Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Greg McElroy

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,800
  • Age:
    23
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,035
Is pretty damn good at commentating. Also, is it just me or does Tebow come off as really awkward as a commentator? I feel like there isn't much going on upstairs with Tebow if you catch my drift which is surprising I thought he'd be a natural at commentary.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 16 August 2014 - 10:05 AM.

Posted Image

Trenton Thompson save us

#2
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,718
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,934
McElroy has definitely impressed me the most. I was watching the UGA preview last night and was really impressed.

#3
msubulldogfan1

msubulldogfan1

    Full blown homer

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,760
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Aug 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,851
Mclroy Posted Imageed up once tho, he forgot what he was gonna say on the topic I bama goin to LSU...ended up pronouncing Baton Rouge as braton brouge or something...was hilarious

#4
Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,981
  • Age:
    25
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,981

View PostTheRealBrave, on 16 August 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

I feel like there isn't much going on upstairs with Tebow if you catch my drift which is surprising I thought he'd be a natural at commentary.

Eric Berry knocked all of the sense out of him.

If he has to do anything other than run with the ball or overthrow a pass by 15 yards, he can't do it anymore.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image


#5
HFS

HFS

    Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,332
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Mar 2009
  • Location:
    Auburn, AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    12,747

View PostTheRealBrave, on 16 August 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

Is pretty damn good at commentating. Also, is it just me or does Tebow come off as really awkward as a commentator? I feel like there isn't much going on upstairs with Tebow if you catch my drift which is surprising I thought he'd be a natural at commentary.
Everything Tebow says sounds scripted and he seems nervous the entire time. McElroy seems like he's gonna be in the business for a long time.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

#6
GatorBait15

GatorBait15

    The return of the jorts

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,205
  • Age:
    23
  • Joined:
    Oct 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    258
Tebow has never been the best interview honestly... Remember when the Jets signed him?

Don't get me wrong still love the guy. Probably my favorite player in the history of college football.
Posted Image


D^3 said:

It'll be 1980 all over again... with the Dawgs beating Florida en route to a National Championship.

      2007 SECtalk Bowl Pick Em Champion

#7
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,574
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,302
Yea, at first I thought it was just me being biased against the guy. Then I talked to a few gator fans and they agree he is terrible at it as well. He just seems really awkward, time for him to try his next venture.

Question is, how long will they give him?

#8
GatorBait15

GatorBait15

    The return of the jorts

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,205
  • Age:
    23
  • Joined:
    Oct 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    258

View PostGatorHater24, on 16 August 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Yea, at first I thought it was just me being biased against the guy. Then I talked to a few gator fans and they agree he is terrible at it as well. He just seems really awkward, time for him to try his next venture.

Question is, how long will they give him?

The guy needs to run to be happy lol
Posted Image


D^3 said:

It'll be 1980 all over again... with the Dawgs beating Florida en route to a National Championship.

      2007 SECtalk Bowl Pick Em Champion

#9
ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,438
  • Joined:
    Sep 2009
  • Cash:
    700
  • High Fives:
    351
McElroy came very close to being accepted to Oxford University. Could probably work for the Cowboys if so desired. His Dad is Senior Vice President of Sales and
Marketing.



#10
Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

    'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,444
  • Age:
    43
  • Joined:
    Jul 2011
  • Location:
    Hot Springs
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,206
I thought McElroy was very serviceable on the mic. Tebow sounds like he has a closed-head injury. Somebody should take his mic off and set him up an autograph/circumcision booth at the local fairgrounds...

#11
FAN

FAN

    The Dude

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    709
  • Age:
    37
  • Joined:
    Dec 2012
  • Location:
    The Dirty South
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    233
Yeah I'm very much on a wait and see when it comes to Tebow. I like him as a person and all but I don't know if he's really opinionated. He seems like a guy who just wants everyone to like him which isn't something I think works as an analyst.

#12
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    Stoops Does Work

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    41,624
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Location:
    Lexington, KY
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    10,998
He still comes off as a ginger...gonna take some getting used to.
Posted Image

#13
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    39,032
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    15,187
Tebow always sounds like he takes in a breath and increases speed after every sentence...pretty annoying. Could be worse though I guess.

McElroy definitely is impressive, but I shaked my head when he bombed at the end of an LSU and Bama discussion lol. Skin crawling embarrassment.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#14
KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

    KneesInTheBreeze

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,018
  • Joined:
    Jul 2011
  • Location:
    Windermere, FL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,936
I like 'em both.  Two quality SEC QBs doing a nice job on the SEC Network.

Posted Image


Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux


#15
msubulldogfan1

msubulldogfan1

    Full blown homer

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,760
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Aug 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,851

View PostTider27, on 16 August 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

Tebow always sounds like he takes in a breath and increases speed after every sentence...pretty annoying. Could be worse though I guess.

McElroy definitely is impressive, but I shaked my head when he bombed at the end of an LSU and Bama discussion lol. Skin crawling embarrassment.
he like froze up.  I died out laughing.  Good stuff.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users