Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

NEW DUDY NOBLE FIELD RENDERINGS

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 15 August 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

It's going to be nice and I am happy for msu. They deserve it.

Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 15 August 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

It'll obviously cost a good deal more. I think they have pretty well already scoped some stuff out in that regard. At least, I hope they have.

i thought i heard that it was for the stadium only, which makes more sense.  the lofts would obviously add to that significantly.

JDawg

JDawg

Captain Cowbell

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Who cares if it's 40 mil or 100 mil?  It's awesome and y'all just jelly.

Edited by JDawg, 15 August 2014 - 10:54 PM.

FIRE EVERYONE

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 15 August 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

i thought i heard that it was for the stadium only, which makes more sense.  the lofts would obviously add to that significantly.

I really can't speak to that. You could be right
Posted Image

Benny

Benny

and the Jets

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My only inside source at MSU works in the fundraising arm of the BDC. As I understand it, the $40 million is for just the grandstand/entrance reconstruction and won't touch the outfield.. which seems completely reasonable to me. We don't have to redo the field or do any kind of prep work minus a little demolition.

The outfield will be financed by leases on the lofts which in their own right will generate $1 million per year.

As far as money is concerned, State is about to jump into that next category of SEC schools i.e. Arkansas, South Carolina, etc. The BDC received more capital gifts in the last fiscal year than Ole Miss' entire athletic budget for the upcoming year. Keenum and Stricklin know how to raise money and we have a lot of rich, very quiet alumni with big checkbooks. Not to mention BDC membership has doubled in the last 3-4 years. Mississippi State fans are putting up the money to make us successful and our administration is fully capitalizing on the hype. We will have zero problems raising $20 million by the end of next baseball season. If we have a 9-10 win type football season, we'll get it by Christmas.
Fire Bracky Brett

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBenny, on 19 August 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

My only inside source at MSU works in the fundraising arm of the BDC. As I understand it, the $40 million is for just the grandstand/entrance reconstruction and won't touch the outfield.. which seems completely reasonable to me. We don't have to redo the field or do any kind of prep work minus a little demolition.

The outfield will be financed by leases on the lofts which in their own right will generate $1 million per year.

As far as money is concerned, State is about to jump into that next category of SEC schools i.e. Arkansas, South Carolina, etc. The BDC received more capital gifts in the last fiscal year than Ole Miss' entire athletic budget for the upcoming year. Keenum and Stricklin know how to raise money and we have a lot of rich, very quiet alumni with big checkbooks. Not to mention BDC membership has doubled in the last 3-4 years. Mississippi State fans are putting up the money to make us successful and our administration is fully capitalizing on the hype. We will have zero problems raising $20 million by the end of next baseball season. If we have a 9-10 win type football season, we'll get it by Christmas.

In terms of giving I could never see myself giving ole miss more than 1% of my annual income. Not talking about buying tickets and such. Just contributions.

Edited by GoldenRebel, 19 August 2014 - 09:09 AM.

Benny

Benny

and the Jets

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 19 August 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

In terms of giving I could never see myself giving ole miss more than 1% of my annual income. Not talking about buying tickets and suck. Just contributions.

That might be the difference.. honestly Ole Miss has a large out of state student population and when they move back I don't see them caring as much as State's students who are for the most part from MS and stay in MS.

Engineers, architects, and vets make pretty decent coin. Not to mention a lot of our students go to law school and med school, like @bluelightstar. I work in IT in Birmingham and we have as many State guys here as Auburn, and I feel like they all have season tickets (which comes with a donation price tag as you know). The culture just seems to different to me now.
Fire Bracky Brett

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm jelly
#9 Ole Miss Rebels: 9-3(5-3)
Laquon Treadwell@SuccessfulQuon
Injuries part of the game we love to play, god has a plan for everyone & with that plan come obstacles. Keep your faith & jump the hurdle!
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBenny, on 19 August 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

That might be the difference.. honestly Ole Miss has a large out of state student population and when they move back I don't see them caring as much as State's students who are for the most part from MS and stay in MS.

Engineers, architects, and vets make pretty decent coin. Not to mention a lot of our students go to law school and med school, like @bluelightstar. I work in IT in Birmingham and we have as many State guys here as Auburn, and I feel like they all have season tickets (which comes with a donation price tag as you know). The culture just seems to different to me now.

Which is why I refuse to get season tickets. I make solid dough but giving thousands to athletics is not worth it. I give my small donation to the alumni association and athletic association and that's about it. I slut myself out for a free ticket most games and even used a student ID twice last year. I went to every game for a grand total of $110 last season. So why on earth would I pay over $1000 for a single seat.

But you are right. One of our largest issues is that over half of our alumni base live more than 5 hours away. With the economy's current state it's taken a hit.

Edited by GoldenRebel, 19 August 2014 - 09:23 AM.

Benny

Benny

and the Jets

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I mean seriously, can you imagine going to school at say Texas Tech and coming back to MS and being emotionally invested enough to give back any significant amount?
Fire Bracky Brett

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBenny, on 19 August 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

I mean seriously, can you imagine going to school at say Texas Tech and coming back to MS and being emotionally invested enough to give back any significant amount?

I guess it just depends on the individual. I know folks in other states who give a lot. And folks in Jackson capable of giving a lot who just give a small amount.

With both of us expanding enrollment the money should start to increase soon. You can't expect 25 year olds to give much. Our current 30 year olds went to ole miss when enrollment was 12k for example. Wait until the class on 2012 becomes 30+. I think that goes for both of us. If I remember correctly my freshman year of 2006 we were both under 15k. Now we are around 24k

Benny

Benny

and the Jets

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 19 August 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

I guess it just depends on the individual. I know folks in other states who give a lot. And folks in Jackson capable of giving a lot who just give a small amount.

With both of us expanding enrollment the money should start to increase soon. You can't expect 25 year olds to give much. Our current 30 year olds went to ole miss when enrollment was 12k for example. Wait until the class on 2012 becomes 30+. I think that goes for both of us. If I remember correctly my freshman year of 2006 we were both under 15k. Now we are around 24k

Higher enrollment helps a lot, but again I believe that speaking across the entire student bodies as a whole, just the makeup of ours makes them more likely to give. Even if the difference is 10%, as you said, that's gonna mean 2500 people a year pretty soon.
Fire Bracky Brett

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBenny, on 19 August 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

Higher enrollment helps a lot, but again I believe that speaking across the entire student bodies as a whole, just the makeup of ours makes them more likely to give. Even if the difference is 10%, as you said, that's gonna mean 2500 people a year pretty soon.

Agreed. The state of ms just supports your advanced graduates better. There are a lot of agribusiness and mechanical opportunities in state. Not as many medical, pharma, law, accounting, geology, etc. I only know this because I went through the accounting program, but only 10% of our graduatesstay in ms. Most went to Nashville, Dallas, Atlanta, etc

Edited by GoldenRebel, 19 August 2014 - 09:50 AM.

Benny

Benny

and the Jets

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 19 August 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Agreed. The state of ms just supports your advanced graduates better. There are a lot of agribusiness and mechanical opportunities in state. Not as many medical, pharma, law, accounting, geology, etc. I only know this because I went through the accounting program, but only 10% of our graduatesstay in ms. Most went to Nashville, Dallas, Atlanta, etc

Yeah it's just a different kind of graduate. We certainly have more of the blue collar types, and nothing wrong with that, but we have our share of business executives as well. You gotta have both types to get to the next level of fund raising which we seem to be doing well.
Fire Bracky Brett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users