Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Ben Carson possibly making a move

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.washingto...esidential-run/

Man oh man I hope this happens. Imagine.... a candidate to actually be excited about.

1. He's smart
2. He IS the American dream
3. It would be kind of cool for him to be the first black president
4. Want someone to fix healthcare? How about someone who knows it and practices at one of the world's most prestigious places
5. He would make Hilary look like an absolute moron in a debate. Not saying he would beat her in an election necessarily, because we have way too many intellectually inept ppl in this country... but nonetheless
6. Liberals heads would explode

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I like C
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I really hope he runs, I wish he would have ran in 2012.
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 02 August 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

I really hope he runs, I wish he would have ran in 2012.

He's literally the only repub right now I could see myself getting excited about and that would have a chance at beating the she-devil.

I'd like to see each of them in an interview "So Hilary, how did your last job work out for you?"....... "And Dr Carson? Oh.... you separated conjoined twins...... at...... the head?"

"So Mrs Clinton, how did you come to be where you are today? Oh thats right..... you were married to the president"     "And Dr Carson......oh.... you pretty much came from nothing and worked your way to the top"

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Would be sooooooooooo much better than what we have now....which is a piece of total crap we have now....2 more years of his clueless fundraising and vacations!! Can America stand it?
Posted Image

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I like Dr. Carson a lot.

Before I would vote for him, I would have to know his stance on the 2nd Amendment.

Other than that, Carson/Paul for 2016? They would be unstoppable.
Posted Image

Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 906
Newest Purchase: Oculus

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by´╗┐ human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Joker, on 04 August 2014 - 07:13 AM, said:

I like Dr. Carson a lot.

Before I would vote for him, I would have to know his stance on the 2nd Amendment.

Other than that, Carson/Paul for 2016? They would be unstoppable.

http://cnsnews.com/n...emselves-overly

In the article he states that the 2nd Amendment is of vital importance and states his reasoning why. He has caught some criticism regarding the subject I think because some of his comments have been misinterpreted.

Plus, lets face it..... whatever his take on the issue is, you can bet anything that the lefties will have the less favorable option

rwspear

rwspear

game recognize game and you lookin kinda unfamiliar right now

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
no christie, no ryan, no bush, no cruz

rand paul? yes. carson? meh... carson vs clinton?

CARSON TRAIN ALL ABOARD

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I missed the exact quote he made a couple months ago but when he was asked about how difficult he thinks the presidency would be he said something to the effect of, "It's not like it's brain surgery..."  Loved it.

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
No republican can win a general election AND your party's nomination. One requires a moderate and the other a radical.

Edited by NextYearIsHere, 11 August 2014 - 12:41 PM.

Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

United We Stand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 11 August 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

No republican can win a general election AND your party's nomination. One requires a moderate and the other a radical.

Romney won the nomination and wasn't even close to a radical.  The race would have been closer if the republicans had a candidate that they actually wanted to win.

I would venture to guess 70% of people that voted for Romney did so more because it was a vote against Obama.  I know that is why I did.

The reason Bush won his second term is the same reason Obama won his.  Most people also held their nose when voting for Kerry.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTrueGCFan, on 11 August 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Romney won the nomination and wasn't even close to a radical.  The race would have been closer if the republicans had a candidate that they actually wanted to win.

I would venture to guess 70% of people that voted for Romney did so more because it was a vote against Obama.  I know that is why I did.

The reason Bush won his second term is the same reason Obama won his.  Most people also held their nose when voting for Kerry.

Incorrect. If candidate Romney had been the same as Governor Romney, he could have beaten Barry, but he had to push himself too far to the right to get the nod. He lost all the important voter categories that you didn't used to need but now have to have to win.

I'm the last 6 national elections, the GOP has only won the popular vote once. Each year the nation becomes more and more diverse. The GOP therefore has to win more and more of the white vote. With women and minorities making up more and more of the voting block, you simply can't win by getting all the "NASCAR dads".

Seriously, y'all do great in mid terms because the same people that win dems the White House don't care then, but you need moderate to win the whole thing and he will never get through the primary.
Posted Image

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 11 August 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

Incorrect. If candidate Romney had been the same as Governor Romney, he could have beaten Barry, but he had to push himself too far to the right to get the nod. He lost all the important voter categories that you didn't used to need but now have to have to win.

I'm the last 6 national elections, the GOP has only won the popular vote once. Each year the nation becomes more and more diverse. The GOP therefore has to win more and more of the white vote. With women and minorities making up more and more of the voting block, you simply can't win by getting all the "NASCAR dads".

Seriously, y'all do great in mid terms because the same people that win dems the White House don't care then, but you need moderate to win the whole thing and he will never get through the primary.

I read this as, "Republicans should nominate a Democrat so that they can beat the Democrats".

In actuality, if Republicans want to win, they ought to be reaching out to the minority groups and explaining how Democrats are basically trapping minorities into government-sponsored welfare slavery for generations to come.

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 16 August 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

I read this as, "Republicans should nominate a Democrat so that they can beat the Democrats".

In actuality, if Republicans want to win, they ought to be reaching out to the minority groups and explaining how Democrats are basically trapping minorities into government-sponsored welfare slavery for generations to come.

Not really. Republicans should nominate someone that both reflects the nation as a whole but who actually stands for conservative principles. I've traveled a lot and relative to the world this is a conservative place, and not just in the South either. Right now you have a GOP that is somewhere between believing the satire that you see on the Colbert Report and simply being anti-obama on everything.

Right now everyone is having a pissing match to see whose conservative boner is the biggest... yet bombing every Muslim country on earth isn't a conservative principle and neither is worshiping Wall Street. Face it, the party is eating itself alive to move to the right and the country isn't going to follow. There is a reason the GOP is 1 for 6 in the last 20 years worth of presidential vote totals. If Regan were alive today, he's be a democrat. Nixon too.
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 19 August 2014 - 01:44 AM, said:

Not really. Republicans should nominate someone that both reflects the nation as a whole but who actually stands for conservative principles. I've traveled a lot and relative to the world this is a conservative place, and not just in the South either. Right now you have a GOP that is somewhere between believing the satire that you see on the Colbert Report and simply being anti-obama on everything.

Right now everyone is having a pissing match to see whose conservative boner is the biggest... yet bombing every Muslim country on earth isn't a conservative principle and neither is worshiping Wall Street. Face it, the party is eating itself alive to move to the right and the country isn't going to follow. There is a reason the GOP is 1 for 6 in the last 20 years worth of presidential vote totals. If Regan were alive today, he's be a democrat. Nixon too.

You just contradicted yourself, though... Republicans are not moving to the right at all.
You point out how Republicans are gung ho on bombing muslims and worshiping wall street and how those aren't conservative principles... And you're right, they're NOT conservative principles. That's the problem with Republicans; they're not true conservatives anymore, just like most Democrats aren't true liberals. That isn't moving to the right, it's just being stupid.
Most Republican politicians today are moderate. Most Democrat politicians today are moderate. The reason Republican presidential candidates have lost to Obama is because they're not running big campaigns on giving people free Posted Image like he did... Other than that, their platforms weren't all that different.

If a Republican runs on actual conservative values, aka keeping the government out of your Posted Image, ending the drug war, demilitarizing police, ending foreign wars in which we have no vested interest or reason to be there, reducing taxes, cutting out wasteful spending, etc. a lot of people would actually be excited to vote for them. Becoming more moderate is NOT the answer for Republicans... John McCain was probably the most moderate Republican presidential candidate in decades and he failed miserably. Romney was pretty moderate, too, and he failed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users