Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Permanent Opponents for Basketball

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
People would watch Kentucky-Arkansas.
No ones gives a f*** about Kentucky-Vandy.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 17 August 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

It's basketball, what Kentucky wants Kentucky gets.  BBN just needs to get on Slive and push for the three we want. We didn't last time and we got stuck with Florida.  Tennessee and Vandy have always been our main rivals. Florida is johnny come lately, and they'll be gone when Billy leaves, just like all the other pretenders before them.  Auburn and Bruce Pearl will probably be appealing soon enough.  From a fan v fan standpoint Arkansas should get it.

When I grow up, I want humility to be a cornerstone of my life, just like you PT.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 18 August 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

When I grow up, I want humility to be a cornerstone of my life, just like you PT.
Why should we be humble about it? If they tried to break up the WLOCP for another matchup with better TV ratings wouldn't you get pissed?  Tennessee and Vanderbilt are our main rivals.  Florida is now what Mississippi State, Arkansas, LSU, and Alabama were in stages before.  UK-UF certainly a rivalry right now, but if were talking about etching these 3 matchups in stone I personally like Arkansas as our third. Hog fans get basketball. They don't disappear when their basketball success does. Gator fans do.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 18 August 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Why should we be humble about it? If they tried to break up the WLOCP for another matchup with better TV ratings wouldn't you get pissed?  Tennessee and Vanderbilt are our main rivals.  Florida is now what Mississippi State, Arkansas, LSU, and Alabama were in stages before.  UK-UF certainly a rivalry right now, but if were talking about etching these 3 matchups in stone I personally like Arkansas as our third. Hog fans get basketball. They don't disappear when their basketball success does. Gator fans do.

Difference is, our football rivalries actually get good ratings.
Rivalries in other sports don't get attention, only big matchups do.

Maybe if Tennessee or Arkansas had been good the last 5 years, you could play them all the time instead of us.
I bet a 2 game losing streak to us would hurt less than a 3 game losing streak.

Edited by JoeGator, 18 August 2014 - 07:49 AM.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 18 August 2014 - 07:49 AM, said:

Difference is, our football rivalries actually get good ratings.
Rivalries in other sports don't get attention, only big matchups do.

Maybe if Tennessee or Arkansas had been good the last 5 years, you could play them all the time instead of us.
I bet a 2 game losing streak to us would hurt less than a 3 game losing streak.
If the ratings don't matter then give us who we want because were the only fans putting $ into the coffers.  The Lexington and Louisville TV markets are always the Top 2 in the country followed by the Triangle.  If Pearl were still in Knoxville then yeah, probably would have had them.  And when we go to 3 perms, we will.  It will most likely be UT, UF, and someone else. VU is who it should be but we'll see.

As for streaks...meh.  All-time WL, run off 20+ in a row at times, national champ runner up last year, etc.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 18 August 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

If the ratings don't matter then give us who we want because were the only fans putting $ into the coffers.  The Lexington and Louisville TV markets are always the Top 2 in the country followed by the Triangle.  If Pearl were still in Knoxville then yeah, probably would have had them.  And when we go to 3 perms, we will.  It will most likely be UT, UF, and someone else. VU is who it should be but we'll see.

As for streaks...meh.  All-time WL, run off 20+ in a row at times, national champ runner up last year, etc.

I said ratings DO matter. Which is why an Arkansas permanent opponent is way more likely than Vanderbilt getting it.
Ratings are the only reason Florida and Kentucky are permanent opponents.

No one gives a feck about national runner up lol.
You got a Final Four banner, just like us.
Except we swept you and broke some of your conference records in the process.

If they keep pairing up the best several teams, the bottom half of the conference is going to struggle even more getting an NCAA bid.

Edited by JoeGator, 18 August 2014 - 08:45 AM.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 18 August 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

Nobody shows humility on this site including gator fans. Whenever UK gets beat in bball humility is the last thing shown by the rival fans.

Besides, UK takes so much Posted Image during football season that much of our arrogance during bball season is justified

Edited by UK4Life, 18 August 2014 - 11:05 AM.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 18 August 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

Nobody shows humility on this site including gator fans. Whenever UK gets beat in bball humility is the last thing shown by the rival fans.

Besides, UK takes so much Posted Image during football season that much of our arrogance during bball season is justified

[attachment=6074:14basketball.jpg]

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 18 August 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

7th SEC title to our 47th. Couldn't give less of a Posted Image.  Took Billy 4 years to build a team that could do that. ...we ran the table two years ago with freshmen....and won it all. As soon as Muschump fails or gets his head out of his ass you'll quit worrying about basketball.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 18 August 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

7th SEC title to our 47th. Couldn't give less of a :lanekiffin:.  Took Billy 4 years to build a team that could do that. ...we ran the table two years ago with freshmen....and won it all. As soon as Muschump fails or gets his head out of his ass you'll quit worrying about basketball.

I've always assumed you don't believe even half the bullsh** you post, so I'm going to keep doing that here.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 18 August 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

I've always assumed you don't believe even half the bullsh** you post, so I'm going to keep doing that here.
I'm on my 7th beer this afternoon on the beach at Hilton Head. I'm liable to say anything.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 18 August 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

I'm on my 7th beer this afternoon on the beach at Hilton Head. I'm liable to say anything.

Talk some sh** to the old people nearby.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 18 August 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

I wouldn't brag too much about routing this conference. Final fours and championships are the only things relevant in CBB.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 18 August 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Talk some sh** to the old people nearby.
They're all wearing Gator hats but have New York accents...its the damnedest thing.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 18 August 2014 - 12:45 PM, said:

I wouldn't brag too much about routing this conference. Final fours and championships are the only things relevant in CBB.

Oh, you misunderstood me.
I was bragging about routing UK's record.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users