Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2014 Preseason Coaches Poll

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 31 July 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

So you are saying msu will be top 5?

Could be... and the next time your door bell rings it could also be Publishers Clearing house with your $5,000 a week for life.
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWDavE, on 31 July 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

Could be... and the next time your door bell rings it could also be Publishers Clearing house with your $5,000 a week for life.

Awesome thought
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 31 July 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

Tha fukk are you rambling on about??

getting my monies worth out of that statement lmao

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 31 July 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

getting my monies worth out of that statement lmao

I guess you missed my statement right after that where I said it wasn't the prediction, it's the fact that every time Bama gets their sh!t stomped they still swear to be the better team.

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 31 July 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

I guess you missed my statement right after that where I said it wasn't the prediction, it's the fact that every time Bama gets their sh!t stomped they still swear to be the better team.

well everytime hasn't been often and when you are perrenially a top 5 team, you can probably see where a fan would think such..............and I know you are particularly sensitive about the 2010 game we lost to the cocks.  We had more total yards and gave up less yards in the game with yall and Garcia and whats his name had some fantastic if not freakish throw/catches in that game so you can see where a bama fan would think that.  In the lost last year to the Sooners, again, we had the better box score but you will notice that AJ threw almost twice as much in that game than any other in his career and they couldnt stop us on the ground to save their life, yet we continued to throw for no logical reason, all of that lending to my theory that Saban let AJ "have" that game to impress the NFL and improve his draft status considering the reports coming out on his projected place in the draft.

You've admitted you thought the Cocks were better than teams that beat you so why do you continue to harp on this?

plus my post that you quoted in this thread wasn't because of anything you have said but more than a few posters in the last month have echoed what I parodied

Edited by Haymaker, 31 July 2014 - 04:44 PM.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 31 July 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

well everytime hasn't been often and when you are perrenially a top 5 team, you can probably see where a fan would think such..............and I know you are particularly sensitive about the 2010 game we lost to the cocks.  We had more total yards and gave up less yards in the game with yall and Garcia and whats his name had some fantastic if not freakish throw/catches in that game so you can see where a bama fan would think that.  In the lost last year to the Sooners, again, we had the better box score but you will notice that AJ threw almost twice as much in that game than any other in his career and they couldnt stop us on the ground to save their life, yet we continued to throw for no logical reason, all of that lending to my theory that Saban let AJ "have" that game to impress the NFL and improve his draft status considering the reports coming out on his projected place in the draft.

You've admitted you thought the Cocks were better than teams that beat you so why do you continue to harp on this?

plus my post that you quoted in this thread wasn't because of anything you have said but more than a few posters in the last month have echoed what I parodied

So Bama was the better team, you just lost because your coach cares more about letting his QB pass than he does about winning the game....got it.

But if it makes you feel any better I think Bama was better than Auburn last year. Yes sometimes the better team loses, but to hear Bama fans tell it there is no reason to play the game because they are the best team constantly.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 31 July 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

National sports writers must be arrogant asshole bama fans in disguise

Someone must've pissed you off for you to be making the exact same comment in every thread

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 31 July 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

Someone must've pissed you off for you to be making the exact same comment in every thread

Guilty as charged

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 31 July 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

Lol, not pissed. But when a poster says that given bama has a new qb and some youth in the dbs, for us to predict going undefeated or to win nc/sec us being arrogant assholes, then it makes me smile to post that repeatedly where it's experts not arrogant tide fans

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 31 July 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

So Bama was the better team, you just lost because your coach cares more about letting his QB pass than he does about winning the game....got it.

But if it makes you feel any better I think Bama was better than Auburn last year. Yes sometimes the better team loses, but to hear Bama fans tell it there is no reason to play the game because they are the best team constantly.

I'm quite sure saban intended on winning the game too

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I still haven't figurded out how every magazine, poll, talking head, etc has Bama ranked high with huge expectations and even championships but a Bama fan doing it is arrogant?
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 01 August 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:

I still haven't figurded out how every magazine, poll, talking head, etc has Bama ranked high with huge expectations and even championships but a Bama fan doing it is arrogant?

Hot damn man! We gonna Posted Image with bama no matter how good you are and y'all are an easier target than the team.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 01 August 2014 - 04:20 AM, said:

Hot damn man! We gonna Posted Image with bama no matter how good you are and y'all are an easier target than the team.

Be easy you know I'm sensitive..
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 01 August 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:

70 something 4* players on the roster and a sh!t schedule I should hope the Tide could finish in the top 5. Of course that means when Bama loses two games I'm gonna make this past offseason look like child's play compared to what I'm gonna give Bama fans.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good Lord, Bama got their asses handed to them against Carolina in 2010 and Oklahoma 2013.
They were not the better team.
You can't get slaughtered and still think that.

Sometimes you can think that though, but those two games were not one of those times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users