Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2014 Preseason Coaches Poll

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBigdaddydog1, on 02 August 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

Everyone is teaming up on the BIG boy on the block !

???

We haven't even been talking about Auburn.

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBigdaddydog1, on 02 August 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

Everyone is teaming up on the BIG boy on the block !

Bret Beliema?
The 2014 Alabama Football Revenge Tour:

West Virginia: W
Florida Atlantic: W
Southern Miss: W
Florida: W
Ole Miss:
Arkansas:
Texas A&M:
Tennessee:
LSU:
Mississippi State:
Western Carolina:

Auburn:

msubulldogfan1

msubulldogfan1

Full blown homer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 01 August 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Fixed
#obsessed

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 02 August 2014 - 12:30 PM, said:

#obsessed

Dude!
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 02 August 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

Good God you raped our defense that day? We had more 1st downs, more yards, yet you raped our defense right? First thing I'll admit is that SC was a much better team than we were that day. But for the 2010 season? No, I still disagree that whole heartedly. See our bowl game that year to see what the potential of that team was. Lattimore rushed for 93 yards on 23 carries. Ingram/Richardson ran for 64 yards on 17 carries. You guys did everything right that game, we didn't get any breaks. And remember, that was the 3rd game in a row we faced a ranked SEC opponent, 2 of them being away in a stretch that made them change the rules of scheduling. Not making excuses (again SC was the better team that day) but you will never convince me that the 2010 SC was better than 2010 Bama.

You guys have serious problems

You just cannot face defeat
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have never seen a team that ain't won Posted Image be so good hell ask'em they got a better coach too...

Logic we're dealing with..
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hate expectations. I almost feel more nervous about Auburn's season than excited, which is an awful feeling. The suspensions and season ending injuries so early only compound it.
Posted Image
Formerly known as HardFightinSoldier

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 02 August 2014 - 04:04 AM, said:

When Bama played SC didn't Latimore have more rushing yards than both Richardson and Ingram put together?? Plus Jeffery went off on y'all and Garcia played amazing. And Bama was 9-3 that year. Not sure why it's so hard to think SC was better that year.

Also FG kicking is part of the game, and holding onto the football is part of the game. Plus if your coaches can't get the team ready to play that's counts against how good the team really is. Most talent/= best team. If that were the case UK would have the best basketball team every year.

Its already been said more total yards yada yada but 90 something yards on 35 carries is not better than 65 on 17. I agree and basically that's the point we're making you just said it yourself. It is damn hard to have your A game winning like this week after week that like we've said is what got us beat more than any team having our number.

I tell you how hard it is six teams including yours took their bye before playing us something totally unfair and has been fixed since.

Bama is so loaded an deep with talent with maybe even the late 80's Miami being anything as close. If they play to their potential they're almost unbeatable. The losses we've had whether is was SC, LSU,Auburn, Oklahoma,aTm have been when the team came out flat and just never seem to get their feet under them til late in games.

I know any given Saturday and all but I think we beat ourselves a lot more than any effort from opposing teams. Almost all those games were blowouts by half with Bama coming back and falling short. Do you not see the trend I'm pointing at?

Edited by RammaJamma, 03 August 2014 - 03:16 AM.

"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 03 August 2014 - 03:08 AM, said:

I know any given Saturday and all but I think we beat ourselves a lot more than any effort from opposing teams. Do you not see the trend I'm pointing at?

Of course I see the trend. The trend is that Bama fans never claim to have a team worse than anyone else. You're so egotistical about the team that you think the only team that can beat Bama is Bama.

And I'm not just talkin about the SC game. There is actually a decent case to be made that Bama was better that year. But I'd definitely say that ou was better than Bama last year(and some other schools that didn't play Bama, including SC). Coaches getting players ready to play is part of the team. If they can't do that it counts against the team. FG kickers are part of the team. But I'll just ask Bama fans this one question and maybe we can put an end to this conversation. Which teams, if any, do you think were better than Bama last year??

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 03 August 2014 - 04:52 AM, said:

Of course I see the trend. The trend is that Bama fans never claim to have a team worse than anyone else. You're so egotistical about the team that you think the only team that can beat Bama is Bama.

And I'm not just talkin about the SC game. There is actually a decent case to be made that Bama was better that year. But I'd definitely say that ou was better than Bama last year(and some other schools that didn't play Bama, including SC). Coaches getting players ready to play is part of the team. If they can't do that it counts against the team. FG kickers are part of the team. But I'll just ask Bama fans this one question and maybe we can put an end to this conversation. Which teams, if any, do you think were better than Bama last year??

^^^^^^^^^This.
Posted Image

Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 906
Newest Purchase: Oculus

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

I tell you how hard it is six teams including yours took their bye before playing us something totally unfair and has been fixed since.

Just stop. Now you're whining. Every team has issues with the schedule. Every single one. For example, In 2013, we had three (3) straight road games in the middle of our schedule for the second time in three years.
Posted Image

Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 906
Newest Purchase: Oculus

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 02 August 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:

You guys have serious problems

You just cannot face defeat

I went to UA 1999-2006. That would be the Dubose/Fran/Price/Shula fiasco. So yes, I do know defeat.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Its already been said more total yards yada yada but 90 something yards on 35 carries is not better than 65 on 17. I agree and basically that's the point we're making you just said it yourself. It is damn hard to have your A game winning like this week after week that like we've said is what got us beat more than any team having our number.

Bama is so loaded an deep with talent with maybe even the late 80's Miami being anything as close. If they play to their potential they're almost unbeatable. The losses we've had whether is was SC, LSU,Auburn, Oklahoma,aTm have been when the team came out flat and just never seem to get their feet under them til late in games.

I know any given Saturday and all but I think we beat ourselves a lot more than any effort from opposing teams. Almost all those games were blowouts by half with Bama coming back and falling short. Do you not see the trend I'm pointing at?
It was 23 carries for 90 yards which is more yards per carry than the Bama running backs combined.

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Man, the bama hate fuels some childish b.s. lol

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip