Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Calling any A/V nerds out there

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

WARDS

WARDS

Deeecent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Joker, on 22 August 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

JacobP,

I know my opinion may not amount to much, but I've dealt with A/V equipment for years and have now perfected my own home theatre.

As for your LG TV, take it back. LG's are sh!t from a quality standpoint and for the money, there are better TV's to be had. You may wanna stay away from Vizio as well. In the simpliest terms, they use whatever components are available to them (whatever is cheaper) at the time. What I mean by that is you could go to Best Buy and buy two (2) same model Vizios and more than likely, they will both have different components.  As for the quote below...

A 1080p LED/LCD TV is fully compatible with a 720p or 1080i signal. So regardless of the transmission by the provider, you should still get a video signal and not just the audio track. Even the tech specs on LG's website confirms this.

Posted Image

http://www.lg.com/us...42LN5300-led-tv

Take it back and get you a Sharp Quattron. They cost a little more, but are well worth it picture and quality wise.

Here's a fairly new review of the Sharp Quattron from Gizmodo.

http://gizmodo.com/s...clos-1589726376

An another....

http://www.techradar...-1212692/review

My set-up

60 inch Sharp Quattron
Sony BDP S360 Blu-ray Player
Sony STR-DH740 7.2 Channel 4K Receiver
Infinity (Various) Surround Sound speakers
Definitive Technology SuperCube 4000 Sub

showoff :trollface:

Edited by WARDS, 22 August 2014 - 08:24 AM.

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Joker, on 22 August 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

JacobP,

I know my opinion may not amount to much, but I've dealt with A/V equipment for years and have now perfected my own home theatre.

As for your LG TV, take it back. LG's are sh!t from a quality standpoint and for the money, there are better TV's to be had. You may wanna stay away from Vizio as well. In the simpliest terms, they use whatever components are available to them (whatever is cheaper) at the time. What I mean by that is you could go to Best Buy and buy two (2) same model Vizios and more than likely, they will both have different components.  As for the quote below...

A 1080p LED/LCD TV is fully compatible with a 720p or 1080i signal. So regardless of the transmission by the provider, you should still get a video signal and not just the audio track. Even the tech specs on LG's website confirms this.

Posted Image

http://www.lg.com/us...42LN5300-led-tv

Take it back and get you a Sharp Quattron. They cost a little more, but are well worth it picture and quality wise.

Here's a fairly new review of the Sharp Quattron from Gizmodo.

http://gizmodo.com/s...clos-1589726376

An another....

http://www.techradar...-1212692/review

My set-up

60 inch Sharp Quattron
Sony BDP S360 Blu-ray Player
Sony STR-DH740 7.2 Channel 4K Receiver
Infinity (Various) Surround Sound speakers
Definitive Technology SuperCube 4000 Sub
I have a 70 in Vizio downstairs that does everything I want it to and more. As for a home theater setup, that's what I had my projector installed for. Its perfect.
I just bought this tv because it was on sale for an excellent deal and I literally want it to do nothing but connect to an antenna and pick up local channels. I'm not looking for mind blowing quality. I just want the Posted Imageing thing to show me a picture when I hook an OTA antenna up to it.
Posted Image

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

I'm gonna need two more drinks to read this crap

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Take it back. I had that issue and it turned out to be a weird Posted Image-up in the main board. It was also a vizio. Gave that bitch away and got me a Samsung.

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've had no trouble with my Vizio. But after trying to deal with LG's tech support today, this tv is going the hell back to da sto' today.
I may bump it up to a bigger screen anyway.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not directly related. But I got a sony wifi tv off tigersirect refurb for 400 bucks last year. It was 800 at best buy at the time. Thing has been perfect. I've never owned anything but a sony and never will.

WDavE

WDavE

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Do you know what the G comes from on LG sets?

Goldstar (One of the worst Tv's ever made)

Vizio rates all the components on their right on the border line. Most of the problems are the capacitors.
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

WDavE

WDavE

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Best Buy has a Samsung 51" Plasma TV for $399. I bought 2..... It is  a 720P Tv which is the best for sports anyway.

ESPN, Fox and ABC are all 720P.

Edited by WDavE, 22 August 2014 - 05:05 PM.

"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I went cheap-ish, that's for sure. I've spent enough money on other tvs and my projector. Just want something around 42" or so that will work.

Tech coming Tuesday. If I do t return it tomorrow
Posted Image