Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Top 25 Dream Jobs of College football

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Even with all those advantages if UF doesn't get it together quick FSU looks to be headed for another run of beating the brakes off UF. I hope UF does FSU like last year is one of the few programs that can consistently compete with the SEC.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 07 August 2014 - 12:19 AM, said:

O_o  They do? New to this football thing, huh?

FSU was the Posted Imageing girls' school in the state until 1947, so didn't even start playing football until then.

FSU has an annual endowment of $548 million; UF's is $1.36 billion, with a B.

FSU has a grand total of 12 National Championships in 7 sports; only 6 are NCAA titles. UF has 33 NC's in 13 different sports; 28 are NCAA titles.

UF just went 4-8 and still had more than 12,000 per game better attendance (87,440 per game, good for #10 in the country) than FSU (75,421, good for #18) who won the freaking NC. http://stats.ncaa.or...MFB&division=11

UF's athletic department brought in $129,505,644 last year, $74,820,287 by the football team. FSU's athletic department brought in more than $40 million less, $89,145,159; and more than $30 million less by the football team, $43,085,121. http://ope.ed.gov/at...tutionData.aspx

And during a season in which UF went 4-8 and FSU won the NC, UF STILL had more merchandise sales than FSU; UF ranked #6 in the nation and FSU #8. http://www.clc.com/N...gs-2013-14.aspx

If this was a prize fight, it'd have been a 1st round KO for the Gators.

Whats funny is that fsu was on the national stage beforr uf even though they used to be a womens school. If you want to talk their money... go ahead I know nothing of it, however I know they have been and still are in abgreat recruiting area. They have just about as much of a chance to pull in an as good class or better than uf.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 07 August 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

Whats funny is that fsu was on the national stage beforr uf even though they used to be a womens school. If you want to talk their money... go ahead I know nothing of it, however I know they have been and still are in abgreat recruiting area. They have just about as much of a chance to pull in an as good class or better than uf.

Yep, I was right, you are new to this college football thing.

FSU wasn't on the national stage before UF; UF was on the national stage since 1933 when the SEC was created, and finished ranked #15 in 1952.

FSU wouldn't find their way to a final poll until 1964.

UF has been ranked 555 times since the AP poll was created in 1936, good for 11th all-time; FSU has been ranked 506 times, good for 15th.

The all-time series record is 34-22-2 in UF's favor. UF has had winning streaks of 9 games, 6 games, 6 games, and 3 games. FSU's longest streak has been 4 games, and they've done it twice.

Of course they can pull in great classes; they're in the richest recruiting state in the country... they'll always get theirs. But when the 2 teams have similar seasons, they're at a significant disadvantage because they play in a lame conference.

If you read the article, the reason several teams are considered such great jobs is because they're recruiting players to the SEC; it's a huge draw... and it is in Florida too. So, no, they don't have a chance to pull in classes as great as UF, except when UF has a down season and FSU has an exceptional one.

FSU did manage to win a NC 4 years before UF; but that's to be expected when 1 team plays in the ACC and the other plays in the SEC. That was the whole reason Bowden rejected the SEC offer to join the conference and joined the ACC instead.

He knew 2 things, the ACC would offer little resistance to undefeated seasons and a clear path to NC games; and he also knew his team would almost never get beat up during an ACC regular season like it would in an SEC regular season; so his teams, while not tested at all, would still be healthy and relatively fresh when they got to the big game at the end of the year.

Bottom line, FSU will have 2 or 3 games every year where the other team belongs on the field with them; and if not for UF at the end of the year, they'd already have more NC rings than any team not named Bama, Notre Dame, Michigan, or USC. We've beat them in 1 NC game, and knocked them out of a half dozen others.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 07 August 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:

Even with all those advantages if UF doesn't get it together quick FSU looks to be headed for another run of beating the brakes off UF. I hope UF does FSU like last year is one of the few programs that can consistently compete with the SEC.

I think it's important to note, however, that FSU benefited from playing an AU team that wasn't a typical SEC champion team; AU's defense last year ranked #12 out of 14 teams.

2013 FSU wouldn't have beaten any of the previous SEC NC teams, except maybe 2010 AU, whose defense ranked #9 out of 12.
Posted ImagePosted Image

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 07 August 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

Yep, I was right, you are new to this college football thing.

FSU wasn't on the national stage before UF; UF was on the national stage since 1933 when the SEC was created, and finished ranked #15 in 1952.

FSU wouldn't find their way to a final poll until 1964.

UF has been ranked 555 times since the AP poll was created in 1936, good for 11th all-time; FSU has been ranked 506 times, good for 15th.

The all-time series record is 34-22-2 in UF's favor. UF has had winning streaks of 9 games, 6 games, 6 games, and 3 games. FSU's longest streak has been 4 games, and they've done it twice.

Of course they can pull in great classes; they're in the richest recruiting state in the country... they'll always get theirs. But when the 2 teams have similar seasons, they're at a significant disadvantage because they play in a lame conference.

