Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Comcast Rep. Got Straight Up Belligerent’: Just Listen to What Happens When a Man Simply Tries to Cancel His Comcast Service

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Talk about a CSR from hell!

Rep. Got Straight Up Belligerent’: Just Listen to What Happens When a Man Simply Tries to Cancel His Comcast Service

A Comcast customer service representative was caught on audio last week keeping a customer on the phone for an extended period of time as he repeatedly asked the individual why he would want to disconnect his service.

AOL product manager, Ryan Block, who is heard on the recording, said his wife initially called the cable provider to cancel their service.

According to Block, the representative “got straight up belligerent” and was “aggressively repeating his questions” instead of canceling their service — so much so that after 10 minutes his wife eventually handed the phone over to him and he started recording.
“Help me understand why you can’t just disconnect us?” Block asked the unidentified Comcast representative on the phone.
“Because my job is to have a conversation with you about keeping your service,” the representative replied. “About finding about why it is you are looking to cancel your service.”

“I’m declining to state why we are leaving Comcast because I don’t owe you an explanation,” Block quipped back.

That didn’t quell the Comcast representative who continued asking why the couple would ever want to cancel their service.
“Being that we are the number one provider of Internet and TV service in the entire country, why is that you are not wanting to have the number one rated internet service available?” the representative asked at one point.

“So you’re not interested in the fastest Internet in the country?” he asked at another.

“I’m really ashamed to see you go to something that can’t give you what we can,” he said at yet another point in the call.

After Block repeatedly explained that he simply wanted to cancel, the representative finally — and suddenly — obliged.
“I’d like to thank you very much for being a great part of Comcast. Have a wonderful day,” he told Block.

The conversation ended so abruptly, Block wondered if the representative, who said he couldn’t provide him with a confirmation number, even canceled his service.

He later confirmed on Twitter that it had been disconnected.

Audio

https://soundcloud.com/ryan-block-10

http://www.huffingto..._n_5586476.html

http://www.theblaze....omcast-service/
Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 927
Newest Purchase: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

Gov. Gary Johnson for President in 2016

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Lol I used to work for Comcast in Jacksonville. I am not surpsied at all by this. I was on the Residential Internet repair side. Was very good so i moved to Business Class, then to building Static IP's for Business class clients.

I'll tell you, Comcast will hire pretty much any piece of Posted Image that walks through the door. They care about 1 thing and 1 thing only, keeping the money coming in.

Reps are training to take as many calls as possible, not provide good customer service......funniest thing is....their CSR slogan is "think customer first" hahaha what a crock of Posted Image.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I worked for them as a comtech I,II and III and after the injury that caused me to go deaf in 1 ear and down to 35% in the other I spent 3 months on the phone. They moved from local phone reps to regional call centers and I was made a global rep, taking overflow calls from everywhere. When the lawsuit was finalized (Comcast was at vault for my hearing loss) I moved on very quickly.

When they moved to regional call centers from the local model customer service went in the toilet. Odds are a team lead was looking at why this guy was on a call that was backing up the call que and told him to just cancel the service. Kid was doing what he was trained to do.

Posted Image

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
After following some advice we called to get our rate reduced and was told it would be reflected on our next bill. The next bill was higher so the wife cut out two hours of her schedule, because that's what it takes to get anywhere with Comcast, and they called her a liar, said they would have to "research" her phone call, hung up on her, put her on hold for thirty minutes, redirected her to three different managers, only one showed a record of the previous conversation and they said that person didn't have the authority to lower our rate, said they'd have three days to "research" the conversation and would call back; didn't, oh and all the while being total dicks.

They deserve all the bad press they get and then some.

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As a near monopoly in my region, I hate them. They just up and set an internet limit on us even though it wasn't on the contract anywhere. We were signed up for unlimited and they just changed it. They are dick heads and have the worst customer service out of any company I have dealt with. There must be a reason they use the colors of the nazi flag, and their little command center here in Knoxville looks like the flipping evil empire with storm trooper white vans. I hate comcast, but they are the only option in the region.

Edited by DjCrenshaw, 16 July 2014 - 02:03 PM.

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Dak>Bo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 16 July 2014 - 02:02 PM, said:

As a near monopoly in my region, I hate them. They just up and set an internet limit on us even though it wasn't on the contract anywhere. We were signed up for unlimited and they just changed it. They are dick heads and have the worst customer service out of any company I have dealt with. There must be a reason they use the colors of the nazi flag, and their little command center here in Knoxville looks like the flipping evil empire with storm trooper white vans. I hate comcast, but they are the only option in the region.

And this sir is why the government may step in (or may have already I've seen no update) on the TW and Comcast Merger. It really is beginning to become a true monopoly. I work for a small regional cable company. I handle tech support for their phone,hsd,and cable services. I also handle billing calls as well. We go directly against comcast in some areas and we use our lower rates and customer serivces awards to win customers over ,but they slowly try to choke out areas with special introductory rates and offers. Unfortunatly alot of customer's see upfront costs and not long run costs before making a decision as to who to use. Then they are stuck with a contract and no way out without penalties when the price sky rockets up.
Posted Image

DjCrenshaw

DjCrenshaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 16 July 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

And this sir is why the government may step in (or may have already I've seen no update) on the TW and Comcast Merger. It really is beginning to become a true monopoly. I work for a small regional cable company. I handle tech support for their phone,hsd,and cable services. I also handle billing calls as well. We go directly against comcast in some areas and we use our lower rates and customer serivces awards to win customers over ,but they slowly try to choke out areas with special introductory rates and offers. Unfortunatly alot of customer's see upfront costs and not long run costs before making a decision as to who to use. Then they are stuck with a contract and no way out without penalties when the price sky rockets up.

I truly believe that comcast needs to be busted up into atleast 3 smaller companies. However, if you are looking for the government to do too much Idk. I think a comcast service guy told me they provide the government and white house with their cable and maybe internet.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDjCrenshaw, on 16 July 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

I truly believe that comcast needs to be busted up into atleast 3 smaller companies. However, if you are looking for the government to do too much Idk. I think a comcast service guy told me they provide the government and white house with their cable and maybe internet.

so that explains why it's a never ending phuck job from Comcast. My neighbor's trees don't allow me Directv, Uverse doesn't have the fiberoptics in my area,(baffling), and Dish has schitty internet service so I'd have to keep comcast and end up paying the same amount for satelite service.

It's just one never ending, no vaseline, dick going in sideways, pump job.

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostA10Rebel, on 16 July 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

so that explains why it's a never ending phuck job from Comcast. My neighbor's trees don't allow me Directv, Uverse doesn't have the fiberoptics in my area,(baffling), and Dish has schitty internet service so I'd have to keep comcast and end up paying the same amount for satelite service.

It's just one never ending, no vaseline, dick going in sideways, pump job.
Too bad about your neighbor's trees. I've got Directv figgered out. Every 4 years, cancel your service and re-up in your spouse's name. All the good Posted Image with none of the rate hikes. And free pay channels for a few months.

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSquealliam Fatner, on 16 July 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

Too bad about your neighbor's trees. I've got Directv figgered out. Every 4 years, cancel your service and re-up in your spouse's name. All the good Posted Image with none of the rate hikes. And free pay channels for a few months.

that's brilliant.  I love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users