Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Surprise surprise UGA player arrested

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://m.ajc.com/new...ted-assa/ngkYX/

Georgia defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor was arrested and charged with aggravated assault/family violence on Tuesday morning.

The arrest was executed by UGA Police and Taylor was booked into the Athens-Clarke County Jail at 6:08 a.m. Since it is a felony charge involving violence, Taylor will have to go before a judge for a bond hearing. He remained incarcerated as of late Tuesday afternoon.

A UGA spokesman said no one from the athletic association would have any comments on Tuesday.

UGA Police Chief Jimmy Williamson said the charges stemmed from a third-party complaint that Taylor physically assaulted his girlfriend during a domestic dispute around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.

“At 2:47 a.m., our dispatcher received a third-party call about a female individual who was injured by her boyfriend,” Williamson said. “Police officers and EMS were dispatched. We met with the victim at Busbee Hall along with the third-party caller. After interviewing her, we determined the incident had occurred at McWhorther Hall. We made contact with the primary resident there, Jonathan Maurice Taylor. After talking to Mr. Taylor, the victim and evidence at the scene, officers determined they had significant probably cause to make the charge of ag assault/domestic violence.”

According to the incident report filed by Officer R. Edwards, Taylor and the victim had been “living together for several weeks.” At the time of the interview, officers observed “visible scratched and red marks to her neck and bruises on her arm and leg.”

“I determined that her boyfriend, Jonathan Maurice Taylor, had offensively used his hands to choke her and had also struck her several times with a closed fist,” Edwards wrote.

The 20-year-old victim was listed as 5-foot-11, 170 pounds. She was treated at the scene and released. Taylor is 6-5, 340 pounds, according to the identification he submitted to police.

It is the second arrest of the year for Taylor, a redshirt sophomore from Millen. He was one of the four UGA players jailed on theft by deception charges in March. Taylor accepted a pretrial intervention sentence in that case last month and UGA announced he would not miss any playing time as a result.

Yeah djsdawg. Looks like running those steps really taught him a lesson. Looks like everyone here was right except you and two other UGA fans.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Most here know me well enough by now to know that's one thing I absolutely can't stand. As far as I'm concerned he should never play again. Fukk him. Unfortunately the last UGA player to beat up his girlfriend didn't miss any playing time.

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
2016 5* recruit out of Florida was charged with theft while visiting for a huge football recruiting camp in Athens.

UGA looks to be aggressively attacking the DI Fulmer cup this year. Their second in how many years?

Posted Image

msubulldogfan1

msubulldogfan1

Full blown homer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

LEGENDARY

Auburns got another one.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 23 July 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

Auburns got another one.

Pretty soon they're gonna have to start under signing every year to take into account the UGA transfers

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We need more depth on our D line. Better us than Louisville.

Although this kid plays defense so I doubt Bobby P cares
Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 23 July 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

http://m.ajc.com/new...ted-assa/ngkYX/

Georgia defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor was arrested and charged with aggravated assault/family violence on Tuesday morning.

The arrest was executed by UGA Police and Taylor was booked into the Athens-Clarke County Jail at 6:08 a.m. Since it is a felony charge involving violence, Taylor will have to go before a judge for a bond hearing. He remained incarcerated as of late Tuesday afternoon.

A UGA spokesman said no one from the athletic association would have any comments on Tuesday.

UGA Police Chief Jimmy Williamson said the charges stemmed from a third-party complaint that Taylor physically assaulted his girlfriend during a domestic dispute around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.

“At 2:47 a.m., our dispatcher received a third-party call about a female individual who was injured by her boyfriend,” Williamson said. “Police officers and EMS were dispatched. We met with the victim at Busbee Hall along with the third-party caller. After interviewing her, we determined the incident had occurred at McWhorther Hall. We made contact with the primary resident there, Jonathan Maurice Taylor. After talking to Mr. Taylor, the victim and evidence at the scene, officers determined they had significant probably cause to make the charge of ag assault/domestic violence.”

According to the incident report filed by Officer R. Edwards, Taylor and the victim had been “living together for several weeks.” At the time of the interview, officers observed “visible scratched and red marks to her neck and bruises on her arm and leg.”

“I determined that her boyfriend, Jonathan Maurice Taylor, had offensively used his hands to choke her and had also struck her several times with a closed fist,” Edwards wrote.

The 20-year-old victim was listed as 5-foot-11, 170 pounds. She was treated at the scene and released. Taylor is 6-5, 340 pounds, according to the identification he submitted to police.

It is the second arrest of the year for Taylor, a redshirt sophomore from Millen. He was one of the four UGA players jailed on theft by deception charges in March. Taylor accepted a pretrial intervention sentence in that case last month and UGA announced he would not miss any playing time as a result.

Yeah djsdawg. Looks like running those steps really taught him a lesson. Looks like everyone here was right except you and two other UGA fans.
I see your arrested UGA player and raise you a soon-to-be arrested UGA 5 star recruit:
http://www.ajc.com/n...ecruitin/ngmBs/

Edited by ForwardRebels, 23 July 2014 - 10:55 AM.

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.
Formerly known as FCNDawg

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 23 July 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

I see your arrested UGA player and raise you a soon-to-be arrested UGA 5 star recruit:
http://www.ajc.com/n...ecruitin/ngmBs/

The things a talented WR does to avoid the UGA WR curse. And look 4 posts up commie.

Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 July 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

The things a talented WR does to avoid the UGA WR curse. And look 4 posts up commie.
Great minds think alike then, bastard.  :trollface:
Well done on posting it, didn't see it had already been posted.

:cheers:

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.
Formerly known as FCNDawg

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm just glad that UGA is easing the transition of an FSU coach, making him feel like he didn't even leave the Criminals.

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 July 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

I'm just glad that UGA is easing the transition of an FSU coach, making him feel like he didn't even leave the Criminals.

Lmao. Mark Richt is such a nice guy...

Edited by cocky4ever, 23 July 2014 - 11:10 AM.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 23 July 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

Lmao. Mark Richt is such a nice guy...

Mark Ritch is an FSU guy too.

Edited by smokeyone, 23 July 2014 - 11:14 AM.

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 July 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

Mark Ritch is an FSU guy too.

Yeah, you can take the coach out of Tallahassee, but you can't take the Tallahassee out of the coach. I guess that could go in my famous quotes thread too

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As I mentioned in the original thread when this was posted, this is what happens when you don't let players smoke weed to unwind.
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 23 July 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

Yeah, you can take the coach out of Tallahassee, but you can't take the Tallahassee out of the coach. I guess that could go in my famous quotes thread too

Can't imagine how he got corrupted by FSU; he "played" his college ball at such a fine, upstanding institution with no reputation for behavioral issues after all.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users