Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Top 25 Dream Jobs of College football

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 05 August 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

Are you new to college football?

How new are you implying? I mean ive got twenty something cognitive years invested, but I havent been following since the 1940's like some posters around here.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 05 August 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

How new are you implying? I mean ive got twenty something cognitive years invested, but I havent been following since the 1940's like some posters around here.

from the article....

Except when it comes to revenues, FSU fits the SEC. Because even with their recent title FSU struggles to compete with other schools when it comes to revenue and fan support. Did you know that Florida State is just the 24th largest athletic department in the country, smaller than schools like Kansas, Minnesota, Louisville and Iowa?
With the rise of the SEC Network, the Big Ten Network's continued growth and the Pac 12's geographic landscape, that money gap is only going to increase for the Seminoles. Couple that with FSU having to sell an inferior conference to recruits and the long-term trend lines of FSU simply aren't as robust as other schools in the region. This is a good job, not a great job.

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 05 August 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

from the article....

Except when it comes to revenues, FSU fits the SEC. Because even with their recent title FSU struggles to compete with other schools when it comes to revenue and fan support. Did you know that Florida State is just the 24th largest athletic department in the country, smaller than schools like Kansas, Minnesota, Louisville and Iowa?
With the rise of the SEC Network, the Big Ten Network's continued growth and the Pac 12's geographic landscape, that money gap is only going to increase for the Seminoles. Couple that with FSU having to sell an inferior conference to recruits and the long-term trend lines of FSU simply aren't as robust as other schools in the region. This is a good job, not a great job.

Yeah, but you can make about the same argument for Tejas, on the last two lines. Sounds like FSU is quite sufficient with a smaller AD.

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Texas has to be 1. They have double/triple the money any other school has. Play in the Big 12/10.

Michigan should be top 10 also.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 05 August 2014 - 08:55 AM, said:

I'd take the UT job, just to run them further into the ground.

Yes...yes....yes
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 05 August 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

When Brooks had us ranked there was 20 times more football then basketball chatter going on in December around here

So you disguise yourself as a basketball school because your turrible at football?
Keith Ford.png
#4 Oklahoma Sooners 34
Tennessee 10

#4 Oklahoma 3-0 (0-0) @ WVU 2-1 Sept 20th

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 05 August 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

So you disguise yourself as a basketball school because your turrible at football?
No.  We're both. We're clearly the biggest basketball school in the country....#1 all-time, a bazillion records, #1 attendance annually, etc.  But people act like we dont care about football. We do. 60k avg last year (capacity is 68K currently until expansion completes) and a lot of folks are bitter after Joker so theyre waiting for Stoops to deliver before getting season. Tickets. 50K for Stoops first Spring game, 35K this season for it with half the stadium shut down for construction.  Do you see numbers like that at Louisville? Duke? Kansas? North Carolina?  The answer is definitely no.  But like you said, football has gotten by being half added because fans would turn to basketball when November rolled around instead of demanding changes. Brooks showed us the light and we ran Joker, one of our own, out of town in 3 seasons. Times are changing here, finally.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 05 August 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

F$U doesn't have the support to do anything on their own.
They just won a natty while Florida went 4-8 and still finished behind UF in revenue.
They put classrooms into their stadium so they could use taxpayer money to build it.
Their boosters are worthless and so are their "fans".

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWDavE, on 04 August 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

My pick as a coach would be Kentucky in football.

..........Posted Image.........

Edited by The Joker, 06 August 2014 - 07:24 AM.

Posted Image

Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 906
Newest Purchase: Oculus

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by´╗┐ human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Before all the conference money started rolling in the money difference meant a lot. Now days most the places have the facilities necessary to compete.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 04 August 2014 - 03:53 PM, said:

Suck it Gumps

You did see us at #5 no...lmmfao

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bama at #5 is cool..  if I'm a great coach and I want to leave my legacy though.

What great quote did Gen Neyland give?
What kinda suit did Shug Jordon wear?

What y'all know about that houndstooth? Roll Tide!
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 06 August 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

You did see us at #5 no...lmmfao

Anytime you're not number 1, I'm happy

Like right now
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 04 August 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

I'm surprised FSU is so low. I mean they have every benefit that UF has minus muskrat

O_o  They do? New to this football thing, huh?

FSU was the Posted Imageing girls' school in the state until 1947, so didn't even start playing football until then.

FSU has an annual endowment of $548 million; UF's is $1.36 billion, with a B.

FSU has a grand total of 12 National Championships in 7 sports; only 6 are NCAA titles. UF has 33 NC's in 13 different sports; 28 are NCAA titles.

UF just went 4-8 and still had more than 12,000 per game better attendance (87,440 per game, good for #10 in the country) than FSU (75,421, good for #18) who won the freaking NC. http://stats.ncaa.or...MFB&division=11

UF's athletic department brought in $129,505,644 last year, $74,820,287 by the football team. FSU's athletic department brought in more than $40 million less, $89,145,159; and more than $30 million less by the football team, $43,085,121. http://ope.ed.gov/at...tutionData.aspx

And during a season in which UF went 4-8 and FSU won the NC, UF STILL had more merchandise sales than FSU; UF ranked #6 in the nation and FSU #8. http://www.clc.com/N...gs-2013-14.aspx

If this was a prize fight, it'd have been a 1st round KO for the Gators.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users