Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

what's your 2014 trap game??

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
For SC I'd probably have to say ecu. Fall practice we'll just be getting our schemes down and working on the final depth chart. Then working on getting ready for A&M for about a week. After that it will be really tempting for the team to start focusing on UGA. Starting out 2-0 in conference(assuming we beat the Aggies) while your main competition for the division sits at 0-1 would be awesome. But ecu is a decent team, and they beat unc by more than 3 TDs in Chapel Hill, and beat nc state by 2 TDs in Raleigh last year. We're obviously the better team, but we better come ready to play. Luckily it's a 7 PM game instead of an early game. That should help a good bit with the atmosphere and having the players get ready.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Much as it pains me to say this:

UT.

We start the season with arguably the toughest part of our schedule. Clemson (granted its in Athens) and then @USCEAST.  Two very big games for us, along with the beginning of the season gitters.

Then we have Troy (cakewalk) which could help or hurt us. If we start 0-2 we will be down in the dumps feeling like Posted Image and UT could come in two weeks later and give us hell. I feel better that the game is in Athens though. Now maybe we wont lose half our team on "rocky top"

UT is also the first of our 7 game SEC stretch.

UT at home, Vandy at home

Mizzou, Arky, UF (Jax), Kentucky all away games.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)

Posted Image

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bama

Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think ours would be Ole Miss. They're getting better every year and the defense will be stout this year.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ark

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We don't have any trap games, lol.

Although if I had to choose one I'd say Texas Tech or NIU
Posted Image

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
MSU is generally a trap game for us, being right after the LSU game.  We just don't have much left in the tank. In 2012, that's when the Aggies caught us.

Edited by jthomas666, 21 July 2014 - 08:27 AM.

Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 21 July 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

For SC I'd probably have to say ecu. Fall practice we'll just be getting our schemes down and working on the final depth chart. Then working on getting ready for A&M for about a week. After that it will be really tempting for the team to start focusing on UGA. Starting out 2-0 in conference(assuming we beat the Aggies) while your main competition for the division sits at 0-1 would be awesome. But ecu is a decent team, and they beat unc by more than 3 TDs in Chapel Hill, and beat nc state by 2 TDs in Raleigh last year. We're obviously the better team, but we better come ready to play. Luckily it's a 7 PM game instead of an early game. That should help a good bit with the atmosphere and having the players get ready.

Not the same team as 2013. ECU returns only 9 starters in 2014. Only two 1A teams return fewer. Mo with 8 and Utah State with 7. Single digits in that area does not bode well for a team.

msubulldogfan1

msubulldogfan1

Full blown homer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@south Alabama.

The game before LSU, it's a road game...we always play down to non bcs opponents on the road.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostALA2262, on 21 July 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

Not the same team as 2013. ECU returns only 9 starters in 2014. Only two 1A teams return fewer. Mo with 8 and Utah State with 7. Single digits in that area does not bode well for a team.

Wow, didn't realize that. Makes me feel a lot better about the game. I'd still say it's probably the best candidate for a trap on our schedule. Only other one could be @Vandy in between playing UGA and Mizzou. But we should know better than to take any SEC team lightly, and they've played us close before(and even won 2 in a row while Spurrier was here).

Skinny

Skinny

Bona fide

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@Kentucky.

Kentucky usually plays us extremely tough in Lexington so i think that's a game we really have to play mistake free football in to pull off the win. We had to play our ass off to beat them in Williams-Brice last year to pull off the close victory 35-38.

We won pretty soundly in 2012 but Kentucky's starting QB went out early with a bum ankle if i remember correctly and it was all down hill from there for Kentucky's offense.

Before that the last time we played in Lexington in 2010 we lost 31-28 in a game that still pisses me off to this day. Losing Lattimore hurt but we had a decent lead at half time 28-10 but still managed to lose mainly because of Spurriers conservative play calling IMO (not disrespect to Kentucky, they made the plays to come back and win the game). In 2008 we scraped by 24-17.

I think it's going to be a good close ball game with hopefully the good guys coming out on top.

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 21 October 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Go cocks

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bama, little brother might sneak up on us this year.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 21 July 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

I think ours would be Ole Miss. They're getting better every year and the defense will be stout this year.

And their defense has been assaulting people all offseason.... literally.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)

Posted Image

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say all of them.

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjthomas666, on 21 July 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

MSU is generally a trap game for us, being right after the LSU game.  We just don't have much left in the tank. In 2012, that's when the Aggies caught us.

This is exactly what I was thinking. A lot of similarities to this year's MSU game and the 2012 Texas A&M game.

LSU is always an emotionally and physically taxing matchup. I don't recall us ever coming out strong out of the gates in the game after. MSU is the kind of team that could exploit us there, especially considering they've got Kentucky, Arkansas and UT-Martin in the weeks leading up to our game. They'll have a great opportunity to fine-tune some things.

I think Ole Miss is a dangerous matchup too, but it's at a better part of the schedule. MSU right after LSU and two weeks before Auburn is...eh...a bit unnerving.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

SEC CHAMPIONS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users