Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

GPU Temperature problems

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So for a couple of weeks now I've had a couple of BSOD's that were likely related to my GPU overheating. Back when I used to check out my GPU's temperature more often it would idle at 30c with 50% fan power and go up to 40-55c during heavy use. Well, recently I've had GPU related BSOD's (possibly driver caused knowing nvidia) and I've been checking out my temps in Speedfan and my GPU is idling at 51c even after I bumped the GPU fan's up to 100%. The GPU is going up to 75-80c under heavy use now.

My desktop is more than adequately cooled and has good air circulation. I have multiple, powerful fans mounted inside the desktop not counting the ones that come with the various processors and the circulation is great. The desktop is almost ice cold to the touch. The GPU is an EVGA 560ti. Not sure why it's running so hot now, I even take good care of my desktop and clean it out myself every couple of months and cleaning it out made little to no difference on how hot the GPU is getting.

I feel like 50c is ridiculously high on idle considering I'm not running dual monitors or SLI and I've upped the GPU fan power to 100% in MSIAfterburner. Is the GPU basically bricked? Rollback drivers for Posted Images and giggles? Halp

Edited by TheRealBrave, 03 August 2014 - 07:52 PM.

Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
WTH?

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 03 August 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

WTH?

I might as well be speaking Klingon on this site lmfao
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 03 August 2014 - 08:02 PM, said:

I might as well be speaking Klingon on this site lmfao

Yep,I have no idea what you are talking about.But if your lawn mover blade needs sharpening,let me know.

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The answer is 6

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Pump some refrigerant into that bitch.

Or put a lil Tussin on it. That's all I got.
Posted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 03 August 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

So for a couple of weeks now I've had a couple of BSOD's that were likely related to my GPU overheating. Back when I used to check out my GPU's temperature more often it would idle at 30c with 50% fan power and go up to 40-55c during heavy use. Well, recently I've had GPU related BSOD's (possibly driver caused knowing nvidia) and I've been checking out my temps in Speedfan and my GPU is idling at 51c even after I bumped the GPU fan's up to 100%. The GPU is going up to 75-80c under heavy use now.

My desktop is more than adequately cooled and has good air circulation. I have multiple, powerful fans mounted inside the desktop not counting the ones that come with the various processors and the circulation is great. The desktop is almost ice cold to the touch. The GPU is an EVGA 560ti. Not sure why it's running so hot now, I even take good care of my desktop and clean it out myself every couple of months and cleaning it out made little to no difference on how hot the GPU is getting.

I feel like 50c is ridiculously high on idle considering I'm not running dual monitors or SLI and I've upped the GPU fan power to 100% in MSIAfterburner. Is the GPU basically bricked? Rollback drivers for Posted Images and giggles? Halp

My 500 series ALWAYS ran hot and I mean always (580s)... literallly could heat my room during heavy use lol... They never failed on me though. I bought a new computer and I went a lot cheaper on this build with 750s and they run much cooler, but they're rated at 95c max temperature. TBH I wouldn't worry about 50c running temps.  

http://www.geforce.c.../specifications
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 03 August 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

My 500 series ALWAYS ran hot and I mean always (580s)... literallly could heat my room during heavy use lol... They never failed on me though. I bought a new computer and I went a lot cheaper on this build with 750s and they run much cooler, but they're rated at 95c max temperature. TBH I wouldn't worry about 50c running temps.  

http://www.geforce.c.../specifications

Yeah but it was in the 50's at IDLE. Kind of concerning. I just rolled back my drivers to the good ole 3.14 and my idle temps are normal again (30s)
Posted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 03 August 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

Yeah but it was in the 50's at IDLE. Kind of concerning. I just rolled back my drivers to the good ole 3.14 and my idle temps are normal again (30s)

Good deal, I hardly ever upgrade my drivers until I check how they're working for others lol
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 03 August 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

Good deal, I hardly ever upgrade my drivers until I check how they're working for others lol

Yeah I always try to avoid updating them. No idea why I upgraded them, probably had bad performance in a game and was desperate.
Posted Image

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't know what just happened

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Rub some dirt on it,You'll be fine.
Posted Image
Formerly known as Darth Neyland

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Kick it....

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't know but a hammer and duct tape will probably help somehow.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
WD40

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users