Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

NEW DUDY NOBLE FIELD RENDERINGS

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 13 August 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

Yeah, people who've never been here don't get the LFL. You can't just waltz into the Lounge and take a seat unless you already have a spot there. Not just anybody can watch a game from there.

Yep. At least non season ticket holders can now sit in chairbacks instead of bleachers lol

One thing that shocked me was the lack of a designated student section in right field. I thought that was going to be a given. According to the rendering there won't be much of any seating in right. Just a grassy are. Posted Image that. Build it up and stash 5000 drunk asshole students out there. That's what the atmosphere at dudy is lacking. And it's such a simple fix

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 13 August 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

I wish they'd come out with the actual cost because 40 ain't covering it. I have no doubt that state fans will cover whatever expenses necessary to get it built

LOLOLOL.  

Guys on SPS predicted (last night) all the Rebels would be using this talking point today.   LOLOLOLOLOL

FIRE EVERYONE

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 13 August 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

Yeah, people who've never been here don't get the LFL. You can't just waltz into the Lounge and take a seat unless you already have a spot there. Not just anybody can watch a game from there.

New LFL will have a more accessible "concourse" that is welcoming to Non-LFL lizards.

FIRE EVERYONE

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJDawg, on 13 August 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

LOLOLOL.  

Guys on SPS predicted (last night) all the Rebels would be using this talking point today.   LOLOLOLOLOL

I must be missing the hidden joke

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 13 August 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Yep. At least non season ticket holders can now sit in chairbacks instead of bleachers lol

One thing that shocked me was the lack of a designated student section in right field. I thought that was going to be a given. According to the rendering there won't be much of any seating in right. Just a grassy are. :lanekiffin: that. Build it up and stash 5000 drunk asshole students out there. That's what the atmosphere at dudy is lacking. And it's such a simple fix

you sound really butthurt.  its bar-none the best collegiate stadium in the country by a mile.  they absolutely crushed the design.  the students get the berm and most of right field.

Posted Image

they have elevated seating/some sort of right field platform lounge like before and that outfield berm is built up.  most state fans preferred the berm to what yall have based on what people were saying on sps.  we got exactly what we wanted.  based on this pic, there is a ton of dirt brought in for the outfield.  in summary, students will pretty much be down the entire 1st base outfield line, in the circle of fame area (with its own pesky pole mind you), and through the outfield to right center.  its a great setup.  a ton of students will also find their way into LFL as they do traditionally.  its an absolute home run of a design.  janet marie smith and the design team absolutely nailed it.  no matter how you try to poo-poo it, you know your jaw dropped when you saw it and you soon realized that you were Posted Imageed from a facilities standpoint for at least the next decade plus.

no way yall could pull anything like this off in the near future.  cannot be done with the backlog in facilities, recent renovation (as yall always like to remind us), among other differences.  welcome to 6th best in the west for a while.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Lol. I've done nothing but praise it. Bud. Get the Posted Image over yourself.

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 13 August 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

One thing that shocked me was the lack of a designated student section in right field. I thought that was going to be a given. According to the rendering there won't be much of any seating in right. Just a grassy are. :lanekiffin: that. Build it up and stash 5000 drunk asshole students out there. That's what the atmosphere at dudy is lacking. And it's such a simple fix

View PostGoldenRebel, on 14 August 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

Lol. I've done nothing but praise it. Bud. Get the :lanekiffin: over yourself.

you are playing coy.  that stadium is a grand Posted Imageing slam and wont lack in anything and inferring that the best atmosphere in college baseball is somehow lacking is laughable.  as always, there will be chairback seating for students, seating in the right field, and GA on the grass along with the other places i mentioned.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 14 August 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

you are playing coy.  that stadium is a grand Posted Imageing slam and wont lack in anything and inferring that the best atmosphere in college baseball is somehow lacking is laughable.  as always, there will be chairback seating for students, seating in the right field, and GA on the grass along with the other places i mentioned.

The atmosphere at current dudy can be lacking. I go to multiple sec games there every year. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's not. And the lack of a designated student section with 5k rowdy drunks would sure help. And that grassy are is not going to produce this. I just assumed over the last year that y'all were going to build a student only area. Why not do it?  You are building freaking condos.

I love how y'all automatically assumed I'd be jealous. I'm not. It's exciting and I can't wait to go with my bros and sit on the dugouts. State games and om games are two totally different things f

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 14 August 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

The atmosphere at current dudy can be lacking. I go to multiple sec games there every year. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's not. And the lack of a designated student section with 5k rowdy drunks would sure help. And that grassy are is not going to produce this. I just assumed over the last year that y'all were going to build a student only area. Why not do it?  You are building freaking condos.

I love how y'all automatically assumed I'd be jealous. I'm not. It's exciting and I can't wait to go with my bros and sit on the dugouts. State games and om games are two totally different things for me personally. I go to Starkville to chill, eat peanuts, and watch the game from a cozy chairback. And it delivers. I go to swayze to get drunk, party, and have a blast. And it also delivers. We don't need a huge grandstand because our fans don't want to sit there.  Swayze is perfect for our fanbase. We are making some slight changes that you will notice. And somehow we are going to expand outfield sitting areas.

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Feisty.

FIRE EVERYONE

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

This. Its a badass design for sure. Arkansas, State, OM, LSU, and SC all have pretty badass facilities once this gets done. LSU's is probably the worst of the group.

And its not like everyone is just going to sit on their laurels and not expand. Baum is renovated every few years it seems like. The next major expansion should start within the next year or two.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJDawg, on 14 August 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Feisty.

I have too many state friends lol. Not that that's a bad thing. But August and January are long months. So much trash talk

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 14 August 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

I love how y'all automatically assumed I'd be jealous. I'm not. It's exciting and I can't wait to go with my bros and sit on the dugouts. State games and om games are two totally different things for me personally. I go to Starkville to chill, eat peanuts, and watch the game from a cozy chairback. And it delivers. I go to swayze to get drunk, party, and have a blast. And it also delivers. We don't need a huge grandstand because our fans don't want to sit there.  Swayze is perfect for our fanbase. We are making some slight changes that you will notice. And somehow we are going to expand outfield sitting areas.

i havent assumed anything, i merely read your post and it sounded butthurt to me.  there is plenty of seating for students.  not all of them want to sit in the same area.  that is the beauty of it.  there is grandstand seating, berm area seating, LFL seating, take your pick.  if they made a student only structure, it wouldnt be full because many students want to watch it in the LFL or in right field or like back in my day, the bleachers.  people dont want that and i dont blame them for wanting options.

regarding atmosphere, states is bar nun the best.....not my words, but those of several national publications.  om fans poo-poo it all the time and say swaye is better, and thats fine, but they are the only ones that seem to think so.  im not begrudging you opinion, merely sharing mine as well.  om fans are obviously free to think whatever they desire, but those adjectives used in your description (a description of what will be easily the best stadium in the country once built) is petty.  there will be zero let-down when it is unveiled and it fulfills everything we wanted.  if we wanted something like om has, we would build it or people would be asking for it.  nobody is and i have given reasons why something like that wouldnt be ideal at DNF.
Posted Image

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm surprised people actually watch college baseball, much less pay to go watch it.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Has to be at least a minimum of $75 to 85 million to build that.

No fawking way it's $40 million.

Clearly for all of the awesomeness that is State engineering, the economics department is lacking. :trollface:

(3) Ole Miss Rebels  7-0  (4-0)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

Posted Image

Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users