Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Aggie fans are delusional

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbobbyb0322, on 21 August 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

I like to think of myself as realistic. I know the way Sumlin is recruiting we are going to be strong over the next few years. I just think this will be the roughest year for us for a while.

Ya know Bobby, you have earned a little respect from me.

Through all of this, you're the only one that has been rational and honest about the upcoming season.

Texas A&M may be a good team, but this is going to be a down year and a lot of people know that. So kudos to you. I wanna believe that people can be honest with themselves and remain somewhat impartial while checking the "homerisms" at the door.
Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 927
Newest Purchase: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

Gov. Gary Johnson for President in 2016

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Joker, on 22 August 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

Through all of this, you're the only one that has been rational and honest about the upcoming season.

Texas A&M may be a good team, but this is going to be a down year and a lot of people know that. So kudos to you. I wanna believe that people can be honest with themselves and remain somewhat impartial while checking the "homerisms" at the door.

I really think it would take Kenny Hill or Kyle Allen turning into the second coming of Manziel for us to do better than 8 wins. I think we will find a way to stay in the SC game but ultimately come up short. Then we have 3 weeks of non-SEC level competition to build on what we learn from the SC game. The Arkansas game I believe will tell us how our season is going to turn out. I don't expect us to be run over or blown out by anyone. I think we have enough talent to keep it respectful.

Ags, don't see me as someone who is down on the program. I believe Sumlin is the man. I believe the players he recruited are going to push us to the top of the SEC in the next few years. The team is very young. Good things are coming.

And, thanks Joker.

Edited by bobbyb0322, 22 August 2014 - 07:40 AM.

Posted Image

eastcoastrazorback

eastcoastrazorback

Gagging Order

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 19 August 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

TAMU has some legitimate talent on their team... It's not unrealistic to expect them to compete, though I definitely think they lose at least 3 and probably 4 or 5 games.

Yes.

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 19 August 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

If TAMU can step it up on defense and Bama's QB struggles, they could beat Bama.

No.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbobbyb0322, on 21 August 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

I like to think of myself as realistic. I know the way Sumlin is recruiting we are going to be strong over the next few years. I just think this will be the roughest year for us for a while.

I figure we will lose 4, unless we surprise someone.  I generally have a habit of picking at least one Aggie upset per year.  This year it is either us winning SC, or Ole Miss finally putting us away.  Maybe both.

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Joker, on 22 August 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

Jokie, you do know I have predicted no less then 3 losses, 4 unless we upset your team.  The rest was just trolling you, since you bit.  Why so serious?

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

http://bleacherrepor...ule-predictions

I know its bleacher report but good gawd 9-3? Dude snortin' sumthin.

grass is green.  the truth of the matter is the sec is laden with delusional fans.  its a right of passage.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Posteastcoastrazorback, on 22 August 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

No.

Given Saban's massive struggles with every spread offense led by a decent mobile QB, I think it's fair to believe that any such team could beat Bama.

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image.  All.  Of.  Y'all.
Posted Image

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
😆

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbobbyb0322, on 21 August 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

In all fairness, most here were saying similar things last year when we lost half of our starting Online. Manziel was going to be destroyed without them and we wouldn't be able to put up points. I heard that a lot.
the problem though is that Manziel is one of those rarities in college ball that doesn't come around very often!

View PostFlea, on 21 August 2014 - 05:55 AM, said:

Evans would have been the #2 to Ricky Seals-Jones.  Not joking, an injury is the only thing that stopped him.  If he is as much as 85% healed, he will be able to match Evans.  Our defense was awful, and as pointed out, especially against Duke.  We lost our top tackler and best young DL.  Before the bowl game.  We were starting 3 fish and a SO in the defensive front, and playing something like 8 fish at one point.  All of them have had a year to grow and learn.  They can't get worse.

Again, ask Florida if Sumlin can get a young unknown QB ready to play in the SEC.  Especially when you have the potential for a top 3 running back stable.  I would put us at just outside of top 5 currently, based on limited usage.
hill is not Manziel though, and most of you ATM fans expect him to come out and be just as good!

View PostFlea, on 21 August 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

The defense was always in doubt, and will remain that way until proven otherwise.  Sherman left us with plenty of talent on the offense, but limited talent on the defense.  Sumlin has worked like a demon to change that without giving up the offensive firepower, but most of those players are just now redshirt sophomores or juniors this year, and Sumlin's recruits are just sophomores and RS fish this year.  That first class was still heavily Sherman's, all O.  I am not predicting a sudden jump to #1, but a respectable improvement to the 60's would be a load for most teams to handle if our offense stays in the top 3 of the SEC. Which I think it will.
top 3? Really? Good luck with the homerisms!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Where did I mention that Hill was gonna be as good as Manziel?

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMaroonblood, on 24 August 2014 - 07:53 AM, said:

Where did I mention that Hill was gonna be as good as Manziel?

There are some folks glad Manzeil is gone. I wonder what the bet between him and shaw is
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 24 August 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

There are some folks glad Manzeil is gone. I wonder what the bet between him and shaw is

I honestly don't know a single Aggie that is glad Johnny is gone. I'm sure there are some, but I think it is very few.

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbobbyb0322, on 24 August 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

I honestly don't know a single Aggie that is glad Johnny is gone. I'm sure there are some, but I think it is very few.

And you thought I was talking about aggies?
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 24 August 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

And you thought I was talking about aggies?

Haha, yes. That's what I thought you meant. I know the rest of the conference is glad he's gone.

Posted Image