around the Southeastern Conference, Muschamp saw more spread and fast-paced offenses. Dallas Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett, who was the quarterbacks coach for the Dolphins the year Muschamp was there, explained to Muschamp that it was advantageous for college quarterbacks to run more plays from the shotgun — that it let them see the plays and that it was what they were used to, from high school and endless summer seven-on-sevens.

Muschamp tapped Kurt Roper, previously Duke’s offensive coordinator, to install such a system.

“Speed and space,” Roper, who earned his stripes as a quarterback whisperer, his most famous charge being Eli Manning at Mississippi, told his passers at a recent meeting. “Speed and space.”

Roper’s goal is to get the ball into the hands of players who can make defenders miss in the open field. The outcome, it is hoped, will be explosive plays, defined as runs of 10 or more yards and passes of 16 or more. Perhaps the most-used word at the meeting was “bubble” — a type of screen play for a speedy receiver.

It helps that Roper’s offenses are relatively simple. A play designed to be a handoff, for example, will include one receiver running a route for a bubble screen and another running a hitch; if the quarterback sees a cornerback or a safety cheating toward the run, he will throw a pass to one of the receivers without even calling an audible. From there, it is speed and space.
THE DOOR TO Florida’s football office complex requires a key fob. A side door in Muschamp’s personal office, however, lacks such security and opens behind the desk of Foley, the athletic director.

Muschamp’s job may not be safe, but Foley’s is. He started as an intern in Florida’s athletics department in 1976 and became the A.D. in 1992. In addition to presiding over the football team’s three national titles, Foley has kept the accomplished basketball coach Billy Donovan in Gainesville while leading a department that excels in sports like volleyball, baseball and swimming.
Foley said he expected Muschamp to be Florida’s football coach for “a long, long time.”
“He’s a winner,” Foley said.

But Foley’s trigger finger has been prone to itchiness before: A decade ago, Ron Zook, who had been on Spurrier’s staff in the 1990s, was sent on his way after three underwhelming but winning seasons as head coach.

“I’ve been here long enough to know when things are totally going south,” Foley said. “You get a sense. You get a feel. I didn’t feel that a year ago, even though it wasn’t what we wanted, and I certainly don’t feel that way now.”

Muschamp said he valued the closeness of their relationship — the literal open-door policy, with Foley checking in every day.
“You’re graded on Saturday afternoon as a coach,” Muschamp said. “But when you see how far the program has come, from his standpoint, and then you also understand the circumstances we were under, that makes the decision he made make sense.”
Football has extremely small data sets for judging teams, though. Coaches might buy into Vince Lombardi’s dictum that teams make their own luck because to believe the alternative is too horrifying — admitting that they are substantially powerless. Still, wins remain the currency.

Those around Muschamp are aware of how precarious the situation could turn.

At the quarterbacks meeting, Roper spoke about his graduate assistant Matthew Symmes, who had come with him from Duke.
“Symmes has done more for me than I’ll ever be able to do for him,” Roper said.

There was an awkward pause and some laughter because Symmes, sitting at the end of the table, quietly compiling notes, clearly needs Roper to help him climb the coaching ladder.

But Roper quickly reminded those in attendance that they were all on the hot seat — not just Muschamp.
“Everyone in this room’s got to play good, or Symmes and I will be packing our bags and going down the road,” Roper said. “Wouldn’t be the first time, would it, Symmes?”

Even with that in mind, Muschamp is striving to balance the counter-motives: winning now versus winning in the future, doing everything you can while acknowledging there is only so much you can do.

“I’m really worried about pleasing Jeremy Foley, Bernie Machen”— Florida’s president — “my wife, my mom and my family,” Muschamp said, adding, “I spend zero time worrying about anything other than what I can control.”

http://www.nytimes.c...ref=sports&_r=1

Anyway to get a synopsis of this...

Didn't read but I'm guessing its...... UF sucks, Muschamp sucks

Sill holding out that it will work out where he is our next DC, chances are the timing will not be right though

Edited by GatorHater24, 23 August 2014 - 09:39 AM.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image   Wow, Earth-shattering revelations.

Sooo, either the author and the OP had to redecorate their bunker and have just emerged to learn the news, or they're simply plagiarizing the other 4,377 articles written on the topic.

In other late-breaking SEC news...

Missouri and Texas A&M officially join the SEC
Posted Image

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 23 August 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Posted Image   Wow, Earth-shattering revelations.

Sooo, either the author and the OP had to redecorate their bunker and have just emerged to learn the news, or they're simply plagiarizing the other 4,377 articles written on the topic.

In other late-breaking SEC news...

Missouri and Texas A&M officially join the SEC

Hey man,  even DeLorean's slow down over time too.
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Doesn't their AD still have 100% confidence in him? I'm really liking that guy, we sure he didn't come from UGA too?

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 23 August 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

Doesn't their AD still have 100% confidence in him? I'm really liking that guy, we sure he didn't come from UGA too?

Why would you like him? He's made a career out of spanking UGA in virtually every sport.

It's actually the opposite, too; your AD is a UGA graduate, but you guys hired him from UF, where he'd spent the previous 18 years learning from Foley... whether he ever measures up to his old boss remains to be seen.
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOmahaBound, on 23 August 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

Hey man,  even DeLorean's slow down over time too.

That's to be expected from a vehicle that runs on cocaine... dope gone, performance gone.
Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 23 August 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

Why would you like him? He's made a career out of spanking UGA in virtually every sport.

It's actually the opposite, too; your AD is a UGA graduate, but you guys hired him from UF, where he'd spent the previous 18 years learning from Foley... whether he ever measures up to his old boss remains to be seen.

He was just building your trust

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think muschamp is safe. fla will have a turn around year this year. They will probably be better than most predict. tenn has been easing forward for the last few years, while injuries to fla made them slide down hill like a avalanche. As a UGA fan, I sympathize with fla's injuries, as we felt the same repercussions last year too. But with that being said, they still lose the greatest game of the year. "Cocktail Party".

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Is Muschamp UF's GILLISPIE?!?!

I have a feeling we'll know in short order...and so will Foley.  If needed, the hook will be quick IMO.

Edited by SECats, 23 August 2014 - 05:13 PM.

2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBigdaddydog1, on 23 August 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

I think muschamp is safe. fla will have a turn around year this year. They will probably be better than most predict. tenn has been easing forward for the last few years, while injuries to fla made them slide down hill like a avalanche. As a UGA fan, I sympathize with fla's injuries, as we felt the same repercussions last year too. But with that being said, they still lose the greatest game of the year. "Cocktail Party".

Not so much actually

Haven't won more than 7 games since 07'..... and the 7 win year is the outlier

Edited by GatorHater24, 23 August 2014 - 05:54 PM.

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Is muschamp   chizik lite?
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 23 August 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

Not so much actually

Haven't won more than 7 games since 07'..... and the 7 win year is the outlier
well if he only wins 7. I say keep him around 3-4 more years until he settles in.  :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users