Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

2014 Preseason Coaches Poll

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 01 August 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

Fixed

You are a Bama fan
You are a Bama fan
You are a Bama fan

You don't like Ole Miss

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 01 August 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

If Georgia told you the better team lost in the SECCG 2 years ago, what would you say?

that game was so competitive that it would be natural for a bulldog fan to think that

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 01 August 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

that game was so competitive that it would be natural for a bulldog fan to think that

That's a decent opinion. I respect you for that one

Okie just made that ass quit in the Sugar Bowl though

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 01 August 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

You are a Bama fan
You are a Bama fan
You are a Bama fan

You don't like Ole Miss

Ha ha! You can give me a little slack. Tell ya what, go back to our coach o days and look at the posts after the om/bama game when we were trying to determine if bama's defensive back touched the ball before our wide receiver did near the end of the game.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 01 August 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

so identical records and better box scores and Im an idiot for thinking maybe my team lost to a team they were better than...........I guess everyone in your world is an idiot

I guess I see what you are saying, but final scores and identical records trump box scores.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 01 August 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

If Georgia told you the better team lost in the SECCG 2 years ago, what would you say?
Agree?
Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 01 August 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

That really was a great game. Even though we lost. That's I picture when I think about a conference championship.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 01 August 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

That's a decent opinion. I respect you for that one

Okie just made that ass quit in the Sugar Bowl though

A UGA fan would have every right to think that it was a helluva hard fought game.

I don't think bama played with a lot of execution in the loses to SC or even Auburn last year...the loss to LSU with like five missed field goals. Bama mistakes and not finishing the job whether it was fumbles, missed field goals had more to do with the loss than a team lining up and beating us with no answer or way to make it stop.

I knew we would play terrible against Oklahoma the letdown of 3 in a row, etc.. they never looked like their minds.left Tuscaloosa Take nothing away from Utah they would have beaten more than half the sec in 2008 but bama came into that game the same way after the loss to Florida.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 02 August 2014 - 01:14 AM, said:

A UGA fan would have every right to think that it was a helluva hard fought game.

I don't think bama played with a lot of execution in the loses to SC or even Auburn last year...the loss to LSU with like five missed field goals. Bama mistakes and not finishing the job whether it was fumbles, missed field goals had more to do with the loss than a team lining up and beating us with no answer or way to make it stop.

I knew we would play terrible against Oklahoma the letdown of 3 in a row, etc.. they never looked like their minds.left Tuscaloosa Take nothing away from Utah they would have beaten more than half the sec in 2008 but bama came into that game the same way after the loss to Florida.

When Bama played SC didn't Latimore have more rushing yards than both Richardson and Ingram put together?? Plus Jeffery went off on y'all and Garcia played amazing. And Bama was 9-3 that year. Not sure why it's so hard to think SC was better that year.

Also FG kicking is part of the game, and holding onto the football is part of the game. Plus if your coaches can't get the team ready to play that's counts against how good the team really is. Most talent/= best team. If that were the case UK would have the best basketball team every year.

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 01 August 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

Good Lord, Bama got their asses handed to them against Carolina in 2010 and Oklahoma 2013.
They were not the better team.
You can't get slaughtered and still think that.

Sometimes you can think that though, but those two games were not one of those times.

I think we can agree both team's QBs played the best game of their careers that night against Bama. When have you seen Brahcia do that well since then? He practically couldn't miss a receiver. Same goes to Trevor Knight. Hasn't shown anything like what he brought against us that night. Hell he may have a great career, but he also may be another Garrett Gilbert (backup to Colt McCoy who played really well in the 2nd half of that BCS)

I still think we had the better teams with those 2 games, but different players can have outstanding games to beat the better team.

Back on topic, glad we're not 1. We always do better when we're not preseason 1. I'd thought we'd be lower though, 3-5 maybe.
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 02 August 2014 - 06:00 AM, said:

I think we can agree both team's QBs played the best game of their careers that night against Bama. When have you seen Brahcia do that well since then? He practically couldn't miss a receiver. Same goes to Trevor Knight. Hasn't shown anything like what he brought against us that night. Hell he may have a great career, but he also may be another Garrett Gilbert (backup to Colt McCoy who played really well in the 2nd half of that BCS)

I still think we had the better teams with those 2 games, but different players can have outstanding games to beat the better team.

That year Garcia was 224/349 for 3,059 yards and a 64.2 completion %. And it's not like we just played amazingly and barely came away with a win....we beat the sh!t out of Bama. Like I said obviously the better team can lose sometimes, but when 2 teams finish the season with the same record and one team beat the other one by two TDs in a game that completely dominated you usually don't say the better team lost that day.

And I don't think Bama was better than ou last year either. The sooners finished with one more loss but played a tougher schedule, and had coaches who are capable of making the team care about a game that isn't a national title game. Of course, I don't buy that excuse anyway. Leading up to the game the players assured us that they were ready and focused, and weren't gonna let a repeat of the utah game happen. Then Bama jumps out and everyone says Bama is gonna kill em. Then they get destroyed. There isn't really a good case for why Bama was better than oklahoma last season.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If Ole Miss beats Alabama this year they can say they were the better team all they want to. Won't bother me a bit.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I keep hearing these polls don't mean anything. Well this one means something. With atm at #20, it means SC gets credit for a win over a ranked team in week one. And after atm loses to SC, ARK, MSU, and Ole Miss, it means Bama gets blamed for having a weak schedule when they beat them in week eight.

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I keep hearing how the cocks "beat the Posted Image" out of the tide....they apparently weren't taught how to read stats

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostALA2262, on 02 August 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

I keep hearing these polls don't mean anything. Well this one means something. With atm at #20, it means SC gets credit for a win over a ranked team in week one. And after atm loses to SC, ARK, MSU, and Ole Miss, it means Bama gets blamed for having a weak schedule when they beat them in week eight.

Yeah, but the higher you go in the polls the harder it is to move up. So even if we beat A&M we might not jump in the polls depending on how everyone else does. We could sit at 9 until week three when we play UGA...and hopefully they'll have beaten clemson in week one to set up a top 10 matchup. It all works itself out over the course of the season..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users