Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Looks like A&M already knows they're gonna lose

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

Flea

Flea

Just a guy with a team and a dream.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGidnik, on 17 August 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

It hasn't been cold in south Carolina,  you know that right?

95 was the high in Columbia SC yesterday.  It was 95 by 10:30 AM when I finished mowing the yard at my house.  I am only 60 miles away from College Station.  The high in B/CS was 98.  I know they have heat in SC, but the telling point is the humidity.  The Heat Index has Aggieland at 100 right now, while SC is at 95.  It makes a difference.

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlea, on 18 August 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

95 was the high in Columbia SC yesterday.  It was 95 by 10:30 AM when I finished mowing the yard at my house.  I am only 60 miles away from College Station.  The high in B/CS was 98.  I know they have heat in SC, but the telling point is the humidity.  The Heat Index has Aggieland at 100 right now, while SC is at 95.  It makes a difference.

I'm sure the difference in humidity between College Station and Columbia is negligible.
If you've never been to Columbia in August / September- just trust me. Its pure hell.

Posted Image

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlea, on 18 August 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

Good point. I know when the heat index is only 95 here I can bust my ass in the yard for hours on end with no problems, but once it gets up to 100 I can barely make it to the mailbox and back without passing out.

Flea

Flea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA. Pilgrim, on 18 August 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

I'm sure the difference in humidity between College Station and Columbia is negligible.
If you've never been to Columbia in August / September- just trust me. Its pure hell.

Been to the area.  It's not that bad.  Come visit South-Eastern Texas in August.  Wear cotton and drink plenty of water.  You have been warned.

BTW, I was using the Heat Index of College Station and Columbia at the time of my post.  That extra 20% humidity doesn't sound like much, but it matters.  A lot.

Edit: looks like it was time to change the batteries on the wireless keyboard.

Edited by Flea, 18 August 2014 - 11:13 AM.

Maroonblood

Maroonblood

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is hilarious.  Cock fan rips Sumlin for taking the team to the movies and then Spurrier does the same.  How does that foot taste?

Maroonblood

Maroonblood

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Oh and humidity sucks ass.  Posted Imageing hate it.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMaroonblood, on 21 August 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

This is hilarious.  Cock fan rips Sumlin for taking the team to the movies and then Spurrier does the same.  How does that foot taste?

Foot taste??

You haven't realized by now that 95% of the stuff I post in the trash talk section isn't to be taken seriously. Pretty sure just about every team in the country will do something like this at some point during fall practice.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMaroonblood, on 21 August 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

Oh and humidity sucks ass.  Posted Imageing hate it.

Agreed. Pretty sure the heat index is gonna be in the triple digits for the rest of the week here...

http://www.wundergro...-forecast/29201

Maroonblood

Maroonblood

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 21 August 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

Agreed. Pretty sure the heat index is gonna be in the triple digits for the rest of the week here...

http://www.wundergro...-forecast/29201

Posted Image that.  At least the Aggie Football team is used to the humidity.  I'm from the North Texas area and spent some time I'm the Texas panhandle.....where humidity is rare.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMaroonblood, on 21 August 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Posted Image that.  At least the Aggie Football team is used to the humidity.  I'm from the North Texas area and spent some time I'm the Texas panhandle.....where humidity is rare.

Same here. I grew up in the Upstate where you usually get some of the cooler, drier air blowing down off the mountains of NC. It's still hot up there, just not as bad as down here. Moved to Columbia around 13 years ago....there's a reason the city slogan is "famously hot". I'm pretty much used to it now though.

Flea

Flea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postthedruebanks, on 17 August 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

" Nah, we don't need to practice anymore today, we got this. Lets go see The Muppets "

FTFY