Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Aggie fans are delusional

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Joker, on 19 August 2014 - 07:07 AM, said:

Boy... It sure is flowing...

Posted Image

You all need to get a grip. Balanced? Really Flea?

ATM has NEVER been balanced since joining the conference. With Manziel, you just had a tendency to outscore everyone else.

A defense? You guys let Duke "walk a mudhole" in that "balanced" defense of yours. Hell, Duke should have won that game.... You let DUKE of all teams, lay 661 total yards on that defense.... You also have to realize that USC has the longest home winning streak in America?

More food for thought, since 2010, we're 27-2 at Williams-Brice. You guys need to quit being such homers. Geez. There's going to be so much Aggie blood on that field, Jason Voorhees is going to be envious.

We're going to smoke you guys like a pack of.....

Posted Image

http://scores.espn.g...ameId=333650245

Yeap. We are going to get creamed like a can of corn.  I hope your team feels the same way.  BTW, did you notice that our balanced defense was equally crappy against both the run and the pass.  I guess starting something like 5 underclassmen in the front 7, and losing your top DL and LB (top tackler on the team) before the bowl wouldn't make a difference.  We also had no real offense in the first half.

I don't see that as an excuse, but a reason for you to zip it about our defense.  You don't seem to have done any looking into our team, and have little to no insight into how bare the defensive cupboard was when Sumlin took over.  I hope the o' Ball Coach has done the same.  I could have stared for A&M at DE last year and I run the 40 in about three days.  Now, Coach Sumlin knows he has a lot of good will from the past two years, and he has been getting all of the talent he can stockpile.  He also knows that A&M fired (excuse me reassigned) our most winning coach for not showing enough progress.  He was on the staff.  

Do you think that there will be no improvement on our defense?  We know there will be some set backs on offense.  There is not a way to change that when you lose three first rounders and your leading tailback.  I seem to remember some of your important players heading to the NFL as well.  In fact, I usually see Clowney walking to practice every morning for the past few weeks.  

I still think we have a chance to win if the game stays close.  Simply put, your offense has not really over impressed me, and your defense will also have some holes to fill.  Now, if our young team breaks and runs, we will have a long year.  I don't think that will be the case.  

Also, I meant to say we would lose to at least one of the Bama twins.  I am not sure, we have been pretty good on the road for the past two years, except for MU and LSU.

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlea, on 19 August 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Yeap. We are going to get creamed like a can of corn.  I hope your team feels the same way.  BTW, did you notice that our balanced defense was equally crappy against both the run and the pass.  I guess starting something like 5 underclassmen in the front 7, and losing your top DL and LB (top tackler on the team) before the bowl wouldn't make a difference.  We also had no real offense in the first half.

I don't see that as an excuse, but a reason for you to zip it about our defense.  You don't seem to have done any looking into our team, and have little to no insight into how bare the defensive cupboard was when Sumlin took over.  I hope the o' Ball Coach has done the same.  I could have stared for A&M at DE last year and I run the 40 in about three days.  Now, Coach Sumlin knows he has a lot of good will from the past two years, and he has been getting all of the talent he can stockpile.  He also knows that A&M fired (excuse me reassigned) our most winning coach for not showing enough progress.  He was on the staff.  

Do you think that there will be no improvement on our defense?  We know there will be some set backs on offense.  There is not a way to change that when you lose three first rounders and your leading tailback.  I seem to remember some of your important players heading to the NFL as well.  In fact, I usually see Clowney walking to practice every morning for the past few weeks.  

I still think we have a chance to win if the game stays close.  Simply put, your offense has not really over impressed me, and your defense will also have some holes to fill.  Now, if our young team breaks and runs, we will have a long year.  I don't think that will be the case.  

Also, I meant to say we would lose to at least one of the Bama twins.  I am not sure, we have been pretty good on the road for the past two years, except for MU and LSU.

Sumlin is no match for Spurrier.  Add to it that his team has lost its most potent weapon, still has a weak defense, and will be playing the the Cock domain.  Not much of a chance for a win, I would say.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
TAMU recruiting rankings per 247 Sports:

Year - National (SEC)
2014 - 5th (3rd)
2013 - 9th (5th)
2012 - 16th (6th)

TAMU has some legitimate talent on their team... It's not unrealistic to expect them to compete, though I definitely think they lose at least 3 and probably 4 or 5 games. TAMU has shown that their offensive style can hurt Bama's defensive style... If TAMU can step it up on defense and Bama's QB struggles, they could beat Bama.

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The Flea is letting y'all have it!  LOL!!!  GREATNESS!!!

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We have a really good chance on winning this football game against the chickens.  Looking forward to next Thursday,  fellas!

bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm not going to be a sunshine pumper like some AGs around here.

Sit tight, and don't fall out of your chairs when I say this.

Ready? Ok. I think this will be the worst season we have for the next ten years. I also think we will win 7-8 games.

