Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Power 5 Only Scheduling

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 07 August 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

Ok...that makes sense. I thought he was saying he agreed with it as in "it" referring to the "only play from power 5 conferences".
I was. You were right. Didn't add up. I just don't see how you can kill the cupcakes entirely though.  Those programs depend almost entirely on the Big 5 games they play.  I guess what I was getting at is if we have to keep cupcakes on the schedule (which I don't want but see as necessary for their programs sake) I'd want them to be in state only. I don't give a damn about Louisiana Monroe or Middle Tennessee State. Send my ticket money to Morehead State or Murray State instead.  I'm sure you'd rather play Citadel than Eastern Kentucky.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Maybe Ole Miss could take in Tulane as our farm team? Double our allowed recruits. At any time we could pull up a player or an assistant coach. Depth wouldn't be as much a problem and non starters would get plenty of playing time. Add to that we go to New Orleans to watch them on our bye week.

Alabama could get uab
Auburn - south Alabama
Lsu - la Monroe
ATM - southern miss
Ark - ark st
Msu - Jackson st
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

FAN

FAN

The Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I kinda like both sides of the argument. Initially I thought it was a great idea to play only power 5 teams. What do you guys think about just having an exhibition game against an in state lower level program that doesn't reflect the win/loss record? I mean instead of a spring game why not just schedule LSU vs. Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns, or Kentucky vs. Eastern Kentucky or whatever? Think of it like pre-season. Schedule 2 teams if you want.

Edited by FAN, 16 August 2014 - 02:10 PM.