Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


South Carolina/ Texas a&m trophy

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#121
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,109
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,397
ATM and USC neither got this started? Maybe a bet between AD's would be better
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#122
bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,443
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Location:
    Tejas
  • Cash:
    1,200
  • High Fives:
    1,217
I don't care who had the idea it was a stupid one. We played texass over a hundred years in a row and didn't need a stupid trophy. There was more hate in that rivalry than will ever exist between ATM and SC.

It's just not necessary.

Edited by bobbyb0322, 27 July 2014 - 06:38 AM.

Posted Image


#123
Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,684
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Location:
    Denton, TX
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    807

View Postbobbyb0322, on 27 July 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

I don't care who had the idea it was a stupid one. We played texass over a hundred years in a row and didn't need a stupid trophy. There was more hate in that rivalry than will ever exist between ATM and SC.

It's just not necessary.

Well....State Farm came up with that Lone Star trophy.

#124
Maroonblood

Maroonblood
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,684
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Location:
    Denton, TX
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    807
I say if we win....we fry up that damn chicken.

#125
DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,478
  • Joined:
    Jun 2014
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    616

View Postbobbyb0322, on 27 July 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

I don't care who had the idea it was a stupid one. We played texass over a hundred years in a row and didn't need a stupid trophy. There was more hate in that rivalry than will ever exist between ATM and SC.

It's just not necessary.
Wait another 100 years.

#126
bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,443
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Location:
    Tejas
  • Cash:
    1,200
  • High Fives:
    1,217

View PostMaroonblood, on 27 July 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

Well....State Farm came up with that Lone Star trophy.

I was unaware there was even a trophy lol

Posted Image


#127
bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,109
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,397
Texas kept it
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

#128
BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

    Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,729
  • Age:
    30
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Location:
    OKlahoma
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,532

View Postbobbyb0322, on 27 July 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

I don't care who had the idea it was a stupid one. We played texass over a hundred years in a row and didn't need a stupid trophy. There was more hate in that rivalry than will ever exist between ATM and SC.

It's just not necessary.

Im not a fan of the prefab rivalry. Rivalries happen on their own. They aren't as special when they are created.
Sterling.jpg

#18 Oklahoma 5-2 (2-2) vs Iowa State 2-4 (0-3) Nov 1st

#129
bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,443
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Location:
    Tejas
  • Cash:
    1,200
  • High Fives:
    1,217

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 28 July 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

Im not a fan of the prefab rivalry. Rivalries happen on their own. They aren't as special when they are created.

I agree. Rivalries require history. We have zero history with them as we have never played them in football. You could argue we have somewhat of a rivalry with LSU or Arkansas since we have played them quite a bit in the past.

Posted Image


#130
BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

    Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,729
  • Age:
    30
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Location:
    OKlahoma
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,532

View Postbobbyb0322, on 28 July 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:



I agree. Rivalries require history. We have zero history with them as we have never played them in football. You could argue we have somewhat of a rivalry with LSU or Arkansas since we have played them quite a bit in the past.

Speaking of rivalries...Charlie Strong says he thinks A&M and UT should play in the future....thats a start at least, right?
Sterling.jpg

#18 Oklahoma 5-2 (2-2) vs Iowa State 2-4 (0-3) Nov 1st

#131
GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,171
  • Joined:
    Jul 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    701
Who cares?  What's the big whine about?  I just hope we can keep it competitive going forward.  I'm pretty sure it will be a good match as long as Spurrier is here, but TAM is going to start cleaning up those stud recruits in/around Texas now that they're in the SEC.  I see TAM eventually becoming the Bama of the East.  Texas has more people in the suburbs of Houston than we've got in our entire state. We also have a pay-to-play in-state rival 125 miles away competing for those same few SC recruits.  Let's just enjoy the game and stop looking for reasons to be upset.

#132
GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    16,004
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Mar 2005
  • Location:
    L.A. (Lower Alabama)
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,312

View PostGamecockDieHard, on 28 July 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

Who cares?  What's the big whine about?  I just hope we can keep it competitive going forward.  I'm pretty sure it will be a good match as long as Spurrier is here, but TAM is going to start cleaning up those stud recruits in/around Texas now that they're in the SEC. I see TAM eventually becoming the Bama of the East.  Texas has more people in the suburbs of Houston than we've got in our entire state. We also have a pay-to-play in-state rival 125 miles away competing for those same few SC recruits.  Let's just enjoy the game and stop looking for reasons to be upset.
:huh:  - Texas A&M is in the West Division with Bama.  Am I missing something?
2014 Football (4-3, 2-3)
10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014-15 Basketball (0-0, 0-0)
11/14/14 North Florida; 11/18/14 Baylor; 11/20/14 vs. Cornell (in Charleston, SC); 11/21/14 vs. Penn State/Charlotte (in Charleston, SC); 11/23/14 vs. TBD ( in Charleston, SC); 11/26/14 UNC Asheville; 12/1/14 at Marshall; 12/6/14 Oklahoma State; 12/19/14 Clemson; 12/21/14 Coker; 12/30/14 North Carolina A&T; 1/3/15 vs. Iowa State (in Brooklyn, NY); 1/7/15 Florida; 1/10/15 at Ole Miss; 1/13/15 Alabama; 1/17/15 at Auburn; 1/20/15 Tennessee; 1/24/15 Kentucky; 1/28/15 at LSU; 1/31/15 Georgia; 2/3/15 at Arkansas; 2/7/15 at Vanderbilt; 2/10/15 Missouri; 2/14/15 at Kentucky; 2/17/15 at Georgia; 2/21/15 Texas A&M; 2/24/15 at Alabama; 2/28/15 Mississippi State; 3/5/15 Arkansas; 3/7/15 at Tennessee

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

#133
DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,478
  • Joined:
    Jun 2014
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    616
Trophies make me mad

#134
bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,443
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Location:
    Tejas
  • Cash:
    1,200
  • High Fives:
    1,217

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 28 July 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Speaking of rivalries...Charlie Strong says he thinks A&M and UT should play in the future....thats a start at least, right?

I don't think we are really interested at this point. Perhaps one day in the future.

I do know that Sumlin commented on Bob Stoops comments about A&M's OOC schedule strength. He said he would be happy to put you guys on the schedule any years he wants.

Posted Image


#135
GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,171
  • Joined:
    Jul 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    701
Posted ImageGamecockDieHard, on 28 July 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

Who cares?  What's the big whine about?  I just hope we can keep it competitive going forward.  I'm pretty sure it will be a good match as long as Spurrier is here, but TAM is going to start cleaning up those stud recruits in/around Texas now that they're in the SEC. I see TAM eventually becoming the Bama of the East.  Texas has more people in the suburbs of Houston than we've got in our entire state. We also have a pay-to-play in-state rival 125 miles away competing for those same few SC recruits.  Let's just enjoy the game and stop looking for reasons to be upset.



:huh:  - Texas A&M is in the West Division with Bama.  Am I missing something




D'OHHHHH!  No, but I clearly did!






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users