Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Predict the record (2014): Week 11 - South Carolina

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Poll: South Carolina - Predict the Record (2014) (46 member(s) have cast votes)

What Will South Carolina's Record Be?

  1. 12-0 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  2. 11-1 (11 votes [23.91%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.91%

  3. 10-2 (21 votes [45.65%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 45.65%

  4. 9-3 (8 votes [17.39%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 17.39%

  5. 8-4 (5 votes [10.87%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.87%

  6. 7-5 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  7. 6-6 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  8. 5-7 (1 votes [2.17%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.17%

  9. 4-8 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  10. 3-9 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  11. 2-10 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  12. 1-11 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  13. 0-12 (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,524
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,338

View PostJoeGator, on 07 August 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

You overestimate them because you assume the past three years have something to do with this year.
Past is a good indicator, but it isn't everything.

People forget quickly who played in Atlanta last year and what both teams records looked like the year before.
Posted Image

#77
Yellow

Yellow

    Dood

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,645
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Oct 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    847

View PostMizzouMark, on 07 August 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

People forget quickly who played in Atlanta last year and what both teams records looked like the year before.

/end
Formerly known as cocky87

#78
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,345
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    167

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 07 August 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

im not underestimating Florida, I expect them to be better but until they play, I'll reserve judgement. However, I don't know how I could overestimate carolina seeing as how they've had 3 straight 11-2 seasons, finished #4 in the nation last season, and are currently on an 18 game home win streak (longest in the nation), plus we return a lot of talent including an experienced qb and one of the best olines in the nation according to a few publications!

Just like its possible sc beats Uga down at home, it's also possible uf beats sc down at home.  2012 repeat.
Posted Image

#79
foxflyer5

foxflyer5

    I hate that guy.

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,707
  • Joined:
    Oct 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    464
optimistic 11-1.
we can't hang with auburn but the rest of the games are winnable.

Posted Image


#80
MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,872
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    459

View PostDJSdawg, on 07 August 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:



Just like its possible sc beats Uga down at home, it's also possible uf beats sc down at home.  2012 repeat.
it is possible, but Florida didn't beat us down, we spotted them 21 and couldn't get back on track...that won't happen again!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

#81
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,478
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,842

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 07 August 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

it is possible, but Florida didn't beat us down, we spotted them 21 and couldn't get back on track...that won't happen again!

Spotted us 21 and lost by 33.

#82
MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,872
  • Age:
    39
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    459

View PostJoeGator, on 07 August 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:



Spotted us 21 and lost by 33.
alls I'm saying is that if we hadn't given you the ball 3 times inside the 10 yard line it would most likely have been a much different outcome!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

#83
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,345
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    167

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 07 August 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

it is possible, but Florida didn't beat us down, we spotted them 21 and couldn't get back on track...that won't happen again!

And if SC had won in the same manner, you would be bragging about beating them down, am I right?

Edited by DJSdawg, 07 August 2014 - 05:51 PM.

Posted Image

#84
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,345
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    167

View PostMrGamecockFan, on 07 August 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

alls I'm saying is that if we hadn't given you the ball 3 times inside the 10 yard line it would most likely have been a much different outcome!

Most likely?  Yall barely beat a much crappier UF at home last year, so I dont see where you confidence is coming from.
Posted Image

#85
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,617
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    13,982

View PostDJSdawg, on 07 August 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:



Most likely?  Yall barely beat a much crappier UF at home last year, so I dont see where you confidence is coming from.

Yeah, UF 2012 was legit as fukk. They beat both A&M and LSU...plus the win over SC. And didn't they go to OT against UGA? Even without the 21 quick points Im not sure we win in be Swamp. Shaw was unbeatable at home but had his share of struggles on the road. It would've been a hell of a game if it had started out differently, but I still don't think we would've gotten the win

#86
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,345
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    167

View Postcocky4ever, on 07 August 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Yeah, UF 2012 was legit as fukk. They beat both A&M and LSU...plus the win over SC. And didn't they go to OT against UGA? Even without the 21 quick points Im not sure we win in be Swamp. Shaw was unbeatable at home but had his share of struggles on the road. It would've been a hell of a game if it had started out differently, but I still don't think we would've gotten the win

We beat them 17-9, but they were driving for a late TD when Jarvis Jones forced the ball out. That D was stout and Driskell was better than whoever they had last year when he got hurt.
Posted Image

#87
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,074
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,415

View PostDJSdawg, on 06 August 2014 - 11:56 PM, said:

Davis was pretty banged up last year, so dont think you are actually factoring in health, and they return about as many starters as UGA does.

Despite being "banged up" he had nearly 1,200 rushing yards last year and he stayed on the field as a productive back through any nagging issues... The health comment was in reference to Todd Gurley, who may be as talented as Davis (or more), but loses points for not being able to stay on the field for a full season.

#88
DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,345
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    167

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 07 August 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

Despite being "banged up" he had nearly 1,200 rushing yards last year and he stayed on the field as a productive back through any nagging issues... The health comment was in reference to Todd Gurley, who may be as talented as Davis (or more), but loses points for not being able to stay on the field for a full season.

I know 2012 was a bad year for Auburn, but..................

http://espn.go.com/c...012/todd-gurley

Edited by DJSdawg, 07 August 2014 - 09:45 PM.

Posted Image

#89
DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,737
  • Joined:
    Jun 2014
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    688
Posted Image

#90
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,074
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,415

View PostDJSdawg, on 07 August 2014 - 09:45 PM, said:

I know 2012 was a bad year for Auburn, but..................

http://espn.go.com/c...012/todd-gurley

Lol nice photoshop, but there was a strike for the 2012 season and no games were played. Everybody knows that.

Still, half of GA's losses last year can be attributed to the lack of Gurley; he doesn't do any good if he's not on the field.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users