Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Florida's Hargreaves III injured

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Around The SEC @AroundTheSEC
Follow
Florida's Vernon Hargreaves III carried off the field with a knee injury. Would be an enormous blow for the Gators.
8:46 PM - 7 Aug 2014

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Damn.....hate to hear that. Hopefully it's nothing serious, but "carried off the field" doesn't sound good.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You gotta be kidding me

UF cannot buy a break on injuries
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not that serious. Twitter blew it out of proportion. He wasn't carried off, he got up and walked over to the sideline where they checked him out and after about twenty minutes of icing and walking around they decided to keep him out because there's still a long time until the Idaho game, so there's no reason for him to hurry back.

IIRC, he had the exact same injury last fall camp too.

Edited by ShaunMac, 07 August 2014 - 08:32 PM.

Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 07 August 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

Not that serious. Twitter blew it out of proportion. He wasn't carried off, he got up and walked over to the sideline where they checked him out and after about twenty minutes of icing and walking around they decided to keep him out because there's still a long time until the Idaho game, so there's no reason for him to hurry back.

From what I saw, he had to be helped walking off the field and he didn't put much weight on it.

gatorbait2014

gatorbait2014
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If its serious or not, it happened because our DB's and WR's got into a little "brawl". I wasn't there, and I doubt it was a real brawl, but for him to possibly be injured because of something like dumb like that would be a tough pill to swallow

http://www.onlygator...nee/#more-75281
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 07 August 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

From what I saw, he had to be helped walking off the field and he didn't put much weight on it.

Just a knee sprain(or hyperextension) from what I've heard. Reason why it happened was stupid, the team was doing something similar to oklahoma's, a safety went up against a walk on RB, Safety lit him, RB isn't a pussy so he said lets do it again and he won that time, caused the offense to go crazy. That's what started a lot of Posted Image talking from both sides after every rep. well after a few reps someone didn't like something and the two who were repping started shoving, the guys who were there went to break it up and something happened to VH3 as he was helping the break up.

Champ made the entire team run a lot of gassers afterwards
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 07 August 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Just a knee sprain(or hyperextension) from what I've heard. Reason why it happened was stupid, the team was doing something similar to oklahoma's, a safety went up against a walk on RB, Safety lit him, RB isn't a pussy so he said lets do it again and he won that time, caused the offense to go crazy. That's what started a lot of Posted Image talking from both sides after every rep. well after a few reps someone didn't like something and the two who were repping started shoving, the guys who were there went to break it up and something happened to VH3 as he was helping the break up.

Champ made the entire team run a lot of gassers afterwards

They're going to be playing with a huge chip on their shoulder after last year; hope they save some of that aggression for our opponents.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@snd_Gators: RT @gatorzonefb: Update from @coachwmuschamp: "An MRI revealed that Vernon Hargreaves suffered a bone bruise and he is listed as day to day."
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 07 August 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

@snd_Gators: RT @gatorzonefb: Update from @coachwmuschamp: "An MRI revealed that Vernon Hargreaves suffered a bone bruise and he is listed as day to day."

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

shanksta13

shanksta13
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 07 August 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

That was probably partly my fault. I used the word 'brawl,' which was probably a little extreme. Skirmish or scuffle are probably better words to describe what happened. Regardless, he was definitely carried off to the sideline without putting much weight on the leg, and walking around is generous to describe what he did after getting to the medical tent. I'd say more hobbled or limped to and from, and only a few steps at a time.

Hopefully it's nothing serious, but the proof will be in the pudding at this point. No reason to worry if he doesn't practice for a week or two, but if he's still iffy come the opener, probably time to be a little concerned.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 07 August 2014 - 09:03 PM, said:

They're going to be playing with a huge chip on their shoulder after last year; hope they save some of that aggression for our opponents.

Not sure you can spin this Into a positive. Having large groups of teammates fighting( or having a scuffle or skirmish or whatever) isn't a good thing.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshanksta13, on 08 August 2014 - 12:44 AM, said:

That was probably partly my fault. I used the word 'brawl,' which was probably a little extreme. Skirmish or scuffle are probably better words to describe what happened. Regardless, he was definitely carried off to the sideline without putting much weight on the leg, and walking around is generous to describe what he did after getting to the medical tent. I'd say more hobbled or limped to and from, and only a few steps at a time.

Hopefully it's nothing serious, but the proof will be in the pudding at this point. No reason to worry if he doesn't practice for a week or two, but if he's still iffy come the opener, probably time to be a little concerned.

Yours was the least dramatic of all the reported "brawls".
Everyone went straight to divided lockerroom and ACL tears.

See? vvvv

View Postcocky4ever, on 08 August 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

Not sure you can spin this Into a positive. Having large groups of teammates fighting( or having a scuffle or skirmish or whatever) isn't a good thing.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 08 August 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

See? vvvv

If it was bad enough that other people had to jump in to stop it then t can't be  good....especially if it was so hectic that one of the people trying stop it ended up getting hurt.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 08 August 2014 - 06:08 AM, said:

If it was bad enough that other people had to jump in to stop it then t can't be  good....especially if it was so hectic that one of the people trying stop it ended up getting hurt.

I'm going to give you a pass because I also have gone full homer mode this close to kickoff.
But this happens all the time at every school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users