Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

How do I divorce my family?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
72 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

2015 SEC Champs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 15 August 2014 - 05:52 AM, said:

That was TOO much of a guy's response.
Very suspicious.
She's luring you in only to go typical female crazy later, once she's got you locked down.
It's mandatory on Sundays we go out so she can watch the Dolphins.

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Kids begin as rug rats. They evolve into crumb snatchers. The sooner they learn about college football the sooner they give up those ways
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 14 August 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

After this phaggot move (i.e. letting his wife schedule on gameday), he doesn't deserve a ticket

Can I have his? Ill be your brother...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 15 August 2014 - 04:48 AM, said:

I asked my gf last night about this stuff. She thought it was the stupidest Posted Image ever, and told me she would never ask me to miss a game for something so frivolous.  I asked her to give that to me in writing.

Call her bluff, if shes legit shes a keeper...now you must allow her to make you a sandwhich

Posted Image

Posted Image

WARDS

WARDS

Deeecent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
[attachment=6069:b6edq.jpg]

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 14 August 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

So, here's the situation...

My only brother and his wife are expecting a baby in January and I couldn't be more excited to become an uncle for the first time.  My kids will finally have a cousin!  I can't wait until the kid gets old enough to come spend weekends with us and overall, I'm just looking forward to it.

Here's the problem.  They have scheduled a "Gender Reveal" party for August 30th.  She's a nurse and he's a paramedic, so they have limited options for free days.  But I called them and told them that it wouldn't work since I have tickets to the Clemson game.  But they wouldn't reschedule.  So I called my mom and warned her that I would be the black sheep by not attending and not bringing my kids.  I was told that I would be excommunicated and not allowed to see my niece/ nephew.

So pretty much, I have it worked out so that I can spend an hour at the what-have-ya and make it to the game, but I'll miss tailgating.

Here are my concerns: first of all, what the :lanekiffin: is a "gender reveal" party and is that another Posted Imagety girly event now that I'll have to start attending?  Secondly, does anyone see a solution where I can just ditch the rest of my family but still get to hang out with my niece/ nephew?
LoL   This gender party is apparently something new that this generation mothers do. But I had to reply & I was laughing so hard, because I just went through the same thing. My brother & sister in law are having twins & had the same type of party. And I thought it was stupid & did not want to go. And I did not have anything planned. I JUST DID NOT WANT TO GO. But i did. And the party was ok, but I still think this is a woman thing that they have created to suck us Men right into it. Just something else to make us do things we hate. I could care a less about a baby shower & thats what it is. A glorified baby shower. Tell your brother that you love the fact that he is having you a nephew or niece. But you already have plans & money invested. They will get over it. But make sure you are truely ok with what ever deciesion you make.

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A better way to do this, if it's a boy, would have been to send out these cards...

Posted Image
Posted Image

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
First of all, what sort of ancient, patriarchal society do your relatives live in? Who still gets hung up on social constructs like "gender". They may be setting their child up for a lot of confusion down the road when their child is discovering their own gender or non-gender. What if the child is born a boy but is really a girl??!??!

Seriously, tell them to join us here in the 21st century where outdated gender roles are no longer accepted. Geez. I don't they should even be allowed to abuse a child like that.

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Elton John thinks gender reveal parties are gay.
Posted Image

GatorBait15

GatorBait15

The return of the jorts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bunch of horse sh!t if you ask me...
Posted Image

D^3 said:

It'll be 1980 all over again... with the Dawgs beating Florida en route to a National Championship.

2007 SECtalk Bowl Pick Em Champion

DJSdawg

DJSdawg

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

OP's mother gonna get hit hard if she doesnt stand down
Posted Image

HFS

HFS
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A "Gender Reveal" is just about the most imposing, Posted Imagety, unnecessary, attention grabbing thing I've ever heard in my life.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

2015 SEC Champs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wouldn't go even if I didn't have tickets. I'm just that kinda asshole.

Posted Image