Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Craft Beer Fest Callaway Gardens Jawja

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1
SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,632
  • Age:
    36
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,363
I think I may blow off our game against Southern Miss and spend the day sipping craft beers.  It's a 5 pm kick so I'll either be just getting done or just getting started by then.  I think I saw somewhere that they would be showing some of the games. - There it is top of the flyer under fest!

http://www.callawayg...ns.com/beerfest
http://blog.callaway...ens.com/?p=1874
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by SECorBust, 04 August 2014 - 09:31 AM.

Posted Image


#2
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    Stoops Does Work

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    40,252
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Location:
    Lexington, KY
  • Cash:
    2,000
  • High Fives:
    10,121
We have numerous craft beet fests here annually, plus the close by ones in Louisville and Cincinnati. Lots of fun and a great opportunity to try one offs and collabs that never hit the shelves.  

I see a lot of national/regional names on there.  Who are some of Alabama's better local brewers?
Posted Image

#3
SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,632
  • Age:
    36
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,363

View PostPuddingTime, on 04 August 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

We have numerous craft beet fests here annually, plus the close by ones in Louisville and Cincinnati. Lots of fun and a great opportunity to try one offs and collabs that never hit the shelves.  

I see a lot of national/regional names on there.  Who are some of Alabama's better local brewers?

I'm not the best one to ask.  
http://www.al.com/bu...related_stories
http://www.southernl...bama-craft-beer

I had Blue Pants double IPA last week.  The Railyard IPA is also a favorite.  I see the Good People everywhere and did not realize it was an Alabama product.  I have had the truck stop from back forty.  Nothing from Avondale yet.  The Monkeynaut from straight to ale is making some waves with their cans.  There was an article (I can't find it now) about their innovative canning process.  It's a good beer, but their can/bottle labels are wild.
Posted Image

https://www.facebook...204720652972087

Edited by SECorBust, 04 August 2014 - 10:19 AM.

Posted Image


#4
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    Stoops Does Work

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    40,252
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Location:
    Lexington, KY
  • Cash:
    2,000
  • High Fives:
    10,121

View PostSECorBust, on 04 August 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:



I'm not the best one to ask.  
http://www.al.com/bu...related_stories
http://www.southernl...bama-craft-beer

I had Blue Pants double IPA last week.  The Railyard IPA is also a favorite.  I see the Good People everywhere and did not realize it was an Alabama product.  I have had the truck stop from back forty.  Nothing from Avondale yet.  The Monkeynaut from straight to ale is making some waves with their cans.  There was an article (I can't find it now) about their innovative canning process.  It's a good beer, but their can/bottle labels are wild.
Posted Image

https://www.facebook...204720652972087
I'd love to try some of those. You msde this thread and it made me think about not having seen any Bama craft beer up here.
Posted Image

#5
SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,632
  • Age:
    36
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,363

View PostPuddingTime, on 04 August 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

I'd love to try some of those. You made this thread and it made me think about not having seen any Bama craft beer up here.
http://blog.al.com/w...signs_home.html
Gov. Robert Bentley this afternoon signed the home brewing bill into law, ending Alabama's status as the last state in the nation that banned the making of beer and wine at home.
http://blog.al.com/b...signs_bigg.html
He said around 3 percent of beer sold in Alabama today is craft beer, but that market is growing at close to 30 percent per year and the bigger container sizes now puts Alabama on the same level as the other 50 states and the District of Columbia that have no such limitation.
http://dinersjournal...ass-to-alabama/

Until 2009 beer above 6% ABV was illegal in this state.  I think that's a big reason that there haven't been that many Alabama beers around.  There should be some that start making the rounds.  I just don't think there were any until recently.  I never saw any - of course they were illegal here though.  The craft beer fest that I'm going to is in Georgia.  I live in Auburn so I'm practically a West Georgia resident already though.  ;)

I wonder if we had some before the law changed or if they started grass roots style here or if the law changed and then we got a bunch of out of state guys that moved here just because there was a new market.  I just don't know that much about it.  Maybe I need to go to the bar.

That double IPA I had was strong (8.7%).  I only had one, but it was buzzing me.
Posted Image

Edited by SECorBust, 04 August 2014 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image


#6
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    Stoops Does Work

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    40,252
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Location:
    Lexington, KY
  • Cash:
    2,000
  • High Fives:
    10,121
I had no idea. Interesting,  and totally explains why I've seen stuff from Georgia, Mississippi,  Carolinas etc filter it's way up here but not Alabama. Look forward to trying some.
Posted Image

#7
SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,632
  • Age:
    36
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,363

View PostPuddingTime, on 04 August 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

I had no idea. Interesting,  and totally explains why I've seen stuff from Georgia, Mississippi,  Carolinas etc filter it's way up here but not Alabama. Look forward to trying some.

Mississippi now has the most restrictive alcohol laws as I understand it.  Thank Gawd for Missississippi.

Posted Image




Similar Topics

  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users