Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

New Car

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The mileage on most vehicle labels will be reduced by 1 to 2 MPG, and the largest adjustment will be 6 MPG highway for the Kia Soul.

http://www.epa.gov/f...labelchange.htm
Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 954
Newest Purchase: Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery

Gov. Gary Johnson for President in 2016

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by´╗┐ human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

MizzouMark

MizzouMark

Redshirt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Joker, on 31 July 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

I'm talking real-life MPG and not the estimated garbage that they sell people on.

For example, my 328iXD in Eco-Pro mode on level ground driving at 70 mph with the CC on.... I average around 43 mpg. The most I've ever gotten was 57 mpg in Eco-Pro Mode. No bull$hit!

Posted Image

Sport mode... That's a TOTALLY different story....

As for Hyundai and KIA overstating their fuel economy, see the link below...

http://www.autonews....ted-mpg-ratings

Nice, but I do know the EPA estimated rating includes hills, various speeds, and what not, 43 is probably definitely attainable on a flat surface at a consistent speed. The most gas friendly car I've ever owned only got 25mpg (estimated) though haha so what do I know. I was raised at a track pretty much so most of my cars come with a "gas guzzler tax."

Edited by MizzouMark, 31 July 2014 - 08:15 AM.

2013 & 2014 SEC East Champions!!!

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Congrats man! Try to throw a couple extra payments at'em a year it'll save you a ton.

I don't even like to think about mpg... I drive 43 miles one way to work in a big ass truck. I could probably make the payment on a small car with the savings vs gas.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

SECorBust

SECorBust

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 31 July 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

Congrats man! Try to throw a couple extra payments at'em a year it'll save you a ton.

I don't even like to think about mpg... I drive 43 miles one way to work in a big ass truck. I could probably make the payment on a small car with the savings vs gas.

My friend Sam did the math and it did not make sense for him to do it.  Another friend Earl bought a focus and did that.   I don't think Sam factored in the miles and wear that he'd save on his Tundra though.  If you have a nice Mercedes or something more expensive that you use as a work/commuter car getting a cheap car to wear out makes more sense.

Posted Image

Spunk

Spunk
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My Elantra averages about 37-39 MPG. 42-45 if I'm not on hills. Not sure what the Joker is on about.
Never to conquer, ever to yield.

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 31 July 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

My friend Sam did the math and it did not make sense for him to do it.  Another friend Earl bought a focus and did that.   I don't think Sam factored in the miles and wear that he'd save on his Tundra though.  If you have a nice Mercedes or something more expensive that you use as a work/commuter car getting a cheap car to wear out makes more sense.

Maybe on pocketbook but it's the opposite of my thoughts on the matter. My thoughts are if I'm going to be in a car for over an hour each day I might as well buy something I enjoy driving and enjoy sitting in.

If I were just buying for the sake of the pocket book is buy a 97 Tacoma 4x4 and a 2000 accord. That'd be about 12k combined and you could sell them after 3 years for 10k