Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Florida's Hargreaves III injured

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 08 August 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

I'm going to give you a pass because I also have gone full homer mode this close to kickoff.
But this happens all the time at every school.

Well I haven't seen the video so I don't know...but there haven't been any reports of skirmishes so bad that other people had to jump in to stop it here at SC. And if it happens all the time then why did they have to run gassers?

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 08 August 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

Well I haven't seen the video so I don't know...but there haven't been any reports of skirmishes so bad that other people had to jump in to stop it here at SC. And if it happens all the time then why did they have to run gassers?

This happens to 1 or 2 schools every offseason, although most don't get blown up over and injury to an All American.
They run gassers because they shouldn't be taking out aggression on each other.

Edited by JoeGator, 08 August 2014 - 06:28 AM.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I meltdown pretty hard, but I actually like that this happened.
That's how worried I am about Muschamp "not having control" or a "divided lockerroom" or whatever bullsh** people make up.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 08 August 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

I meltdown pretty hard, but I actually like that this happened.
That's how worried I am about Muschamp "not having control" or a "divided lockerroom" or whatever bullsh** people make up.

I'm not saying he doesn't have control or whatever... But action follows leadership, and UF has usually been ranked pretty high in personal fouls under Muschamp right? This isn't a good sign that they're learning to control their emotions. I guess you can say it means they're just fired up....we'll find out soon.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 08 August 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

I'm not saying he doesn't have control or whatever... But action follows leadership, and UF has usually been ranked pretty high in personal fouls under Muschamp right? This isn't a good sign that they're learning to control their emotions. I guess you can say it means they're just fired up....we'll find out soon.

That's where I lean.
And I expect we will lead the conference in ejections every year.
Since he came here, our DBs have gotten a lot of personal fouls. He said he prefers they be aggressive and get a PF than not be aggressive enough.

Yellow

Yellow

Dood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@cocky4ever we actually did have a skirmish that was bad enough to have coach stop practice all together and run wind sprints the rest of the day.

This stuff happens. Good to see it was nothing serious.
Formerly known as cocky87

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostYellow, on 08 August 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

@cocky4ever we actually did have a skirmish that was bad enough to have coach stop practice all together and run wind sprints the rest of the day.

This stuff happens. Good to see it was nothing serious.

Ok... I remember hearing about an instance a few years ago, bt hadn't heard anything recently. Who was it, or has anyone said?

Yellow

Yellow

Dood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 08 August 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

Ok... I remember hearing about an instance a few years ago, bt hadn't heard anything recently. Who was it, or has anyone said?

http://www.cockytalk...ad.php?t=208540

It was an interesting night to say the least. The offense and defense were mouthing at each other pretty much from the time they came onto the field until coach Spurrier blew the whistle to stop practice. The team was in shells today and that allowed for a little more contact than the previous workouts and it led to some “spirted” action that exploded during the 11 on 11. There were a few late shots and some mouthing between players during the skels along with some extra bumping and shoving after several plays. During the full team drills the offense and defense were like cheering each other on when one of the groups got the better of the other during the individual plays. Sometime shortly towards the end of the practice the offense ran a running play to Shon Carson who broke off a nice run of about 25-30 yards. Right after the coaches blew the whistle to end the play a group of about 4 players ended up shoving and swinging at each other over on the far sideline right under the camera tower at mid field of both practice fields. It led to about half of the team going at it with a couple of pretty ugly looking fights going on in the middle of all of it, with players on the ground and swinging away at each other. The coaches finally got a handle on it and resumed practice, but on the next play, Dylan threw a long pass downfield to Shaq Roland who was guarded by Al Harris Jr. The ball was in the air and Shaq got a couple of steps behind Harris, when Al grabbed Shaq and pulled him down to the ground. The ref threw the flag for interference but Harris ran up to Roland and got facemask to facemask and they were yelling at each other walking back to the line. Harris walked away but Roland wasn’t finished, and walked over to Harris and gave him an extra shove, knocking the ball out of his hands and several of the other players had to step in and separate them. It looked like order had been restored for about five minutes worth of plays then Carson broke up the middle clean on another running play and just as the whistle blew to stop the play, TJ Gurley ran up to Carson and put a shoulder in his chest and knocked him backwards and off his feet. Both benches sides started towards each other as if it were going to be a full team brawl, but Coach Spurrier got in the middle of it, blew the whistle and ended the practice. When I left the field he had the team at the North goal line running sprints. I would imagine those were going to be going on for quiet a while tonight.

Edited by Yellow, 08 August 2014 - 06:57 AM.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
^^

Glad to see our players are fired up

Yellow

Yellow

Dood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 08 August 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

^^

Glad to see our players are fired up

Yeah there is some good to be found, players are ready to start. Usually they are sluggish with just shells on.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostYellow, on 08 August 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

Yeah there is some good to be found, players are ready to start. Usually they are sluggish with just shells on.

This year's vibe has definitely been different. Usually Spurrier is just worried about getting the playbook installed and keeping everyone healthy. It seems like they've been going for a more aggressive approach this year, but I'm guessing they'll reel it in a little after that fiasco.

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bone bruise eh?  Sounds Posted Imageing painful.

Heard this blurb on the radio yesterday:
Everybody's hurt. That's what you have to understand: Everybody's hurt. The day you play football will be the last day you're pain-free. It's a physical game; you're going to be hurt. But being injured and hurt are two different things.

It's nothing that's really new to any of us fanatics, but it's something that's rarely talked about in the mainstream media.  People don't like to think that their teams get into brawls in practice or that guys get out there and play with screws in their hand or a catheter in their wiener.

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 08 August 2014 - 07:20 AM, said:

People don't like to think that guys get out there and play with a catheter in their wiener.

Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 07 August 2014 - 07:53 PM, said:

You gotta be kidding me

UF cannot buy a break on injuries

They caused it.

Not only are the blocking each other, now they are beating each others ass.

Sucks too, i enjoy watching VH3 play, (except when he plays Georgia)

Edited by Dawgfan4life24, 08 August 2014 - 07:50 AM.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 5-1 (3-1)

Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 08 August 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

That's where I lean.
And I expect we will lead the conference in ejections every year.
Since he came here, our DBs have gotten a lot of personal fouls. He said he prefers they be aggressive and get a PF than not be aggressive enough.

Yea but some of those are bullPosted Image. That one on your safety last year against Mizzou was horse Posted Image. I was happy it happened due to UF losing, but from the outside looking in , BullPosted Image call.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 5-1 (3-1)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users