Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Texas offered Saban 100 million +

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.al.com/sp...aban_100_m.html

Saw this on Texags. If it's been posted sorry for the repeat but I never saw it. That's crazy money and says a lot about Bama, the SEC, and just where texas really fits into the national picture at this point. That is a lot of money to turn down if true.

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i imagine that is what sexton told finebaum. true or not finebaum had his source. sexton could be using a new tact to drive up coach salaries.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Noah

Noah

Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What it didn't say was $100m for how many years.  And you can bet that it came with strings attached.... like a buy-out of course.

And the other thing that nobody is talking about is the Alabama Teacher's pension fund which Saban is vested in.   If Saban hangs around until year 8 then the pension doubles to $1.5m annually... for the rest of Saban's life.
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I just love it that they can't buy away their problems. Money, $100 million dollars, isn't enough.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Saban will retire at Bama you sumbitches just need to pray he doesn't stay around like Joe Pa....minus the kid booty love of course.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'll coach Texas

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 17 July 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

Saban will retire at Bama you sumbitches just need to pray he doesn't stay around like Joe Pa....minus the kid booty love of course.

Sick sad world PSU. I noticed that happened and Franklin didn't bat an eye to get up there. I think Saban will hit the 8 years and get gone. I wouldn't imagine spurrier staying at SC too much longer. He said during SEC media days that he wanted to do the NFL route 5-6 years and retire. I think he is about to hit the ceiling on his interest to really work.

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 17 July 2014 - 01:53 PM, said:

Sick sad world PSU. I noticed that happened and Franklin didn't bat an eye to get up there. I think Saban will hit the 8 years and get gone. I wouldn't imagine spurrier staying at SC too much longer. He said during SEC media days that he wanted to do the NFL route 5-6 years and retire. I think he is about to hit the ceiling on his interest to really work.

This is his eighth year......and your thinking he's lost interest at 8 yrs......you're pretty sharp huh cuz I guess you looked at his body of work and saw the signs which would indicate him losing interest, signs apparently only your spooky abilities see

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 17 July 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

This is his eighth year......and your thinking he's lost interest at 8 yrs......you're pretty sharp huh cuz I guess you looked at his body of work and saw the signs which would indicate him losing interest, signs apparently only your spooky abilities see

On spurrier? That is who I was talking about losing interest, but yeah I think Saban won't be around another 10 years or anything. He is older than he looks and sometimes seems run down. No need to get militant about. I figured the candy fans would of gotten madder quicker than a bamer.

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBatteredPancake, on 17 July 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

I'll coach Texas
You wouldn't coach Vandy ?
Posted Image
Formerly known as Darth Neyland

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
saban will coach at bama for more years to come than spurrier will at usc. if I had to guess? 5 tops for spur, 7 tops for saban. yet they could both quit tomorrow if they wanted to. im pretty sure muschamp will be available and I know one of the browns would jump at the jobs. heck who knows, if mullens wins 9 this year he is a shoo in at usc.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How mad will bammers be when Saban does leave? I bet they will be burning hay bales in the street.

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 17 July 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

How mad will bammers be when Saban does leave? I bet they will be burning hay bales in the street.

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpossumslayer, on 17 July 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
100 million for a guy that can't figure out the HUNH?

Okay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users