Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

U.S. to cut ties with Alabama

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 24 July 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

Let me see some numbers.

had a minute so:

http://online.wsj.co...506941384150850

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGAMECOCK_FAN, on 24 July 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

That's exactly what happened in Kentucky when they started a lottery.  They advertsed that the lottery money would go into the education fund and we voted for it.  I lived there when that happened (in the '80s).  They took the lottery money and put it into the education fund; however, they cut money in the education fund by the same amount.  It kind of pissed everyone I knew off when that happened.

Then I moved to Georgia and when the lottery went to a vote, I was completely against it thinking Georgia would do the same thing (lived there in the early '90s).  However, Georgia did it right.  They created the Hope Scholarship which was used to pay for HS students going to a state-sponsored college, as long as they had a 3.0 average out of HS and maintained it (at least I think that's the average).  Then they found out they had extra money coming in from the lottery and used it to pay for books for college students (when I left it was $100 per semester for books).

So, I've seen one state do it right and one state do it wrong.  Not sure if Kentucky ever changed or not.
Nope. Still wallowing in a half assed and underfunded state education system here.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 24 July 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

Won't met me read it. But I know what I see, and the economy here still sucks. There are basically zero manufacturing, blue collar style jobs in Mississippi. And I know that we, at least, have been passed over multiple times in this regard.
Posted Image

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 24 July 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Won't met me read it. But I know what I see, and the economy here still sucks. There are basically zero manufacturing, blue collar style jobs in Mississippi. And I know that we, at least, have been passed over multiple times in this regard.

just google "trends industries moving to the south" and there is a wealth of info............heres a link for example that will work...............sorry about mississippi though

http://www.forbes.co...to-power-again/

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There are some moving south, but you don't sell your teeth to buy corn.

Govna Bentley also said that the nation should follow Alabama's example.
http://www.al.com/ne...ml#incart_river

I could go for a lottery, but If elected governor I would promote agriculture and tourism with the legalization of marijuana.  Roll Tide.  We would all be kings of canabis.  

Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 24 July 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Pro-tip of the day; when reading the WSJ, if it will not let you read the article w/o paying first, simply copy the title of the article in question, google it, click on the link, and BOOM, there the entire article is for you to read.

There is always a way around these paywalls; just a matter of finding it.

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught
Formerly known as FCNDawg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users