Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

This is BS

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

rwspear

rwspear

game recognize game and you lookin kinda unfamiliar right now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 22 July 2014 - 06:31 PM, said:

user name to post content ratio is amazing

whoa. super meta.

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 22 July 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

It's some kind of ism to eat pizza in front of pimple faced kids. In today's world that's just the way it is. Bunch of spineless _______________
"Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, 'I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.' Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people.
Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Internet, on 22 July 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

High speed internet access will be the next basic human right.

Could we just settle on destroying Comcast? I hate those Posted Imageers more than Hitler
Posted Image

Trenton Thompson save us

Tator

Tator

Optimistically Disappointed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Oh, what's that you say?

You refused to make paying your bills a priority and now you are without water?

Please take a number and step through here:

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
back in my younger days anybody who lived on a farm had free water. I didn't know of a farm that hadn't drilled its own well and laid the pipe. when I first started working on the place after college dad sent me to water school to be licensed to chlorinate water since we had over 25 houses on the line. I think over 15 you had to license back then. then one day all that changed. we got tired of handling the land our cousins had and scaled down to just our land. the water system was given for free to the man who had several water systems in the area so he could handle it. none of the people on the line would pay their bill. it had always been free and now it was $5 a month. it wasn't that they couldn't pay it. it was they refused to pay for something that had been free for so long.

Edited by bbqit, 23 July 2014 - 05:20 AM.

Du-te la dracu 'LSU

RebelFan4Life

RebelFan4Life

Bucky for Prez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 23 July 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

back in my younger days anybody who lived on a farm had free water. I didn't know of a farm that hadn't drilled its own well and laid the pipe. when I first started working on the place after college dad sent me to water school to be licensed to chlorinate water since we had over 25 houses on the line. I think over 15 you had to license back then. then one day all that changed. we got tired of handling the land our cousins had and scaled down to just our land. the water system was given for free to the man who had several water systems in the area so he could handle it. none of the people on the line would pay their bill. it had always been free and now it was $5 a month. it wasn't that they couldn't pay it. it was they refused to pay for something that had been free for so long.

So you support their protests?

Edited by BulldawgFan, 23 July 2014 - 05:03 PM.

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

2015 SEC Champs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I get the premise behind water being as basic a need as there is, but in an industrialized society water has to be pumped in and processed, sewage treated, etc.  You could cover this cost on municipal taxes but then you'd have the idiots who just wantonly waste water and jack taxes up for everyone.  I'd rather just have to cover my own usage.

I think the difference here is these people aren't protesting because of a heartfelt belief that all people should get free water, its that they've welched on their bills and subsequently gone this route.  Move to Alaska, or even rural parts of Kentucky.  You can make it happen without the water company.

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 23 July 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

So you support their protests?

No and my hopes of something understood are shot to hell
Du-te la dracu 'LSU