We haven't been balanced in years.

Edited by bobbyb0322, 19 August 2014 - 07:52 PM.

Posted Image

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Dak>Bo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 19 August 2014 - 11:28 AM, said:

Irony: a State fan calling Aggies delusional this year.

View Postadfalcon, on 19 August 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

Didn't you hear? This is #theiryear :trollface:

#obsessed
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 19 August 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

#obsessed
we're not the ones predicting an 11 win season ;)
#4 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-1(4-1)
BEAT AUBURN
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

I'm glad you realize that now. Apparently most of the Aggs missed the memo.

Secondly, last year, USC had the second fewest seniors in the NCAA. That's a fact.

I don't see that as an excuse, but a reason for you to zip it about our defense.  You don't seem to have done any looking into our team, and have little to no insight into how bare the defensive cupboard was when Sumlin took over.

Your defense should so much improved based on what?

Yes I have done my research. You want the short version? Here it goes.

Exhibit A. ATM's defense gave up 500+ yards and 32 points per game against the likes of Sam Houston State, SMU, UTEP and Duke.

Exhibit B: ATM lost ten (10) of their Top-17 tacklers and four (4) out of five (5) of their top tacklers for a loss from last year.

Exhibit C: This spring, ATM lost four (4) projected starters on defense including the 2013 Defensive MVP.

See what I mean. I've done my research on the Aggs and it doesn't bode well for you nor does it say that ATM's defense will be improved.

I seem to remember some of your important players heading to the NFL as well.  In fact, I usually see Clowney walking to practice every morning for the past few weeks.

Obviously you're the one that hasn't completed his homework. If you had, you would have known that practically for the last decade and possibly decade and a half, USC has finished in the SEC's Top-5 defensively. See, when we lose someone on defense, we reload.  This can easily be verified on here with the other members or you can look it up for yourself.

Simply put, your offense has not really over impressed me, and your defense will also have some holes to fill.

Posted Image

Talking about the homeristic post of the year?  Like I said, on defense we reload and you can believe that.

As for offense, like I've said earlier, we're 27-2 at Williams-Brice since 2010. We have one of the top RB's in the nation that's going to shred that Aggie defense. QB Dylan Thompson has shown that he's a baller and you will get a taste of him too. This isn't his first start and he's gotten plenty of playing time over the last two years.

Here's a little snippet of what Thompson can do....

Thompson is a gunslinger. He's got a great arm and is extremely accurate with his passes. His only question mark is his mobility. He's a true "drop back" passer.

Do you wanna know the last time USC has lost a season opener?

Try 1999.

As for Texas A&M, do you know the last time you opened the season on the road?

Try 2005 and guess what? You lost to Clemson.....

As many others have told you, Williams-Brice is a tough environment for a rookie QB and to top it off, this game will kick off the SEC Network. USC fans know this.

I'll put it like this, if ATM can keep this game down to a 20 point margin, then consider it a success. The problem with that is Vegas. Right now Vegas has USC as a 10 point favorite and when it comes to double-digits, Vegas is rarely wrong.

Edited by The Joker, 20 August 2014 - 08:39 AM.

Posted Image

Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 921
Newest Purchase: Mulholland Falls

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by´╗┐ human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm gonna laugh at the loser and winner. Loser first for losing to that other team. The winner second for being proud they beat that other team.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 20 August 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

I'm gonna laugh at the loser and winner. Loser first for losing to that other team. The winner second for being proud they beat that other team.

Don't worry, I am sure we have another heart breaker in the bag for you.

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlea, on 18 August 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

Nope. But we did return a lot of young talent.  I am not sure that 9-3 is realistic, but 8-4 most definitely is.  I also reserve the right to become excessively optimistic if when we beat SC.

View PostFlea, on 18 August 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

Can't argue with that.  I still think we sneak up on SC, lose to one of the Alabama twins, and either State or Ole Miss sneak past us.  I am hoping that that is not the case and Hill turns into another record setting QB for us.
good luck with that, but if you think you have a chance this season without Manziel and your leading receiver, you're gonna have a long year...and to top it off your defense was awful last year, and you think with what you've already lost that it's going to be better?  Sheesh...
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Jesus, you would think The Joker were an Alabama fan talking this confidently.

If they somehow find some defense this season, I still expect A&M to be serviceable with 7 or 8 wins. It's tough to see where some guaranteed SEC wins are coming though, only Arkansas has a high chance for a win. State, Ole Miss and Mizzou are toss ups at best. Then they could sneak one out from LSU, Bama or Auburn.

7 wins won't be easy, but hell maybe they'll be a scoring machine again.

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlea, on 20 August 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Don't worry, I am sure we have another heart breaker in the bag for you.

Don't take my post personal. It's a waste of time
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 21 August 2014 - 04:59 AM, said:

Don't take my post personal. It's a waste of time

Not personal.  I just don't see our trend of a last second "pull it out of the a**" winning changing this year.