Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Florida's Hargreaves III injured

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Merlinistic Point of View

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostYellow, on 08 August 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

Al Harris Jr., Is he the son of the Al Harris that played for the packers? AL is one of my all time favorite packers.
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 08 August 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

Not sure you can spin this Into a positive. Having large groups of teammates fighting( or having a scuffle or skirmish or whatever) isn't a good thing.

Spin it? Who's spinning anything? I damn sure hope there's some scrapping and brawls or we're in some serious trouble 3 weeks out.

Have you ever been to a practice at a top level program where 70 or 80 alpha males, who were all the best player on the field at any given time when they were in hs, are all fighting for 46 spots?

There's pushing, shoving, scrapping, and fighting at every other practice, including yours; especially preseason when starting rosters have yet to be established.

I know you're praying UF stays down and doesn't have a resurgence, and that a bunch of players behaving with passion and fire doesn't bode well for those prayers; but no need to be blatantly naive about something that's so common and routine... it's a bad look.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

Yellow

Yellow

Dood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 08 August 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

Al Harris Jr., Is he the son of the Al Harris that played for the packers? AL is one of my all time favorite packers.

Yes sir and he is going to be a good one from everything I hear...

http://www.postandco.../PC20/140209799
Formerly known as cocky87

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgatorbait2014, on 07 August 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

If its serious or not, it happened because our DB's and WR's got into a little "brawl". I wasn't there, and I doubt it was a real brawl, but for him to possibly be injured because of something like dumb like that would be a tough pill to swallow

http://www.onlygator...nee/#more-75281

This is typical. When you hit the same faces twice a day for two weeks you get tired of their mouth and their schit. Brawls are common. LB and RB's, WR and DB's it happens some times they break it up and move on some times you run.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 08 August 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

I'm not saying he doesn't have control or whatever... But action follows leadership, and UF has usually been ranked pretty high in personal fouls under Muschamp right? This isn't a good sign that they're learning to control their emotions. I guess you can say it means they're just fired up....we'll find out soon.

You know, the internet is a pretty big place with lots of information at your fingertips.

Had you used any of it, you'd know we are typically at the bottom of the SEC in penalties virtually every single year, and were under both Meyer and Spurrier as well... Muschamp isn't doing anything unusual as far as UF is concerned.

In the SEC under Meyer, we were 11th of 12 in 2010, 9th of 12 in 2009, 11th of 12 in 2008 when we won the NC, 11th of 12 in 2007, 12th of 12 (dead last) in 2006 when we won the NC, and 12th of 12 in 2005.

Under Spurrier I'll go back as far as I can find numbers, but I already know we were one of the most penalized teams in the country in 1996 when he won our 1st NC.

In 2001 under Spurrier, we were 11th of 12, and in 2000 we were 10th of 12.

Unfortunately penalty stats aren't available prior to 2000; but I think you get the picture... 3 NC teams and the coaches for those teams were no different than Muschamp; we played a very agressive brand of ball.

Spurrier may have mellowed with age; but he was a fiery sumbitch back in the day and wanted his teams playing the same way, even if it cost us in penalties in the short term. It was a calculated risk that he figured the pros outweighed the cons.
Posted ImagePosted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 08 August 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Spin it? Who's spinning anything? I damn sure hope there's some scrapping and brawls or we're in some serious trouble 3 weeks out.

Have you ever been to a practice at a top level program where 70 or 80 alpha males, who were all the best player on the field at any given time when they were in hs, are all fighting for 46 spots?

There's pushing, shoving, scrapping, and fighting at every other practice, including yours; especially preseason when starting rosters have yet to be established.

I know you're praying UF stays down and doesn't have a resurgence, and that a bunch of players behaving with passion and fire doesn't bode well for those prayers; but no need to be blatantly naive about something that's so common and routine... it's a bad look.

Yes skirmishes are common place....but fights so bad that players stepping in end up with bruised leg bones aren't.

As far as the penalties, I didn't say just penalties... I said personal foul calls. Since you have so much time to research where UF ranked in late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct, and other penalties that would be indicative of a team that can't it's emotions. Hell, look at your HC. I wonder where they get it from.

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So we've established that the Cocks and Gators fight each other a lot.  Richt says y'all need to go to church.
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Cocky, I'm going to kick your e-ass if you don't lay off Muschamp!

*full homer mode engaged*

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 08 August 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

Hell, look at your HC. I wonder where they get it from.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 906
Newest Purchase: Oculus

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by´╗┐ human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Can't deny he's a total badass though.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 08 August 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

Yes skirmishes are common place....but fights so bad that players stepping in end up with bruised leg bones aren't.

As far as the penalties, I didn't say just penalties... I said personal foul calls. Since you have so much time to research where UF ranked in late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct, and other penalties that would be indicative of a team that can't it's emotions. Hell, look at your HC. I wonder where they get it from.

:lol:  Dude got a bruised bone because of the awkward nature of his breakup attempt.

This is football, and despite the NCAA's best efforts to turn it into a powder-puff sport, it's still a contact sport... in every sense of the word and in every situation.

I have no idea how the penalty counts break down, and it isn't in the stats; but I know these teams aren't playing any differently than when Meyer or your current coach was at UF... the breakdown is very similar I'm quite certain.

And of course they're getting it from our head coach; thank God for Muschamp and his brand of head coaching... he's a throwback to the old days.

He's just what we needed when we needed it; he inherited a team where the patients were running the asylum, and he straightened that nonsense out with the quickness and put the balance of power back in the hands of the staff.

In case you missed it; this has also been the best off-season for UF in recent memory in terms of discipline and avoiding arrests... the man has put the fear of Coach in their behinds, and it's been refreshing to have an iron fist in charge for a change.

You're welcome to continue trying to spin the non-story into a story; but if your motive is to worry Gator fans, it ain't going to work on the ones who've been paying attention for anything longer than 5 years.
Posted ImagePosted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 08 August 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

Can't deny he's a total badass though.

I feel like I can take care of myself pretty good, but I'm not gonna lie... I wouldn't want to fight him.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
UF's Locker Room

Posted Image

Edited by Dawgfan4life24, 08 August 2014 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 1-0 (0-0)

Posted Image

gatorbait2014

gatorbait2014
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA10Rebel, on 08 August 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

This is typical. When you hit the same faces twice a day for two weeks you get tired of their mouth and their schit. Brawls are common. LB and RB's, WR and DB's it happens some times they break it up and move on some times you run.

You're right. I was just borderline meltdown last night thinking about a season without VH3 because of something like that.
Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 08 August 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

Not sure you can spin this Into a positive. Having large groups of teammates fighting( or having a scuffle or skirmish or whatever) isn't a good thing.

Better to have coaches fighting right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users