Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

4 notre dame players dismissed for academic fraud

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 15 August 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

Oh no, say it ain't so, bro!

Gotta love it any time a fanbase with a superior attitude about academics gets busted like this; it essentially wipes out their sole remaining smack-talk advantage... so, your players cheat and they still suck on the field.

I mean, what's left after that? What's their chant now?
Hey, at least we live in a better sta... er, um, scratch that, we live in Indiana; it's not really better than any of the SEC states. Posted Image

Same thing with Georgia Tech... they always play the academics card yet they have gotten in trouble twice in this last 15 years for academic fraud and most of their athletes don't even take hard classes to begin with. They even had to vacate their ACC Champ win
Posted Image

Trenton Thompson save us

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
When I was growing up,Notre Dame was somewhat of a legend,Gipper and all.

It's kinda sad that those good ol days have past and innocence was kicked to the curb and college football has become a business.

Oh well,I'm ready to get the season rollin....

Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio our nation turns it lonely heart to you..."

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Lol, these faggy Irish fans need a punch to the face.

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 15 August 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

When I was growing up,Notre Dame was somewhat of a legend,Gipper and all.

It's kinda sad that those good ol days have past and innocence was kicked to the curb and college football has become a business.

Oh well,I'm ready to get the season rollin....

Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio our nation turns it lonely heart to you..."

The notre dame fans may be acting like a bunch of phaggots, but it looks like the school is handling things well. I'm pretty sure this goes on at a lot of schools, but at least the irish are investigating and quickly dismissing any cheaters.

Meanwhile in Chapel Hill.....

FAN

FAN

The Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I respect the Notre Dame higher ups for stepping up and doing something about this. I'd bet atleast 75% of other universities wouldn't admonish themselves like this publicly. They have a code and enforce it like BYU, Navy, Army, Etc.

As for the Notre Dame fans.....they can suck a bag of dicks, a giant burlap bag of dicks.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
oh no! Not the NCAA!!! Now what are we going to do??? (chews on finger nails)

FAN

FAN

The Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I do like this commercial though.

SECorBust

SECorBust

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
When was the last time an SEC player failed to qualify accademically after we got them on campus?  I think Auburn has a guy that might not qualify, but it might also be a pot offense.  IDK what we're doing, but school is tough for a lot of these athletes, but we give them every advantage that we can.  It's not like Carnell Williams could read.  They probably do need some help learning how to teach dumb jocks.  Oh yea Cam Newton pretty much left Florida for cheating didn't he?  I think we had a big DL and maybe a safety that went to a JUCO because his grades dropped.

The NCAA is really going to be pissed about this I think.  We pretty much cut their balls off on everything else, but academics is pretty much the last "stronghold" that keeps these guys student athletes.

Maybe saban just sends the dumb ones to the NFL in 3 and graduates the smart ones.  Our graduation rate probably is too high for the level of talent that we get.

Edited by SECorBust, 17 August 2014 - 09:17 AM.

Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFAN, on 17 August 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

I do like this commercial though.

The only people ho couldn't understand the BCS are dumb jocks.  Who else would favor the opinions of 13 schmucks to pick our best 4 teams.  If the playoff fails it's going to be because of the 13.

Edited by SECorBust, 17 August 2014 - 09:22 AM.

Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 17 August 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

The only people ho couldn't understand the BCS are dumb jocks.  Who else would favor the opinions of 13 schmucks to pick our best 4 teams.  If the playoff fails it's going to be because of the 13.
Yup, I wish they expanded it to the 4 team playoff like it is but they kept the same selection process.

FAN

FAN

The Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 17 August 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Yup, I wish they expanded it to the 4 team playoff like it is but they kept the same selection process.

But that might mean 2 SEC teams are in the final 4 and the Big 10/12, Pac 12, or ACC may not get invited. Its not fair lol.

FAN

FAN

The Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Pretty good discussion about it today on Outside The Lines on ESPN. I know Brian Kelly said the cliche thing "It ultimately is my responsibility" and one of the analyst on the show kept saying that it was, but I kinda disagree. I mean if he looks the other way of a known problem, than yes it is on Brian Kelly but are we seriously supposed to expect a football coach to monitor all 80+ kids academic situation? Isn't that really the Compliance Departments responsibility? Aren't they the one's who set players up with tutors and have the players meet with academic advisers who are supposed to be looking at the kids academic status?

Another interesting point discussed on the show is that maybe Kelly is recruiting marginally academically eligible athletes. Weather you want to believe it or not, Notre Dame does have high academic standards like Stanford, BYU, etc. With the QB from last year getting suspended and now these 4, and maybe more, it could be Kelly bending the rules in South Bend recruiting guys who have no business playing for an academic institution.

Edited by FAN, 18 August 2014 - 08:00 PM.