Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

atm paid over $50K to retain player for 2014

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So it's OK for a school to spend 50-60K to BUY a player an insurance policy, but it's not OK for a player to LOAN (NOT sell) some textbooks!? Posted Image

How Texas A&M paid over $50,000 to get Cedric Ogbuehi back for 2014

http://msn.foxsports....ogbuehi-071614

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Now aTm is really starting to fit in....
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
$50K is pretty cheap

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wouldn't be surprised if NS wasn't already doing this on the DL.  It looks like a nasty loophole or a gray area of the rule book.  I think all players should have some kind of insurance in case they get injured playing for a school and it ruins their NFL chances.  IDK where to draw the line, but giving one kid special treatment so that he'll stay and play another year doesn't really seem fair.  When you look at the cost of that policy -wow.  This is big money.  I would like to hear the NCAA explain their position on it.

Posted Image

ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If a Bama player is projected first round he is told to go. atm is putting themselves ahead of the player by asking him to stay.

Edited by ALA2262, 17 July 2014 - 09:56 AM.

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostALA2262, on 17 July 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

If a Bama player is projected first round he is told to go. atm is putting themselves ahead of the player by asking him to stay.

I thought it was top 15 or so.  Some players can significantly increase their draft day money by waiting a year.  For a lot of players the contract they get on signing day is the best they will ever get.  For some that initial contract is pretty much all that they will get.  Really it should be based on potential.  If a guy is at the top of his game there is nothing left for him at the D1 level.  If he is close, it's a judgement call based on money.

Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
aTm is in bed with Obama has to be with a 50k policy
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They tried to bribe Johnny with 50k (paid in Cocaine) but he didn't take the deal.

Just what I heard.
The 2014 Alabama Football Revenge Tour:

West Virginia: W
Florida Atlantic: W
Southern Miss: W
Florida: W
Ole Miss:
Arkansas:
Texas A&M:
Tennessee:
LSU:
Mississippi State:
Western Carolina:

Auburn:

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 17 July 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

They tried to bribe Johnny with 50k (paid in Cocaine) but he didn't take the deal.

Just what I heard.

I bet a lot of Johnny's personality problems will be solved once he meets Peyton Manning over the middle. Best Linebacker ever.

WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Maybe A&M ought to buy some additional insurance....

A construction worker on Texas A&M's Kyle Field project who was fired for hanging a University of Alabama flag on the
stadium said on Facebook he sabotaged the stadium, according to an article from mysanantonio.com. In a post from Feb.
28, Bobby Livingston wrote, "This stadium will never be ready for this. Season,I'm putting iron in backwards and wrong
holing everything!!"

According to the article, Livingston made another post in April that said: "If you ever attend a Texas A&M football game,
don't sit at the Northeast End Zone, it was raining today and I made 2 very "questionable" welds!!" The inspector of the
Kyle Field renovation told KXBT that all work was verified by a third-party inspector and is safe and up to standards.

http://www.mysananto...lag-5625303.php
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
All he had to do was put a saban bobble head somewhere inside the bricks. Fire side stories would be great for another 50 years
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Desperate times,call for desperate measures.

Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 17 July 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

Just what I heard.

Really makes one wonder eat really goes on behind closed doors with some universities.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMaroonblood, on 19 July 2014 - 05:31 PM, said:

Really makes one wonder eat really goes on behind closed doors with some universities.

Kinda makes me wonder what's important in rich folks lives...

It's happening everywhere,most of it we don't hear about.None of us are innocent of tweaking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users