Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Surprise surprise UGA player arrested

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
James Franklin may take them at pedophile state university

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 26 July 2014 - 07:41 PM, said:

Does their strategy net 4x as many arrests like Athens vs a much bigger Atlanta?

Source?

Also what criteria are you using?

You sure are going a long way to divert some of the blame away from the coaches.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 27 July 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

Source?

Also what criteria are you using?

You sure are going a long way to divert some of the blame away from the coaches.

http://m.wsbtv.com/n...t-athens/nStfn/

Just like you often can't blame a parent for their child's behavior, you often can't blame a coach for the same thing.
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 27 July 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

http://m.wsbtv.com/n...t-athens/nStfn/

Just like you often can't blame a parent for their child's behavior, you often can't blame a coach for the same thing.

Ok, so you are talking specifically about underage drinking..not just arrests in general. Aggressive cops played no role in players committing check fraud, beating their girlfriends, or failing drug tests.

But I don't really care if UGA fans don't hold coaches accountable for their players. If anything it'll just ensure we have more examples like this to laugh at in the future. And ftr, I'm not laughing at the incidents themselves. I don't want to see any kid mess up their future or make life any harder, and I'm certainly not laughing at a female getting beaten and choked by her boyfriend. What I do find funny is how UGA fans will deflect blame year after year after year.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Failing drug tests has a lot to do with aggression from the athletic dept.

Ultimately, I am placing blame exactly where it should be, right on the players shoulders.

To blame a parent for a child making mistakes simply makes no sense most of the time.
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 27 July 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

Failing drug tests has a lot to do with aggression from the athletic dept.

Ultimately, I am placing blame exactly where it should be, right on the players shoulders.

To blame a parent for a child making mistakes simply makes no sense most of the time.

Well, I agree the players themselves ultimately shoulder the responsibility for their own actions. However, if there are issues in an environment that make it conducive for bad behavior then whoever is in charge of that environment must take some of the blame. My two daughters are smart and well behaved, but I still strive to be a better parent and create the best possible environment for them. That's my job. If their teachers aren't making their classrooms great places for learning I don't say" well it's little Jimmy's fault my daughter couldn't concentrate today." I also blame the teacher for not doing her job to help create the best environment possible.

And at this point I think it's safe to say that Richt hasn't helped create the best environment possible.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Co-Ed dorms in Athens ga is the environment. Unless you want to baby sit 100 college kids, trouble is gonna happen with a small group, and nothing a parent or coach can do about it.
Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 27 July 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

Well, I agree the players themselves ultimately shoulder the responsibility for their own actions. However, if there are issues in an environment that make it conducive for bad behavior then whoever is in charge of that environment must take some of the blame. My two daughters are smart and well behaved, but I still strive to be a better parent and create the best possible environment for them. That's my job. If their teachers aren't making their classrooms great places for learning I don't say" well it's little Jimmy's fault my daughter couldn't concentrate today." I also blame the teacher for not doing her job to help create the best environment possible.

And at this point I think it's safe to say that Richt hasn't helped create the best environment possible.

By promptly getting rid of trouble makers?

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 27 July 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

By promptly getting rid of trouble makers?

One thing Spurrier did is to make sure that players hold themselves accountable to each other. Get a group of guys who lead and let everyone know what is expected. Then they pass the torch on to the next group. After a while the only thing players have known coming through the program is that type of mentality. That doesn't seem to be going on right now in Athens. Sure you have great kids on the team...but they act right because they're good kids, not because they're scared of letting their team down. You don't have to worry about those kids anyway.  You have to get that mentality of players helping each other and not wanting to let everyone else down. That is what helps keep the ones with less than stellar character from acting out of line. Not always obviously, but it minimizes it. Again, that doesn't seem to be going on in Athens.

Edited by cocky4ever, 27 July 2014 - 02:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users