If you read the article, the reason several teams are considered such great jobs is because they're recruiting players to the SEC; it's a huge draw... and it is in Florida too. So, no, they don't have a chance to pull in classes as great as UF, except when UF has a down season and FSU has an exceptional one.

FSU did manage to win a NC 4 years before UF; but that's to be expected when 1 team plays in the ACC and the other plays in the SEC. That was the whole reason Bowden rejected the SEC offer to join the conference and joined the ACC instead.

He knew 2 things, the ACC would offer little resistance to undefeated seasons and a clear path to NC games; and he also knew his team would almost never get beat up during an ACC regular season like it would in an SEC regular season; so his teams, while not tested at all, would still be healthy and relatively fresh when they got to the big game at the end of the year.

Bottom line, FSU will have 2 or 3 games every year where the other team belongs on the field with them; and if not for UF at the end of the year, they'd already have more NC rings than any team not named Bama, Notre Dame, Michigan, or USC. We've beat them in 1 NC game, and knocked them out of a half dozen others.

Winning a national championship is the national stage in my opinion. Uf and fsu both have three, and most recent nod goes to fsu. I know you guys hate them, but the only short fall fsu has to uf is sec claim. All other claims of superiority that uf has in their region over fsu could be changed in a short period of time if fsu so wished.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 07 August 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

the only short fall fsu has to uf is sec claim. All other claims of superiority that uf has in their region over fsu could be changed in a short period of time if fsu so wished.

No it can't because f$u will never have the money that UF has.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I can't believe UF gets that much money from their Alumni, guess selling meth provides a high profit margin

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 07 August 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

I can't believe UF gets that much money from their Alumni, guess selling meth provides a high profit margin

Isn't UF a heavy hitter in terms of academics? Maybe second only to Vandy?

Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 07 August 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Oh you know I'm just trollin/hating.... I don't know if they are THAT big of a heavy hitter. I know they are no slouch but I don't know how prestigious it is.

Edit: Just with a quick google... Vandy, UF, and UGA are the only schools in the top 100 in academics in that order

Edited by GatorHater24, 07 August 2014 - 06:05 PM.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 07 August 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

Winning a national championship is the national stage in my opinion. Uf and fsu both have three, and most recent nod goes to fsu. I know you guys hate them, but the only short fall fsu has to uf is sec claim. All other claims of superiority that uf has in their region over fsu could be changed in a short period of time if fsu so wished.

Not only couldn't it be changed in a short period of time; your great-great-great-grandchildren won't see it change... it simply will never happen.

UF has always been the superior school, but since the early '90's, when it really started becoming tough to get in because the state population had passed 15 million, FSU became the school where folks ended up once they'd received their rejection letter from UF.

Everybody tries for UF first; but enrollment has become very selective. These Florida schools all have over 40,000 students and rank in the Top 10 in enrollment: #2 UCF (59,770), #4 FIU (52,980), #8 UF (49,042). http://en.wikipedia....s_by_enrollment FSU and USF also have over 40,000 students each.

It's an inferior school in every conceivable way; and the opinion doesn't have anything to do with hate... both my parents went to both schools; it's just simple, cold, hard facts.

And football NC's don't and won't ever change any of it. Hell, Miami has 5 NC's and they're in even worse shape than FSU.

View Postcocky4ever, on 07 August 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

No it can't because f$u will never have the money that UF has.

Bingo, and as the article pointed out, the disparity is only about to get much bigger once the SEC Network dough starts rolling in.

View Postzartan, on 07 August 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Typically we're 2nd to Vandy, but this past year TAMU and UF actually finished ahead of them in one of the rankings.

In the SEC, pretty much have to start with the AAU schools, at least in terms of research, which would be VU, UF, TAMU, and Mizzou. But, in overall rankings...

World Rankings
VU, UF (#128), TAMU, USC, UGA, Mizzou in the Top 400 in that order. Miami is #185 and FSU doesn't even make the cut. Florida Tech and USF rank ahead of FSU. :lol:  - http://www.timeshigh...n/north-america

TAMU, UF (#179), VU, OM, UT, UGA, Mizzou, UK in the Top 500 in that order. Miami is #232 and FSU is #422. - http://www.topuniver...s=false search=

VU, UF (#71), TAMU, UGA, UT, LSU, UK, Mizzou, USC, AU, UAr in the Top 500 in that order. FSU is #156 and Miami is #186. - http://www.shanghair...m/ARWU2013.html

In the U.S. News ranking of Top U.S. universities, which grades on more than just academics, like campus life and includes student interviews about things like party/night life, it's VU, UF (#49), UGA, TAMU, Bama, AU, and Mizzou in the Top 100 in that order. FSU is #91. - http://colleges.usne...ersities/spp 50

Edited by GatorUnvrsty, 07 August 2014 - 08:35 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users