Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Georgia QB Hutson Mason honors late friend Philip Lutzenkirchen

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Posted Image

A current University of Georgia standout is honoring the memory of a former teammate that played for one of the Bulldogs' biggest rivals.

Georgia Bulldogs' Hutson Mason, Georgia's starting quarterback, showed up at the team's media session on Friday wearing an orange and blue pin with the No. 43 on it. Mason plans to wear the pin to honor his late friend and former high school teammate Philip Lutzenkirchen. The former Auburn Tiger tight end passed away in a car accident in late June.

Lutzenkirchen and Mason were teammates at Lassiter High School in Marietta, Ga. During Lutzenkirchen's senior season, he caught 59 passes for 877 yards and seven touchdowns. Mason, a then-junior, was on the throwing end of those passes.

Although the two players ended up at rival colleges, they remained in touch on a monthly basis. In fact, Mason spoke with Lutzenkirchen the night before the tragic accident.

"He really reached out to me on that Friday, telling me how he was rooting for me and asking how my summer was going," Mason said during the media session. "I told him that it was going good, and I can remember just the feeling of, 'Man, it was good to hear from him,' because I always looked up to Philip. He was always that superstar."

Mason admits that the conversation is one that "gives me a lot of peace."

"It's a conversation I'll cherish," Mason told the Marietta Daily Journal. "It seemed like it was God-ordained. He reached out to me and said he was praying for me. He wanted me to have a big year this season after all the things I went through."

The Bulldogs' senior quarterback is looking for other ways to honor Lutzenkirchen this season.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)

Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Our new QB is a pretty good dude.  Love the gesture to honor his buddy. I'm not opposed to his at all.

Edited by Dawgfan4life24, 04 August 2014 - 12:17 PM.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users