Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Week 1: West Virginia vs. Alabama (in Atlanta, GA)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

Poll: West Virginia vs. Alabama (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win?

1. West Virginia (in an upset) (4 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

2. Alabama (by 26 points or less) (18 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. Alabama (by more than 26 points) (8 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bama by 17

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
we whippin dat azz
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://espn.go.com/n...on?id=400547835

It's funny when they have hope.
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

UAdan

UAdan

Puke, inside-of-a-pumpkin orange

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Don't be fooled by the name or marquee neutral site location. WVU was some kind of awful last year.

They have some great runners and are decent at WR, but they're mistake-prone at QB and their defense is about your typical Big 12 style D...all kinds of holes, especially up front on the D-line.

I think the trio of Yeldon, Henry and Drake will have an absolute field day, and our QB play will be less than spectacular - though solid - as we spend most of the game rotating out Coker/Sims giving them each live game snaps.

Defense might get burned a time or two for a score, as it still remains to be seen how we've adjusted to the HUNH, but we'll still control the game.

Alabama 45, West Virginia 17.

Blake "The Snake" Sims

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

6-1 (3-1)

Next Game: @ Tennessee Volunteers

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 15 August 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

$2 a pop isnt it?  Its cheaper than the Jersey turnpike....so there's that.

Yeah but i'm a poor med student with barely any cash. I was out of cash by the time i was through. ($6. Don't judge me)

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bama in a closer one than the experts think. Bama wins, but I think it'll only be by around 10-17, imho. WVU wasn't very good last season, but at the same time, if it's true that Bama is switching to the HUNH for Sims, it's gonna be a nightmare for Bama. Saban would be way, way out of his comfort zone and would look a massive tool if he did this.

And everyone of the Bama fans on here who bemoaned the HUNH when Auburn used it to best you would look like utter fools when you don't say a word about Sims running it if the rumors are true.
Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 17 August 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

Bama in a closer one than the experts think. Bama wins, but I think it'll only be by around 10-17, imho. WVU wasn't very good last season, but at the same time, if it's true that Bama is switching to the HUNH for Sims, it's gonna be a nightmare for Bama. Saban would be way, way out of his comfort zone and would look a massive tool if he did this.

And everyone of the Bama fans on here who bemoaned the HUNH when Auburn used it to best you would look like utter fools when you don't say a word about Sims running it if the rumors are true.

Huh?? where the hell have you heard this. There's nothing coming out that even remotely supports this. All that's been said is that the offense will be very similar to last year, except we'll be using a full time FB this year.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 17 August 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

Huh?? where the hell have you heard this. There's nothing coming out that even remotely supports this. All that's been said is that the offense will be very similar to last year, except we'll be using a full time FB this year.

If Bama is cruising, Bama may not let up as quickly as we think.  There will be additional factors at work:

1.  Making a statement about his ability to beat the HUNH.
2.  Giving both Coker and Sims a chance to shine.
3. Rumors of a large HUNH package for Sims are rampant, and Saban may let Sims go nuts with it, just to give future opponents additional nightmares.

From this very thread......
Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 17 August 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

If Bama is cruising, Bama may not let up as quickly as we think.  There will be additional factors at work:

1.  Making a statement about his ability to beat the HUNH.
2.  Giving both Coker and Sims a chance to shine.
3. Rumors of a large HUNH package for Sims are rampant, and Saban may let Sims go nuts with it, just to give future opponents additional nightmares.

From this very thread......

yeah cause the fans know more than the coaches and players right? We may go into a hurry up for a series or 2, but there's no way we're "switching to HUNH" that's just idiotic. Why stress the defense even more. Every statement players and coaches have said is that the offense will be close to the same as last year. Kiffin should be a better play caller that will abuse mismatches, hopefully.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 17 August 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

yeah cause the fans know more than the coaches and players right? We may go into a hurry up for a series or 2, but there's no way we're "switching to HUNH" that's just idiotic. Why stress the defense even more. Every statement players and coaches have said is that the offense will be close to the same as last year. Kiffin should be a better play caller that will abuse mismatches, hopefully.

If I were Saban I would stick to what's won me those NCs: A sitlfing D and a power run game that can't be matched anywhere. And I am sure he will. My above post was more along the lines of the hypothetical.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 17 August 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

Yeah but i'm a poor med student with barely any cash. I was out of cash by the time i was through. ($6. Don't judge me)
Could've spent that money at Tudor's Biscuit World instead. They're all about that place up there.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Give bama hell while you can. You got two more weeks before razor gives wv and msu a thread saying stfu.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

http://www.thedaonli...1a4bcf6878.html
The talent and leadership is in place for West Virginia to earn a milestone victory against the Crimson Tide.
Pure unbridled optimism.  I like it.

Posted Image

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 17 August 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

Don't be fooled by the name or marquee neutral site location. WVU was some kind of awful last year.

They have some great runners and are decent at WR, but they're mistake-prone at QB and their defense is about your typical Big 12 style D...all kinds of holes, especially up front on the D-line.

I think the trio of Yeldon, Henry and Drake will have an absolute field day, and our QB play will be less than spectacular - though solid - as we spend most of the game rotating out Coker/Sims giving them each live game snaps.

Defense might get burned a time or two for a score, as it still remains to be seen how we've adjusted to the HUNH, but we'll still control the game.

Alabama 45, West Virginia 17.

I enjoy your stuff big guy....no homerism, matter of fact, stuff....hope you and yours are all happy and healthy these days

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 17 August 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

If I were Saban I would stick to what's won me those NCs: A sitlfing D and a power run game that can't be matched anywhere. And I am sure he will. My above post was more along the lines of the hypothetical.

I would Posted Imageing LOVE IT if Satan were to practice some then implement a little hunh just to kick ass with it for one scoring drive, in certain games, just to Posted Imagein shut the Posted Imageing haters up lmao

Edited by Haymaker, 20 August 2014 - 03:41 PM.