Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics




Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived


Longhorn Meltdown

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#46
DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw

    Redshirt

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,405
  • Joined:
    Jun 2014
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,544
I didn't even know Tejas still had a football team.

#47
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,030
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    10,338
Tears are bigger in Texas
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#48
bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322

    Redshirt

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,947
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,453

View PostMizzouMark, on 10 August 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

Would be nice if we could get a perma Texas 12 opponent, but they're way to busy throwing a tantrum every time a reporter asks them about scheduling a series with us or A&M.

I thought it was funny the other day when Bob Stoops was running his mouth about SEC OOC schedules and Sumlin said "we will schedule OU anytime you would like"

They will bitch and cry but not put their money where there mouths are. I will gladly compare strength of total schedule with any team in the big dumpster fire conference.

Posted Image


#49
Maroonblood

Maroonblood

    Redshirt

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,807
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    894

View PostMizzouMark, on 10 August 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:



Would be nice if we could get a perma Texas 12 opponent, but they're way to busy throwing a tantrum every time a reporter asks them about scheduling a series with us or A&M.

Ain't that some Posted Image?  You always hear the answer, "They're the ones that ran!  They had their chance!"

#50
Maroonblood

Maroonblood

    Redshirt

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,807
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    894

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 10 August 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

I didn't even know Tejas still had a football team.

I kinda like this guy.  No homo...

#51
MizzouMark

MizzouMark

    Redshirt

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,980
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,785

View PostMaroonblood, on 10 August 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

Ain't that some Posted Image?  You always hear the answer, "They're the ones that ran!  They had their chance!"


Those are Fatman Weis's exact words almost... "They're the ones that left, no one kicked them out!".... after someone told him Mizzou would resume the rivalry in all sports anytime they wanted.


I mean when you're getting beat by north and south dakota schools I wouldn't want to schedule a real opponent either

Edited by MizzouMark, 10 August 2014 - 09:07 PM.

2013 & 2014 SEC East Champions

Posted Image

#52
Maroonblood

Maroonblood

    Redshirt

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,807
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    894

View PostGidnik, on 10 August 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:


What everyone else doesn't know is that will never happen.  We will always be out biggest rival. Texas aggys number 1 rival will always be texas. We are forever the team that everyone circles on their calendar and that will never change.

Posted Image

#53
Maroonblood

Maroonblood

    Redshirt

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,807
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    894

View PostMizzouMark, on 10 August 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:




Those are Fatman Weis's exact words almost... "They're the ones that left, no one kicked them out!".... after someone told him Mizzou would resume the rivalry in all sports anytime they wanted.


I mean when you're getting beat by north and south dakota schools I wouldn't want to schedule a real opponent either

His big ass has another losing season he won't have to worry about wanting to schedule Mizzou.

#54
zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,718
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,136

View Postbbqit, on 10 August 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

What Texas fans are starting to realize is they are about to become yesterday's news to Oklahoma like tenn became to Alabama.

Or Ole Miss to anyone

#55
SECorBust

SECorBust

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,480
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,671
It's awesomely ironic that the poster is complaining about the LHN lacking reach when the existence of the LHN was one of the big reasons that aTm and others bolted from the conference.  They get what they deserve.  Is having them in the SEC worth it?  IDK.  I think our conference is a bit stronger while theirs is weaker.  I'm surprised that the poster did not mention WVU.  We have no QB and still I'm not really worried about them.

Posted Image


#56
JL 103

JL 103

    Lord of Knoxville

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,027
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    295
I bet TU hates snubbing the PAC12 now. Its ironic how they were the belles at the ball a few years ago, and now they are the ugly step-sister i their state. It couldn't have happened to a better fan base.

Edited by JL 103, 14 August 2014 - 04:06 AM.


#57
ALA2262

ALA2262

    Redshirt

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,691
  • Joined:
    Sep 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    442

View PostSECorBust, on 11 August 2014 - 08:00 AM, said:

It's awesomely ironic that the poster is complaining about the LHN lacking reach when the existence of the LHN was one of the big reasons that aTm and others bolted from the conference.  They get what they deserve.  Is having them in the SEC worth it?  IDK.  I think our conference is a bit stronger while theirs is weaker.  I'm surprised that the poster did not mention WVU.  We have no QB and still I'm not really worried about them.

"The ultimate and crushing irony of the Longhorn Network for Texas fans? It's going to end up making more money for hated rival Texas A&M than it is for Texas."    

http://www.foxsports...tre-dame-072314


#58
SECorBust

SECorBust

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,480
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,671

View PostALA2262, on 14 August 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:



"The ultimate and crushing irony of the Longhorn Network for Texas fans? It's going to end up making more money for hated rival Texas A&M than it is for Texas."    

http://www.foxsports...tre-dame-072314

Tell them to stop plagiarizing my Posted Image.

Posted Image