Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

There is a reason for all the SEC bashing by other leagues

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
"This is a new day in college football. We are steaming straight ahead, like the Titanic at the iceberg, into a postseason where the participants in the championship playoff will be chosen by a committee. There are no objective criteria in place, just the votes of 13 people. And when an issue is going to be decided by partisan voting (and it will be partisan), the way things are done in America means it will lead to one thing.

Lobbying.

That's all these other leagues are doing. They are so fearful the committee will actually pick the four best teams (don't worry, they won't) and the SEC may have more than one of those teams, they are lobbying as hard as they can before the season is even played. They are planting seeds for their own leagues they hope to harvest in November. There is nothing wrong with that, as far as it goes. You might think they would concentrate on their own teams, and playing good football. But why talk about that — when you can bash?"

http://www.tuscaloos...y-other-leagues

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Big10 Big12 Pac12 ACC American Conference:

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There will always be some butthurt bubble team.
Posted Image

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A lot of "experts" are expecting the SEC to be left out of the first playoff.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 25 July 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

A lot of "experts" are expecting the SEC to be left out of the first playoff.

Could happen. I doubt it. This nine game conference schedule thing is dumb to me. We schedule 8 with 1 from a major conference. That adds up to 9 and that one from a major conference brings comparison with our league and theirs. Now them being sure they play Kansas, Purdue, Arizona or North Carolina doesn't help them one bit. Bunch of wimps twisting their coward scheduling to make them selves look tough is bs.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 25 July 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Could happen. I doubt it. This nine game conference schedule thing is dumb to me. We schedule 8 with 1 from a major conference. That adds up to 9 and that one from a major conference brings comparison with our league and theirs. Now them being sure they play Kansas, Purdue, Arizona or North Carolina doesn't help them one bit. Bunch of wimps twisting their coward scheduling to make them selves look tough is bs.

I'm sure the SEC might be a little down compared to the past 8 years, but I in no way see the SEC as being out of the loop. They have to consider a 1 or 2 loss SEC team over some of these other conferences. What's weird about this year is that a lot of the stronger SEC schools have weak out of conference games and the weaker SEC schools have the tougher OOC. If the weaker schools pull some of those upsets or play teams close that will only make the SEC champions look even more respectable.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
penis envy. What can you do?

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 25 July 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

I'm sure the SEC might be a little down compared to the past 8 years, but I in no way see the SEC as being out of the loop. They have to consider a 1 or 2 loss SEC team over some of these other conferences. What's weird about this year is that a lot of the stronger SEC schools have weak out of conference games and the weaker SEC schools have the tougher OOC. If the weaker schools pull some of those upsets or play teams close that will only make the SEC champions look even more respectable.

I've said before I could see the SEC being left out this year, but I don't think it's likely. I think that more years than not the big 12 will be the one left out. Not having a conference championship game will hurt them because say for example the SEC champ loses one game and ou loses one game. That puts the SEC champ at 12-1 while ou is at 11-1. Same with the other conferences. I actually expect the big 12 to be one of the driving forces that will push us towards the 8 team playoff. We just have to wait for them to get screwed a few times.

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA10Rebel, on 25 July 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

penis envy. What can you do?

Penis pump.

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Cocke Ring

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Butt plug

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The last time the sec champ would have been left out would have been 2001, which is when saban killed the vol program.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Salad tossers
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

foxflyer5

foxflyer5

I hate that guy.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
the selection committee will not select the four best teams.
they will spread it out.
one each from florida state, big ten, pac ten, and sec.
if fsu falls off the radar then a one loss big 12 team gets in.
its possible the sec will have two teams,  but never more, even if they have all top five spots in all the polls.

Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bitches gunna bitch.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

0 user(s) are reading this topic