Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Aggie fans are delusional

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 20 August 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

good luck with that, but if you think you have a chance this season without Manziel and your leading receiver, you're gonna have a long year...and to top it off your defense was awful last year, and you think with what you've already lost that it's going to be better?  Sheesh...

In all fairness, most here were saying similar things last year when we lost half of our starting O-line. Manziel was going to be destroyed without them and we wouldn't be able to put up points. I heard that a lot.

Edited by bobbyb0322, 24 August 2014 - 07:29 AM.

Posted Image

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 20 August 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

good luck with that, but if you think you have a chance this season without Manziel and your leading receiver, you're gonna have a long year...and to top it off your defense was awful last year, and you think with what you've already lost that it's going to be better?  Sheesh...

Evans would have been the #2 to Ricky Seals-Jones.  Not joking, an injury is the only thing that stopped him.  If he is as much as 85% healed, he will be able to match Evans.  Our defense was awful, and as pointed out, especially against Duke.  We lost our top tackler and best young DL.  Before the bowl game.  We were starting 3 fish and a SO in the defensive front, and playing something like 8 fish at one point.  All of them have had a year to grow and learn.  They can't get worse.

Again, ask Florida if Sumlin can get a young unknown QB ready to play in the SEC.  Especially when you have the potential for a top 3 running back stable.  I would put us at just outside of top 5 currently, based on limited usage.

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbobbyb0322, on 21 August 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

In all fairness, most here were saying similar things last year when we lost half of our starting Online. Manziel was going to be destroyed without them and we wouldn't be able to put up points. I heard that a lot.

Most might be a little strong of a word. I think yall will still score points this year, might just look a little different. It's the defense that most doubt.
Posted Image

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
BTW, Gamecock fans, 9-3 could be losses to SC, 'Bama, and LSU. Or it could be losses to 'Bama, Auburn, and LSU.  It could even be loses to ole M, MSU, and SC.  I doubt seriously that any Ag thinks we will run the table this year.  We are excited to see if we can in the next few years.  I believe and I think most Ags agree, the SEC move has woken up an old slumbering dragon.  We had to because we are playing nothing but other dragons these days.

No game is automatic when you are playing in the SEC.  I think we proved that 2 years ago, Mizzou proved it last year, and we had it proven to us last year.

Edit - The number of commas in this post wast too damned high!

Edited by Flea, 21 August 2014 - 06:09 AM.

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRodLovly, on 21 August 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

Most might be a little strong of a word. I think yall will still score points this year, might just look a little different. It's the defense that most doubt.

The defense was always in doubt, and will remain that way until proven otherwise.  Sherman left us with plenty of talent on the offense, but limited talent on the defense.  Sumlin has worked like a demon to change that without giving up the offensive firepower, but most of those players are just now redshirt sophomores or juniors this year, and Sumlin's recruits are just sophomores and RS fish this year.  That first class was still heavily Sherman's, all O.  I am not predicting a sudden jump to #1, but a respectable improvement to the 60's would be a load for most teams to handle if our offense stays in the top 3 of the SEC. Which I think it will.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlea, on 21 August 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

Not personal.  I just don't see our trend of a last second "pull it out of the a**" winning changing this year.

Football has been exciting for yall
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRodLovly, on 21 August 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

There were quite a few saying it. I agree with the rest.

Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't mean any offense to Aggie fans,but I believe we can't underestimate the impact Manziel had on that team.

Teams didn't game plan for Sumlin's offense,they game planned on how to stop Manziel from wrecking their defense.Stop Manziel,which stifles the offense,then attack that defense.

It's just that only a few teams could contain him,we couldn't and it was dam frustrating.But I did respect his ability.

Petrino went 5-7 with young talent and a weak defense,but lit it up with the right players.May be apples and oranges,but I see the potential for a down year.Not because the Aggies are bad,but because the SEC has teams who will be better.

Down years aren't unusual in this conference.

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 21 August 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

I don't mean any offense to Aggie fans,but I believe we can't underestimate the impact Manziel had on that team.

Teams didn't game plan for Sumlin's offense,they game planned on how to stop Manziel from wrecking their defense.Stop Manziel,which stifles the offense,then attack that defense.

It's just that only a few teams could contain him,we couldn't and it was dam frustrating.But I did respect his ability.

Petrino went 5-7 with young talent and a weak defense,but lit it up with the right players.May be apples and oranges,but I see the potential for a down year.Not because the Aggies are bad,but because the SEC has teams who will be better.

Good post.
The Aggies, being in the West, have a really hard row to how this season, plus getting South Carolina from the East (and Mizzou, which won't be easy).  Doesn't bode well for the Aggies.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKneesInTheBreeze, on 21 August 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

Good post.
The Aggies, being in the West, have a really hard row to how this season, plus getting South Carolina from the East (and Mizzou, which won't be easy).  Doesn't bode well for the Aggies.

Yep,it's a tough conference and everybody can't win 9 or 10 games every year.

But I could be wrong.

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 21 August 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

You might be right.  However, we have more talent around Hill then I think we did during the first year of Johnny ball when people were still scheming for the offense.  Also, not trying to insult Kentucky, but I think there is a at least a little difference between our young talent this year and what Petrino had to work with last year.  

If we get back to what Sumlin's offense looked like at Houston with a real Aggie defense, people will be in trouble.

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlea, on 21 August 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

You might be right.  However, we have more talent around Hill then I think we did during the first year of Johnny ball when people were still scheming for the offense.  Also, not trying to insult Kentucky, but I think there is a at least a little difference between our young talent this year and what Petrino had to work with last year.  

If we get back to what Sumlin's offense looked like at Houston with a real Aggie defense, people will be in trouble.

I like your optimism.  But... you're in the SEC West now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlea, on 21 August 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

I'm not saying y'all will be bad from now on,I just think you'll take some lumps this year.It will be kind of a rebuilding process.A lot of question marks out there.

I guess a lot of my opinion came from the Auburn game last year.I thought y'all had them til Manziel got hurt.It went from a probable td to a field goal,IIRC,then a three and out.

Manziel came back in and almost won it for you but his short departure was the difference in that game.And I was pulling for y'all btw.

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 21 August 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

I'm not saying y'all will be bad from now on,I just think you'll take some lumps this year.It will be kind of a rebuilding process.A lot of question marks out there.

I guess a lot of my opinion came from the Auburn game last year.I thought y'all had them til Manziel got hurt.It went from a probable td to a field goal,IIRC,then a three and out.

Manziel came back in and almost won it for you but his short departure was the difference in that game.And I was pulling for y'all btw.

Just so we are all on the same page, Aggies consider a 3 loss season a rebuilding year.  We go spoiled when RC was around, which is why he was "reassigned" after a 6-6 season, only his second that wasn't a winning season.  He never had a losing one.

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKneesInTheBreeze, on 21 August 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

I like your optimism.  But... you're in the SEC West now.

What you fail to realize is that it not that we are in the SEC West.  The SEC West is in with us now!