Best defense this year. - Page 8 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 8

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Best defense this year.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 18 July 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Bama being #1 is so boring now.

Isn't it about time for them to get turned in again? Saban needs a show cause from the NCAA to settle the updykes down a bit.

Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 July 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

You disagree with the 2 deep for your DBs I posted? Post your projected starters then by all means, please. (I bet he can't do it without cut and paste and it will have no original commentary with it)

Much better looking 2 deep than last years, though I think 2-3 true freshmen will be on it. Much better coach as well.

Your original and unconventional commentary is often severely wrong. Stop confusing original with intelligent as they are often mutually exclusive.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 18 July 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

You must not know about his long history of being very wrong about uga due to a blinding hate. Objectivity is often necessary for an opinion to be reputable and that is what he lacks.

And that means UGA isn't inexperienced because.......

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 18 July 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

I consider his points about the UGA D to be valid. If you'd like to point out the faults in his logic about the inexperience of UGAs D I'm all ears.

We return one of the most experienced d's in the sec btw. That would be easy to prove.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 18 July 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

Much better looking 2 deep than last years, though I think 2-3 true freshmen will be on it. Much better coach as well.

Your original and unconventional commentary is often severely wrong. Stop confusing original with intelligent as they are often mutually exclusive.

Project who YOU actually think will be in the UGA defensive back field please. "2-3 true freshman" is not an answer. Please. Actual try to do this one, please.

Posted Image

msubulldogfan1

msubulldogfan1

Full blown homer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJohnRambo, on 18 July 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

I am saying that total yards does not win or lose games, yes.
it doesn't win or lose games, it's a 3 demensional sport.  But as far as defense goes it's the number 1 or 2 most important stat. Arguement a can be made for both yards and points allowed.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And while we are playing the "DJ will Tap Dance around it" game can you name any SEC program that has turned its D staff over in an off season then had one of the best D's in the league the next season?

Posted Image

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 July 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

Project who YOU actually think will be in the UGA defensive back field please. "2-3 true freshman" is not an answer. Please. Actual try to do this one, please.

1. I expect the 3 returning starters will be on it. I expect the walk-on and jj green as well. Freshmen Sanders, Parrish, and fenteng as the other 3 though it would be nice if Dawson would make a move.
2. All in all, better looking than last years and that's completely discounting coaching as you likely want to do.
3. I bet you want to discount the schedule wide dropoff at qb as well.

DJSdawg

DJSdawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 July 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

And while we are playing the "DJ will Tap Dance around it" game can you name any SEC program that has turned its D staff over in an off season then had one of the best D's in the league the next season?

Since when did you change your mind about the ole miss d? You have been tip tapping around that among a few others like points scored with and without gurley.

1. Lsu improved 3 sec spots in total d with chavis.
2. Uga improved 3 sec spots in total d with grantham.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 18 July 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

1. I expect the 3 returning starters will be on it. I expect the walk-on and jj green as well. Freshmen Sanders, Parrish, and fenteng as the other 3 though it would be nice if Dawson would make a move.
2. All in all, better looking than last years and that's completely discounting coaching as you likely want to do.
3. I bet you want to discount the schedule wide dropoff at qb as well.

1. Not an actual 2 deep. Shocked
2. Last year had more talent
3. Thompson is a better passer than Shaw, Driskell is a better passer than Murphy, Muak is a better passer than Franklin, where do you see a schedule wide dropoff? I would expect equal to better overall than what you saw last year at this point. Clemson should be the biggest change in passing to the negative.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDJSdawg, on 18 July 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Since when did you change your mind about the ole miss d? You have been tip tapping around that among a few others like points scored with and without gurley.

1. Lsu improved 3 sec spots in total d with chavis.
2. Uga improved 3 sec spots in total d with grantham.
Why do you keep thinking I have changed my mind on Ole Miss? I still think they start strong but lack the depth and help from the O to carry the team to 9 wins. When did you have a stated expectation for Ole Miss?

Chavis was a proven SEC winner and had LSU at 6 of 12 in 2009 in total D in the SEC (Do you think that's top tier)
Grantham had them 4 in the SEC (of 12 2nd tier back then)

Edited by smokeyone, 18 July 2014 - 11:40 AM.

Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 July 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Why do you keep thinking I have changed my mind on Ole Miss? I still think they start strong but lack the depth and help from the O to carry the team to 9 wins. When did you have a stated expectation for Ole Miss?

Chavis was a proven SEC winner and had LSU at 6 of 12 in 2009 in total D in the SEC (Do you think that's top tier)
Grantham had them 4 in the SEC (of 12 2nd tier back then)

We are pretty solid 2 deep on d. Our line and secondary are really good. Easily top 5 in the sec. Linebackers are very experienced. Offensive line is really the only thin spot we have

Key to us winning 9 is health on offense and taking advantage of red zone opportunities which we struggled with last year

Edited by GoldenRebel, 18 July 2014 - 11:47 AM.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 18 July 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

We are pretty solid 2 deep on d. Our line and secondary are really good. Easily top 5 in the sec. Linebackers are very experienced. Offensive line is really the only thin spot we have

I don't expect much from the Ole miss O as a whole, Wallace hasn't impressed me since the injury and I don't see Treadwell repeating his success without Moncrief  and the Ole Miss rushing game is pretty much non existent at this point. A questionable OLine will not help any of that. I just think that that great D will be run down and out of gas late in the season again.

Edit to correct autocorrect

Edited by smokeyone, 18 July 2014 - 11:54 AM.

Posted Image

msubulldogfan1

msubulldogfan1

Full blown homer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 18 July 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

I don't expect much from the Ole miss O as a whole, Wallace hasn't impressed me since the injury and I don't see Treadwell repeating his success without Moncrief  and the Ole Miss rushing game is pretty much non existent at this point. A questionable OLine will not help any of that. I just think that that great D will be run down and out of gas late in the season again.

Edit to correct autocorrect
to be fair...treadwell is a beast with or without moncrief.  Their o-line is very good but extremely thin.  And Jeff Scott is very good.  

And I don't think their d is great.  Good yes, msu good? No.

But yea, Posted Image em.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 18 July 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

to be fair...treadwell is a beast with or without moncrief.  Their o-line is very good but extremely thin.  And Jeff Scott is very good.  

And I don't think their d is great.  Good yes, msu good? No.

But yea, :lanekiffin: em.

They better do something on D this year as next year it evaporates. They are looking at losing 10 plus off the 2 deep.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users